Trade talk 2019/20 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade talk 2019/20

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
We should chase an early pick and Melbourne’s pick, currently pick 2 is on the table. Our first rounder plus ? and ?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I suspect the Saints pick may be on the table too being as they will want to get back towards the end of the 1st round to get Hill. If Ellis ends up going to say the Suns (which I'd be considering if we won the flag as a couple of $100k per season is a hell of a lot to give up to play with mates) then Picks 18 and 19 might get that trade done.

The Giants will be trying to get into the top 5 for sure as they will want to get a pick before their academy kid. Picks 11 and 13 for pick 2 might be around the mark.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
trade players in our best 25 when we are having a crack at premierships?
ridiculous
we are in the window, with a stable and happy playing group, so lets keep them

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
And a thoroughly predictable response. But if you two Laughable and Ridiculous, wanted to secure pick 2 from Melbourne, what would you propose?

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I’d be grabbing a six pack of midgets from the bargain bin. Ours are all spoiled. Treat a midget kindly and look what happens...

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
And a thoroughly predictable response. But if you two Laughable and Ridiculous, wanted to secure pick 2 from Melbourne, what would you propose?

Melbourne will only be trading it to GWS as its the only pick they can guarantee won't get a bid on Greene. We have zero chance at Pick 2. The Saints pick is a possible but will likely end up pick 6 or even 7 anyway so may not be worth trading for it anyway.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
For a start, it will almost certainly be pick 3, as the AFL is 99% sure to give GC a priority pick. That takes the two clear best players out and means pick 3 is arguably as good as pick 10. So, I don't want it, and never suggested I did.

What you suggest is laughable and ridiculous because it would never happen. Houli and Caddy will not be traded. No chance. Trading four out that way would destroy the trust the players have in the footy department, and decimate a team trying to win a flag. Our blokes won't want to go there, and two of them are contracted. Even if they did, Short, Butler and Houli at his age aren't worth a lot. Caddy a pick maybe around 25. Would you swap pick 2 or 3 for picks 18, 25, 40, 50 and 60? If the guy at pick 2 was such a gun? Would you swap Josh Kelly or the Bont for those picks? As taz said, it's the kind of trade that only goes down inside the heads of supporters.

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
They get rid of Daisy and bring in a bloke that is finished. Only Carlton

Lol Carlton. They wouldn't pay him when he was in his prime so let him play his career best footy at Adelaide. Now they're bringing him back as a 33 year old many years past his best :rotfl2

But they retire Thomas who was in pretty good form:rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 users