Trade talk 2019/20 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade talk 2019/20

Need to put that in context. He wont be wearing their jumper ever again, however, he will be accepting a salary from them each month :) So not completely done

Dogs could do worse than getting a good deal for Dunkley and then bringing in Treloar as a cheap replacement (2nd round pick and Pies will pay around 50% of his wage).

Reactions: 1 users
Surely this trade isn't with Ben Brown in mind.

Melbourne - In 43 and Brisbanes 2021 4th
Brisbane - In 53 and Melbournes 2021 3rd

Surely they won't be giving 43 for Brown?. I'd have thought he'd be worth their 2nd.

Surely this trade isn't with Ben Brown in mind.

Melbourne - In 43 and Brisbanes 2021 4th
Brisbane - In 53 and Melbournes 2021 3rd

Surely they won't be giving 43 for Brown?. I'd have thought he'd be worth their 2nd.
These are the sorts of trades I wish we got in on.

These are the sorts of trades I wish we got in on.

Seems to me very specific to get 10 spots higher in 2020 draft. Melbourne have earmarked Pick 43 for a trade it seems.

If you mean from a Brisbane POV, I get what you mean, but think Pick 56 will be used on MRJ this year so we won't be pushing it into next year.

The industry seriously over rates Saad. He is barely better than Markov. Pick 8 for Saad is a steal for the bombers.

Reactions: 15 users
Any movement on other Tigers?
Garthwaite has been mentioned in connection with Port Adelaide, which badly needs a defender who can play in a key position.
Rucks are also in short supply and if Chol were to be traded we could just about manage with Nankervis and Astbury Balta in support, until CJ and later Soldo and Calino become available.

No sure what story you are referring to? The club decided to withdraw our Women's VFL team from that comp, not even the AFLW team, just the 2s. That's correct; never the VFL men's.
Just to economise and save some $$ I would say, especially after being hit with a $100k Covid breach penalty.
Caro speculated on FC following the 100k fine that our vfl program was under threat

Any movement on other Tigers?
Garthwaite has been mentioned in connection with Port Adelaide, which badly needs a defender who can play in a key position.
Rucks are also in short supply and if Chol were to be traded we could just about manage with Nankervis and Astbury Balta in support, until CJ and later Soldo and Calino become available.
With soldo out I wouldn’t be trading chol , at a pinch maybe even keep Garth

Reactions: 1 user
The industry seriously over rates Saad. He is barely better than Markov. Pick 8 for Saad is a steal for the bombers.

Throw in Danihiar and Fantansia not bad for a team that has been vomit for the last 15 years.

Sheesh. You need some depth in players. Would have thought the injuries over the last 2 years make that clear. Still wondering who walks straight in on a wing or HBF if one of our flag team players cops a LTI now that Markov has departed.

There is something out of wack there. He knew he had to perform in the Brisbane game and that a final series and possible premiership game, was on offer.
But as in previous similar opportunities he just didn't get himself in a position where he could have an impact.
He possesses wonderful skills and I have been a big supporter but enough is enough.
Brisbane had a call on his services but chose to let him come to the Tigers.. Highly unlikely there is improvement there and any reasonable offer for Chol should be looked at.
CJ available from game 5. Until then and even in the absence of Nankervis,- Astbury, Balta, Miller if retained, even Broad offer better value.

Reactions: 4 users
100% they do. You can thank the Bomber talking heads for that. Bachar Houli is 5 x the player Sad is even with one good calf!

Someone made a good point the other day. How long until the media are always falling over themselves for Dimma like they do Clarkson. Like always predicting he will pull a rabbit out of the hat type move cause he is a magician. Much like when we played them in the 18 qualifying final they were predicting an upset win for the Hawks cause of the Clarko factor.
At least Dimma has made the transition from being referred to as an assistant under Supercoach so that's a step forward. BTW a reminder Ken Hinkley won coach of the year..:mhihi

1 AA player in a Premiership year for a team that’s won three out of four Premierships.
The media downgrading our players has a fair bit to do with it. They think we have nobody who can play outside of Dusty.
It's all about huge stats.

1 AA player in a Premiership year for a team that’s won three out of four Premierships.
The media downgrading our players has a fair bit to do with it. They think we have nobody who can play outside of Dusty.
Yep. Brisvegas, Geelol n Hawforn all had a raft of AA players during their premiership era's. Tigers get Dusty n sometimes the experts think about putting a couple of others in the squad of forty n we're supposed to feel grateful they've acknowledged us.

More than happy for the shiny, pretty, superstars to keep getting touched up by the media every year. We'll just keep banking flags playing chaos scrappy footy n giving them all ulcers while Dusty keeps on stoking up his finals reputation.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
If we could, huge if, I’d pay Treloar 600, Pies pick up the rest for the rest of the contract and they take our second.

Allows Dusty to roam forward more. Get Treloar the flag he never got at Collingwood. Redemption. And salt in the wound for Collingwood.

Reactions: 8 users
If we could, huge if, I’d pay Treloar 600, Pies pick up the rest for the rest of the contract and they take our second.

Allows Dusty to roam forward more. Get Treloar the flag he never got at Collingwood. Redemption. And salt in the wound for Collingwood.
It sounds good when you put it like that, but I reckon we need the space to pay our rising guns later. I think any cap space we find now should be used to bring forward Lynch and Martin’s payments so we aren’t hamstrung in 4-5 years’ time.

Reactions: 4 users

Very magnanimous of you ... and the club if it happened. Not sure his hamstrings are worth that sort of dosh. No more than $500k from me. That leaves more for the skunks to keep paying for the next 5 years too.

Reactions: 1 user