Trade out this years draft picks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade out this years draft picks

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The best strategy to take to the draft would be to send SOS chocolates and a red phone the week before

and tell him we will do anything he wants if he only talks to us

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
2013 against Carlton 24 possessions, 2014 against port 29 possessions. 2015 against north 17 possesions ( reminder that Cotchin had 9 that day!)

You are just making stuff up.

You must be new to this site

Reactions: 1 users

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
For mine, trade to get whatever pick needed so we can target the best KPD in the draft, and then everything else should be targeted towards stockpiling future picks. This draft we need to play the long game.

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
It is reported that after the first two players (who are standouts) picks 3-30 are reasonably even with plenty of midfielders on offer.

Down side is not many quality kp players in that pick range.

We could do with another quality midfielder.

Keath a kp defender from the Crows has been floated as a possibility to move clubs this year, has shown reasonable form this year but has some back related issues.

If Ellis goes and we get an end of first round compensation pick we will have options for trade or picks.

thomas the tiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 17, 2004
Pick 18 and 36 should be put on the table for a top 10 pick next year. Target hawthorn that need young players for their first round next year. Could be between 4 /8 next year.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Pick 18 and 36 should be put on the table for a top 10 pick next year. Target hawthorn that need young players for their first round next year. Could be between 4 /8 next year.

Our last 3 years of picks around 36 mark; Ross 43, Naish 34, Bolton 29. Not sure we should throw away an important pick like that bundled up with 18. Pick 18 last 3 years; Duursma, Starceivc, Powell-Pepper. Would we trade right now a Higgins (drafted @ 17) and Ross (drafted @ 43) for next year's Pick 10? Doesn't sound like a good deal to me.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Understand the 'gun for the future' vibe but I'm sure whatever the strategy our recruiting team will choose the right one.

thomas the tiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 17, 2004
Our last 3 years of picks around 36 mark; Ross 43, Naish 34, Bolton 29. Not sure we should throw away an important pick like that bundled up with 18. Pick 18 last 3 years; Duursma, Starceivc, Powell-Pepper. Would we trade right now a Higgins (drafted @ 17) and Ross (drafted @ 43) for next year's Pick 10? Doesn't sound like a good deal to me.

Agree we have pulled some good picks with late 2 round. But my original point is that we so much good depth at this stage do we really need two new players at pick 18,36 or 54 this year. I would rather trade them for a pick 6 to 10 in next years draft and get an elite player. You can now trade future year picks. The Afl have some points ratings so not sure if this equates to a fair deal.

I will get howled down but have no problem keeping Menadue, markov, Townsend etc on the list for another year or two. I think it would actually strengthen club morale and culture.

Letsroar

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2014
I also think that given the depth of our list trade up and get a top 10 pick. Use our fringe players who want greater opportunities and those we need to trade for salary cap reasons to get it done

We talk about the quality of our later picks but the Martin Cotchin Jack and Rance are the cream that others struggle to control

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Can we stop giving away players.
Lloyd is leading Footscrays goal kicking
And Ellis is doing nothing at the GC.

If Lloyd was a X Collingwood player he would’ve got them a decent pick in return. Eg Seedsman, Kennedy, Wellingham.