Trade period 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade period 2021

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Wingard will stay at Hawks

By Michael Gleeson​

Chad Wingard will remain at Hawthorn next year after the player indicated he was not interested in a move to GWS.
The Giants had some interest in the former Port Adelaide player but the interest has not advanced after some contact at the weekend. Any deal for Wingard to the Giants would have involved Bobby HiIl moving to Hawthorn and the Hawks being required to carry a significant portion of Wingard’s money.
The first step in any potential deal needed Wingard, who has two years remaining on his contract at the Hawks, being prepared to move and sources said that Wingard on Monday told his management, hawthorn and the Giants he was happy where he was and did not want to explore a move north.

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

By Michael Gleeson​

Chad Wingard will remain at Hawthorn next year after the player indicated he was not interested in a move to GWS.
The Giants had some interest in the former Port Adelaide player but the interest has not advanced after some contact at the weekend. Any deal for Wingard to the Giants would have involved Bobby HiIl moving to Hawthorn and the Hawks being required to carry a significant portion of Wingard’s money.
The first step in any potential deal needed Wingard, who has two years remaining on his contract at the Hawks, being prepared to move and sources said that Wingard on Monday told his management, hawthorn and the Giants he was happy where he was and did not want to explore a move north.

This can only help Richmond land Mitchell.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Peter Bell and Freo, giving gifts to clubs on the Eastern Seaboard as always.

Clark to freo done 22+ future 3rd

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
This can only help Richmond land Mitchell.
We shouldn't go for Mitchell or any of the Dorks' cast-offs. Failed strategy which they have now realised and thus are desperately trying to get into this draft and grab more quality kids to assist a rebuild with Day and GB. Might have liked Jeager some years back but injuries have curtailed his brilliance I think.

As already posted by someone - if the likes of Mitchell have not made Hathorn better (a contender), what makes you think he would do for us?

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

By Michael Gleeson​

Is that football code for I'm leaving?

Robbie Tarrant and a future second-round pick from North Melbourne and a third-round selection (currently No. 40 overall) at this year’s draft will go to Richmond.

Callum Coleman-Jones, two third-round selections (currently No. 42 and No. 47 overall) and Richmond’s future fourth-round selection will go to North Melbourne.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Peter Bell and Freo, giving gifts to clubs on the Eastern Seaboard as always.

Clark to freo done 22+ future 3rd
I think Freo have done really well here. This kid is the perfect back flanker/winger.

Geelong totally mismanaged him. Shaun Higgins/Issac Smith cost them Jordan Clark.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
With Ladhams requesting a trade to Sydney, its going to be interesting to see how all those clubs make things work.

Sydney don't have a pick for Ladhams (12 too high, 31 probably too low) - though I don't really rate Ladhams, Port wouldn't accept that
Adelaide don't have the picks for Dawson.

Reckon there could be some bids for those picks between 14 and 20 coming in over the next few days.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
With Ladhams requesting a trade to Sydney, its going to be interesting to see how all those clubs make things work.

Sydney don't have a pick for Ladhams (12 too high, 31 probably too low) - though I don't really rate Ladhams, Port wouldn't accept that
Adelaide don't have the picks for Dawson.

Reckon there could be some bids for those picks between 14 and 20 coming in over the next few days.
Port are seriously taking a lend if they thing Ladhams is worth a 1st round pick. It's like Dodoro has taken over Port's list management

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Port are seriously taking a lend if they thing Ladhams is worth a 1st round pick. It's like Dodoro has taken over Port's list management

Yeah I agree. We got Nank at a similar age and IMO should be worth a similar amount. His stats in 2021 compared to Nanks 2021 (same age) are like chalk and cheese.

jack zoot

Tiger Cub
Dec 24, 2005
Reckon our first pick will be
Either Hobbs or Ward
Second pick,,maybe
Goater,,Chesser, Johnson
3 Second round picks
Hopefully bazzo or Williams,
Then knevitt and howes

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I wonder if Collingwood are still interested in trading pick 27 to Richmond now.

With Lipinski now taking another spot on Collingwoods list and pick 43 gone they now have 6 picks that earn points - 27, 36, 43, 46, 48, 55, 58 = 2,215 points. Not enough if North bid at pick 1 but unlikely they will now. So Daicos will probably be bid at pick 2. Collingwood need 2,014 points.

Was trying to work out how they plan to go in to the draft with 6 picks and not just be left with junk picks at the end for 5 players.

Looks like they have 32 signed on primary list, 4 on rookie and 1 cat B. 5 unsigned on primary & 2 unsigned on rookie = 7 players. Likely they wont sign these players at this stage.

Can have between 36 - 38 on primary list with max 44 players over all lists. So they will go to the draft with 32 primary, 4 rookie, 1 Cat B. Have 6 primary spots open before the ND. Match for Daicos at pick 2 by combining their first 5 picks for the needed 2,014, then use pick 58 and one other pick. So take 3 in the ND.

Would leave between 1 and 3 spots (36 to 38 players on primary) for the PSD on primary & also fill the rookie spots. Probably use those picks to re-sign some of the unsigned players.

Earliest Daicos will be bid on now i reckon is pick 2 = 2517 - (10% discount of 252 pts) = 2,265 to match

If they use all their current picks 27, 36,, 46, 48, 55 & 58 = 2,215

A deficit of only 50 points they could carry into next year.

Swapping 27 for our 38 & 40 would give them an additional 191 points equivalent to pick 57 but I reckon other clubs could and will offer them a better deal than than that, the most obvious is Geelong with picks 30, 32, 34, 41

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
I think Freo have done really well here. This could is the perfect back flanker/winger.

Geelong totally mismanaged him. Shaun Higgins/Issac Smith cost them Jordan Clark.
I would do that deal, good pick up. Clark can play and has absolutely been mismanaged. Way too many games as sub, lacked continuity and even when he did play well was shunted back to reserves to make way for a geriatric.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
When that pick blows out to a late twenties pick it won't look too great for Geelong, I take it you don't rate Clark?
Not a question of rating him, but with so little game time I can't see how Geelong can ask so much for him. At least Ladhams and others played senior footy consistently.