Trade talk 2019/20 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade talk 2019/20

Lol Carlton. They wouldn't pay him when he was in his prime so let him play his career best footy at Adelaide. Now they're bringing him back as a 33 year old many years past his best :rotfl2

But they retire Thomas who was in pretty good form:rolleyes:

Its ironic too that it was because they recruited Thomas that they apparently couldn't then afford to offer Betts what Adelaide was going to.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Where do people see Callum Moore? I really like him as a player. It's a shame he got injured this year as i believe he would of got his chance.

I rate him better than Ryan Garthwaite. I would delist Ryan and keep Moore and draft a young key defender.

Chol does not do enough for me and I think the club now think Nank and Soldo are our best Ruck combination.

Reactions: 1 users
Lol Carlton. They wouldn't pay him when he was in his prime so let him play his career best footy at Adelaide. Now they're bringing him back as a 33 year old many years past his best :rotfl2

Only SOS.

By the way, does SOS stand for Stupid Or S *smile* t ? I can't remember.

Last edited:
Where do people see Callum Moore? I really like him as a player. It's a shame he got injured this year as i believe he would of got his chance.

I like him too, he hasn't had much luck with injuries. I've got a hunch that he might do ok as a defender, Rance is 30 this year and Grimes and Astbury are late 20's. I hope he stays.

Reactions: 1 users

I rate him better than Ryan Garthwaite. I would delist Ryan and keep Moore and draft a young key defender.

Chol does not do enough for me and I think the club now think Nank and Soldo are our best Ruck combination.

Needs to build his body up more.
IMO too skinny for AFL

Moneyball: Latest AFL trade and contract news
Jay Clark and Jon Ralph, Herald Sun

August 30, 2019 11:48am

Richmond star midfielder Shane Edwards will push the button on a contract extension for next season, taking him off the free agency market.
One of the most underrated prime movers in the competition would be an ideal target for Gold Coast for the same reasons the Suns are hunting Hawthorn great Shaun Burgoyne.

But premiership star Edwards, 30, has a verbal agreement in place to go on for up to two more seasons at Punt Rd, locking in one of the club’s favourite sons until the end of 2021.

Edwards’ deal will be formalised once the Tigers’ season wraps up and some other list management issues are sorted.
similars

While his free agency status has largely flown under the radar, there is no threat of the versatile Edwards leaving Richmond as the clubs look to capitalise on its premiership window.
All-Australian Bachar Houli is also in talks about a contract extension after a long wait this season.

Reactions: 5 users

There is a weird sliding doors thing happening with those two. They underpay Betts so they can overpay Thomas then sack Thomas so they can overpay Betts.

Weird is the word. And dumb.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
There is a weird sliding doors thing happening with those two. They underpay Betts so they can overpay Thomas then sack Thomas so they can overpay Betts.

Weird is the word. And dumb.
The word is "*smile* hilarious".

Reactions: 3 users
I hope, in time, he can be one of three mismatches from Hell, the other two being Balta and Chol.

Fast, tall, talented boys.

Versatile. Utilities. Swingmen.

Ideally I'd like to see two of them as our wingers.

The mismatch from Hell x 3.
Yep am a fan , looks to have more ability than Garth with pace and great hands . Would be surprised if he didn’t seek ops elsewhere as he just doesn’t t seem to be in right place at right time and realistically has too much ability to be denied senior chances

Reactions: 1 user
I’d “come home” for $900k a year too.

900k for Hill:rotfl1Then they wonder why they are so *smile*.
He isn’t worth more then 600.
First Carslie, then Hannebery Now Hill.
Bottom 4 will be very warm and cozy for the little saints

Reactions: 1 user
Will that club last another 7 years? Strange decision IMO.

I'm happy to cash in Bellis and McIntosh. We have Naish and Turner waiting in the wings. It will be interesting to see what we do with Menadue in that case

Not strange when you think that Gil came out and said he should stay. AFL ambassadorship right there plenty of money to stay that won't be covered in the cap. No Vic teams could match that sort of deal.