Todd Elton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Todd Elton

GoodOne

Tiger Legend
Apr 2, 2004
Re: Welcome Todd Elton

Apparently he took 9 contested marks in one game. Problem is he's been inconsistent. Also spoke about him being affected by a spider bite. Had to go to hospital for a drip 7 nights in a row. I'm encouraged by his abilitites. As nromal, the question now is whether he can translate that talent into AFL success.

GoodOne

Tiger Legend
Apr 2, 2004

Just watched that highlights reel. Gotta say quite impressive. He has damn strong hands. Knows how to use his body to position himself too. And beautiful disposal. Now where's the lowlights reel?

Brooklyn Tiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 23, 2008
Brooklyn, NY

Good luck to Todd, didn't see this one coming. would have liked Kerstens here or even markworth. I think they would have filled more of a need. But, Todd's highlight package does look ok.

Does look like he can play, just didn't think it would be us that would pick him...

GoodOne

Tiger Legend
Apr 2, 2004

Recruiter said he was touted as a possible top 5 pick earlier in the year before championships but didn't really fire. Had the spider bite just before championships. I know we're only dealing with short highlights but liked his reel alot more than Kersten. And Kersten did slide quite a fair way from where he was touted to be picked.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004

Phar Ace said:
I get the comment about playing down back if he has trouble leading to good spots a s a forward - no better way to learn than marking the best. The key issue will be if he wants to complete. Sounds like that might be an issue so far, but a round a great bunch of blokes that can change. Does he sound a little bit Gourdis to anyone else?

Dean Putt to leysy ;D

In all seriousness he is a good example of a tall with all the athletic ability in the world but who was soft at the contest.

If there is one truism its that big guys don't make it unless they absolutely relish physcial contact. Plenty have failed because of just that one reason.

You get the feeling that will also be the thing that makes or breaks this guy.

RICHO_12

Tiger Superstar
Jul 1, 2004

If he looks up to N Riewoldt as a CHF I like that especially if he is keen to get on his bike!!
Although if he gets to Paddy Ryder level I wouldn't be unhappy at pick 26. To me will be between Griff, Astbury & Todd to cement the CHF-CHB spots over the next 3yrs.

If he is a bit soft then we stick him in the ring with TV to toughen him up...
Could do worse then have High Deff rub off on him.

The more I read about his athletism the more I love this pick

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003

seems a very similar type to griffiths. could griff's injury concerns have influenced us to go for elton?

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane

Nice grab in a pack! Full stretch and takes them in his fingertips. Doesn't mind a tackle either and knows how to get out of second gear. I look forward to seeing what he can do at senior level against guys half as talented but twice as mean.

TigerTribe5

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 14, 2010

Seems to be able to take a strong contested mark as well has run with the ball & create space.

Look forward to seeing his development over the next few years!

shamekha

Tiger Superstar
Mar 7, 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2S-ASgCbnE&feature=related

thought i remebered seeing him on the TAC Daicos Challange. Gives a bit more on what the kids like.. Seems a genuinely nice type of person that looked totally overawed in the presence of Daic's. But it was early in the season. Says he's full forward as well.

i can see this kid playing down back the way he plays, he reminds me of Brian Lake..

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

Harry said:
seems a very similar type to griffiths. could griff's injury concerns have influenced us to go for elton?

That was certainly my initial thoughts.
When you break it down we're not that well off for talls.
Astbury too has his injury probs and Post no certainty to make it. Gus, Gourdis & McGuane on the outer. Thursty & Westhoff gone.

Seems like a solid notion for his selection. Hope he does well.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

Leysy Days said:
Dean Putt to leysy ;D

In all seriousness he is a good example of a tall with all the athletic ability in the world but who was soft at the contest.

If there is one truism its that big guys don't make it unless they absolutely relish physcial contact. Plenty have failed because of just that one reason.

You get the feeling that will also be the thing that makes or breaks this guy.

Agree with that Boozy. This is the only one of our 3 picks that I am a bit meh about. No doubt he has talent but if he hasn't got any sh!t in him he is unlikely to make it.

monteath

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 16, 2007
Richmond

Ridley said:
Agree with that Boozy. This is the only one of our 3 picks that I am a bit meh about. No doubt he has talent but if he hasn't got any sh!t in him he is unlikely to make it.

I look at the athleticism. I expect Dimma would have given a very clear message to the recruiters - I don't want any girls! They would have taken that into account. This is the most exciting recruit this year, including the trade period.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia

Harry said:

Not sure Harry. I thought I had read we had been into this kid for a long time, which makes me think that Griif was not any major sort of consideration in us picking him up.

That said though, we have another player as insurance.

Feb 25, 2007

Wow what a great pair of hands this kid can really take a pack mark....luv his agility and his kicking action is good too....

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/roar%20vision%20archive/tabid/11454/contentid/405049/default.aspx