Todd Elton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Todd Elton

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Re: Welcome Todd Elton

Interesting pick, didn't really notice him at the carnival so i'm assuming he showed some good form at TAC level (at least in patches). I'm just wondering if FJ is thinking outside the square here, with such impressive speed and agility Elton could be an ideal candidate for CHB. He's probably too short for the ruck and I'd like to see more time put into Griffiths in the forward line so that would seem a logical step.

monteath

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 16, 2007
Richmond

bullus_hit said:
Interesting pick, didn't really notice him at the carnival so i'm assuming he showed some good form at TAC level (at least in patches). I'm just wondering if FJ is thinking outside the square here, with such impressive speed and agility Elton could be an ideal candidate for CHB. He's probably too short for the ruck and I'd like to see more time put into Griffiths in the forward line so that would seem a logical step.

With his pace and mobility, together with the fact he is really a blank canvas, he could develop into the lead up forward we need. With his sizethat could be hard to match up.

linuscambridge

Tiger Superstar
Jul 13, 2004

People keep saying he is too short for the ruck, at 3 cm short of Vickery, but with an 89cm running vertical a few cm short is a little irrelevant. I would be flabbergasted if he couldn't jump a mile higher than Browne.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

Griffiths 198 , Astbury 195 , Elton 197 and Vickery 200+ .

We are stockpiling young mobile talls .

Thats a good thing

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003

linuscambridge said:
People keep saying he is too short for the ruck, at 3 cm short of Vickery, but with an 89cm running vertical a few cm short is a little irrelevant. I would be flabbergasted if he couldn't jump a mile higher than Browne.
Yeah. Seems a good kick as well which puts him well ahead of Graham and Browne. Might be a bit soft is the only possible worry. Time will tell.

GoodOne

Tiger Legend
Apr 2, 2004

Remember the game can't really afford 2 genuine rucks anymore so I think the type of player Elton is becomes more important for clubs as a key position who can pinch hit in the ruck. The kid obviously has talent and has great ground skills too for his height. Again another strong bodied player already. Will be interesting to see how he progresses.

Phar Ace

"PRE just banned my biggest fan!"
Jun 17, 2004
Queensland

casper68 said:
nice highlight video of todd l hope he has a great career at richmond

Must have been a different highlights reel to what I saw then, not being critical though, just nothing much that inspired based on what I saw - big unit, hope he's a good learner because from what I've seen so far needs plenty of development.

GoodOne

Tiger Legend
Apr 2, 2004

Phar Ace said:
Must have been a different highlights reel to what I saw then, not being critical though, just nothing much that inspired based on what I saw - big unit, hope he's a good learner because from what I've seen so far needs plenty of development.

As you'd expect of a tall picked at #26 in a compromised draft.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

GoodOne said:
As you'd expect of a tall picked at #26 in a compromised draft.

Common sense. He'll need a bit of work by the looks of it.
We're certainly getting some genuine height onto the list, you'd hope at least a couple of them will kick on.
Puts a bit of pressure on Post, Griffiths & Astbury this too.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD

After watching Todd and Perer Daicos have a kick on YouTube, the only thing I can say is "happy go lucky".

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004

linuscambridge said:

True & most reports are saying he is better as a key fwd.197 for a key fwd is not short.Most people had Ellis & Elton going around the picks we have taken them with so it's not like we have drafted smokey's.A few non Tiger supporters over on b.f think we have done well.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Can anyone get the video of The Todd to work on the RFC website? I still keep getting a "video unavailable" message.

There's a package on YouTube.

SAF

Tiger Superstar
Nov 23, 2007
Internet

Sintiger said:
Griffiths 198 , Astbury 195 , Elton 197 and Vickery 200+ .

We are stockpiling young mobile talls .

Thats a good thing

Post is 195 as well. Add to that Jack at 195, Rance at 194 and Maric at 200. Overall I think we have the best batch of talls we've had for a long time, both in terms of quantity and quaility. Jack is already an A-grader and Vickery is on his way to this level, we just need a few of the others to develop into top liners. Rance gave me a lot of hope this year.

vinpaul

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2009

Yeap, clip finally up on the website. Some genuine pack marks in there, speed also excellent.