Trade talk 2019/20 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade talk 2019/20

Off to the Magpie Fans Forum tonight to see how happy they are losing 3 first 22 players for cap space.

Best ..................... :mhihi

Take a drink and sit back and watch them eat each other.
5 first rounders in a row have gone down the drain and they want sackings

Reactions: 1 user
And so they should, they got 2 first rounders for a mid

Kelly wasnt worth 2 first rounders and Cameron isn't worth 3 first rounders.
But clubs are desperate for success.
While we pick up guns in the rookie draft and use picks in the 20's on kids like Balta and Bolton.

Reactions: 2 users
Harry, its impossible for Collingwood to sign Degoey if Treloar & Stephenson stay unless it’s over the top heavily back ended, how do you think that would go down??....lol
Massive internal issues at the Pies...
I’m very hesitant to post this but what the heck, Got told last night that the Tigers and Bulldogs are up to something creative. Not specifically a deal between clubs but they are both being very quiet & coy, something might surprise tonight as minor or major it could be.
I take it this didn’t come to fruition?

Higgins deal effectively for a pick 20-25, pretty much overs imho

We now have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds next year,

Going from 21 to 17 could mean something big, or not much at all

In Blair we trust

Looks like round 1 swap with st Kilda which means we get 17. Great get.
What's so great about moving up four spaces in this years draft for Higlet, a first round pick with three years of quality development in him?? Half the kids haven't played their main development year of footy this year, so it's an absolute raffle. We couldn't even get a second round future pick to make it a half fair deal without coughing up a future fourth round top up to sweeten an already crap deal.

I’ve harped on about this before but selling the farm for 28 yr olds (Cameron is 28 on April Fools day) is stupid. Paying them $950K makes it even more stupid. Stats say 28 yr olds on average play 40 games for their new club.

Hail Mary stuff from the cats I cant wait for the down side of this ride for them its gonna be epic.

One thing is for sure Scott wont be the man leading them through the *smile* shower he's leading them to.

Reactions: 1 users
Finishing with votes in the 2018 AFL Rising Star award seems to have had some drawbacks.

Just read that 3 of the top 4 placegetters have been traded this trade period.

Stephenson - winner
Witherden - 3rd
Higgins - 4th

• Wow
Told ‘he needed to open up more’ by Buckley.
Figgy obviously never bothered to open up his caring father figure nature and explain these things to the young fella when it was pertinent n timely. Just gave him a dose of the old *smile* off ya useless annoying little prick instead.

• Sad
Smith, Bont, Macrae, Libba, Treloar and Dunkley are all gun on-ballers for the dogs but it will be interesting to see where they all play next year with hunter and Vandermeer being quality wingmen. Maybe Bont and Dunks can play predominately forward

What's so great about moving up four spaces in this years draft for Higlet, a first round pick with three years of quality development in him?? Half the kids haven't played their main development year of footy this year, so it's an absolute raffle. We couldn't even get a second round future pick to make it a half fair deal without coughing up a future fourth round top up to sweeten an already crap deal.

I wrote that as soon as I saw it and didn't think about it too much. On reflection I agree.

I understand the excuse that because we're a powerful Premiership club we are going to lose fringe players but that's no excuse to at least try and secure a good deal for them instead of these meek giveaways.

Hail Mary stuff from the cats I cant wait for the down side of this ride for them its gonna be epic.

One thing is for sure Scott wont be the man leading them through the *smile* shower he's leading them to.

If Cat's win a Premiership in the next 2 years nothing else matters it will be mission accomplished I am just relieved and stoked that the Giants matched, otherwise Cats would have blitzed their trades for the now and still had 3 1st round picks which would have been unbearable.

Reactions: 9 users
If Cat's win a Premiership in the next 2 years nothing else matters it will be mission accomplished I am just relieved and stoked that the Giants matched, otherwise Cats would have blitzed their trades for the now and still had 3 1st round picks which would have been unbearable.
Yep good point Caesar about the Giants forcing their hand.

They are all in the Cats thats for sure and somehow things may fall in a way to give them their shot at it ie Tigers have a shocker of a year or *smile* the bed but I don't think they will get it done.

This year was their best shot we were a key man down for the 3 1/2 quarters and we still steamrolled them.

They cant beat us on the G if we are in the mood and interested they are not fast enough or hard enough for long enough to beat us.

Considering we could have a fresh rejuvenated focussed and firing pairing in Rioli and Stack and we go to another level right there alone.