Trade talk 2019/20 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade talk 2019/20

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Tipping the 1st pick in the 3rd round we have from Gold Coast will come in pretty handy.

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Wouldn’t be surprised if the Eagles or Freo let Kelly walk into the draft. They’ll only need to spend one 1st instead of the 3 picks inside 30 Geelol want. Why should the Perth clubs bend over for them? He’s out of contract.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Wouldn’t be surprised if the Eagles or Freo let Kelly walk into the draft. They’ll only need to spend one 1st instead of the 3 picks inside 30 Geelol want. Why should the Perth clubs bend over for them? He’s out of contract.
I assume because if he went into the draft another side would/could draft him. I imagine the Suns would.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I assume because if he went into the draft another side would/could draft him. I imagine the Suns would.

Can the Suns really afford to recruit a player who most likely will want to leave in 12 months time?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I would you get him for free for a season and then trade home back to Western Australia for a good pick.

From a pure footy/trade decision yeah, but the Suns need to stop the bleed of players more than anything else.

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
Gil's tightly scripted PR blog reporting that the futures of up to nine (!!!) Crows are up in the air.

Greenwood, Keath, Jacobs, Ellis-Yolmen, Knight, Mackay, B Crouch, Jenkins and Betts.

Plus, Walker is contemplating what he wants to do with his footy.

Not to mention there is a player revolt over the appointment of Pav and Dunstall to the external review panel.

What a mess that place is.

With our (apparently) tight salary cap, it did get me wondering about one trade dynamic:

Surely there are players who want to escape toxic club cultures who would accept unders to play at a higher quality club?

For what it's worth, I don't think any of those Crows fill a glaring need at Tigerland.

Reactions: 1 users

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Gil's tightly scripted PR blog reporting that the futures of up to nine (!!!) Crows are up in the air.

Greenwood, Keath, Jacobs, Ellis-Yolmen, Knight, Mackay, B Crouch, Jenkins and Betts.

<snip>

Surely there are players who want to escape toxic club cultures who would accept unders to play at a higher quality club?

For what it's worth, I don't think any of those Crows fill a glaring need at Tigerland.

Reckon Keath looked pretty good down back for them.

Reactions: 1 user

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
I kinda like Keath K3 but it appears St Kilda & Dogs are into him.

Vic lad.

Ahhh cheers... Hopefully it's the Saints then, as the Dogs are looking scary enough as it is.

Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
It doesn’t stop other clubs trying or enquire.

To help the Suns they should be able to sign up their kids for 3 years to give them a chance .

I know it’s not a popular view but something needs to be done to build culture a sense of belonging and for the kids to get to the 50 game mark together to see there is a future.

I know the AFL is looking at a range of options as too much has been invested and so many early mistakes made when GC was set up.

Some have targeted Lynch but at least he gave them 8 years.

Reactions: 1 users