Trade Talk Radio 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Talk Radio 2023

Feb 25, 2007
Richmond are the favourites to land Melbourne’s James Harmes in the upcoming trade period according to Sam McClure.

New Richmond coach Aden Yze is a fan of Harmes, with Harmes also rating Yze highly.

• Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Richmond are the favourites to land Melbourne’s James Harmes in the upcoming trade period according to Sam McClure.

New Richmond coach Aden Yze is a fan of Harmes, with Harmes also rating Yze highly.
Ross and Dow towelled him up down at Casey this year, that's all I remember.
Can't say I am a huge fan of this idea - now this reminds me more of 1985 than the B and F last night..!

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’ve never been a big Harmes fan though I dont watch much of the Dees so I could be totally wrong , bottom line Ill back the Ooooozzzzz in with these decisions, I do however like the idea of bringing a mid with tagging ability , way too often we’ve let opposition mids run riot

Reactions: 6 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

Not having a ping at your highly worthwhile contribution Hirsute, but reality is that Sam Manure pulls out numerous "favourites" to land elsewhere at this time of year and most of the time it doesn't eventuate. This is also the guy who for the last couple of years has insisted that Dustin is off to Sydney or GC.

Maybe he'll get it right this time, but I wouldn't be holding my breath with this screaming dud-hack of a journo.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Feb 25, 2007
Not having a ping at your highly worthwhile contribution Hirsute, but reality is that Sam Manure pulls out numerous "favourites" to land elsewhere at this time of year and most of the time it doesn't eventuate. This is also the guy who for the last couple of years has insisted that Dustin is off to Sydney or GC.

Maybe he'll get it right this time, but I wouldn't be holding my breath with this screaming dud-hack of a journo.

cleary, maclure, browne the whole lot of them make up scopping stories but thought I'd start off the thread for Tarde Talk 2023 and let posters post what they like.

But there has been talk on harmes to Richmond so perhaps more true than not but we'll wait and see.

Feb 25, 2007
Ross and Dow towelled him up down at Casey this year, that's all I remember.
Can't say I am a huge fan of this idea - now this reminds me more of 1985 than the B and F last night..!

I like Dow and Ross played well on the wing this year. Not fussed either way but If Yze wants harmes at Punt Road, then in Yze we trust.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
cleary, maclure, browne the whole lot of them make up scopping stories but thought I'd start off the thread for Tarde Talk 2023 and let posters post what they like.

But there has been talk on harmes to Richmond so perhaps more true than not but we'll wait and see.
Hear ! Hear ! Hirsute you hairy bastad, you.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The Dogs fascinate me this year. Surely they go all in for a flag? Their list is on the verge of purgatory IMO.

Ages at the start of next year.

Jones (33), Libba (31), JJ (31), Lobb (31), Treloar (31). MacRae (29), Bontempelli (28), just to name a few.
I also think it was interesting to hear what Naughton's manager said. He said something like "he's committed to the Dogs next year", not just committed to the Dogs but added in the "next year", and Tim English is a FA next year. Both WC and Freo will come hard (very very hard for him). I can see Freo trading Darcy to Geelong (who could get him as a FA) for like a 2nd rounder, and picking up English to replace him. Would be a massive win for them.

Dogs time is now, I can't believe they aren't being linked to anyone to help fix that leaky defence of theirs. They won't be winning any premierships with that crap. Its why I'd suggested Vlastuin earlier in the year, but currently nothing. Reckon they are at that point that their list is going to be ripped apart from age and free agency and then they will need to rebuild through the Tasmania years as they've used all their draft picks the last few years on JUH, Darcy and this year Croft. Got some good talls, but if English leaves (no ruck) and no draft capital to draft any other position.

Reactions: 4 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
I like Dow and Ross played well on the wing this year. Not fussed either way but If Yze wants harmes at Punt Road, then in Yze we trust.
Agree trust Yze.
I just watched all that particular game at Casey, and Ross and Dow played in the midfield, as did Harmes. Harmes had little impact and our two smashed them. But I haven't seen enough of him either to know

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

I think the 1 thing most of us agreed on this year, it was our defensive workrate through our midfield. I wonder if thats what they are looking at Harmes for. From memory he is very fit and covers a heck of a lot of ground both ways, so could be a really important balance in our mid, with Cotch coming out (and doing less of that the last few years). Our hardest runners through our Premiership years were Lambert, Prestia, Cotch and Graham which allowed the dynamism of the GOAT and Shai to do their thing.

We still have Dion and Graham but both were down this year and we've added TT but we are still 1 down so maybe thats where Yze is thinking with Harmes.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015

l watched Harmes in the vfl ,and l don't get why we would want him ,he looks like all he does is lift weights all day,and moves like it too

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I think the 1 thing most of us agreed on this year, it was our defensive workrate through our midfield. I wonder if thats what they are looking at Harmes for. From memory he is very fit and covers a heck of a lot of ground both ways, so could be a really important balance in our mid, with Cotch coming out (and doing less of that the last few years). Our hardest runners through our Premiership years were Lambert, Prestia, Cotch and Graham which allowed the dynamism of the GOAT and Shai to do their thing.

We still have Dion and Graham but both were down this year and we've added TT but we are still 1 down so maybe thats where Yze is thinking with Harmes.
My fanatical Toorak mates reckon Harmes should have played in the finals. They reckon he’s one of, if not their best runner. He goes all day they reckon.

They were less complimentary about his kicking though and said between Harmes’ kicking and the already poor kicking efficiency they had as a team, they couldn’t fit him in.

The question is, can we given how poor our kicking is as well.

Reactions: 3 users
Feb 25, 2007
l watched Harmes in the vfl ,and l don't get why we would want him ,he looks like all he does is lift weights all day,and moves like it too

In 2021 (he played in their premiership), averaged in his 18 games, 21 disposals, 3 marks, and 5 tackles
This year played 9 games, ave 12 disposals, 1 mark, and 3 .5 tackles

He is a 2-way runner so guess that could be in Yze thinking of bringing him over.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
In 2021 (he played in their premiership), averaged in his 18 games, 21 disposals, 3 marks, and 5 tackles
This year played 9 games, ave 12 disposals, 1 mark, and 3 .5 tackles

He is a 2-way runner so guess that could be in Yze thinking of bringing him over.
Next Caddy for us?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
My fanatical Toorak mates reckon Harmes should have played in the finals. They reckon he’s one of, if not their best runner. He goes all day they reckon.

They were less complimentary about his kicking though and said between Harmes’ kicking and the already poor kicking efficiency they had as a team, they couldn’t fit him in.

The question is, can we given how poor our kicking is as well.

Its a fair question to ask, I guess it depends on how we will be coached. IMO the last 2 years we have rushed our kicks inside 50 from too deep, leading to shallow entries. We need fast ball movement (by hand - which is hopefully where Harmes comes in) to then get it out to our better kicks (on the wings) to deliver the ball inside 50 from further up the ground. Thats the hope anyway.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Trade Radio is just all click bait.

Nothing of real substance.

Harmes to the RFC? No.

Promote from within. We have youngsters that get pushed back in the queue if we recruit these types.

Give the youngsters a go! See what they got.

We might just get surprised!

Reactions: 6 users

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
It will end up being Blair’s decision. He manages the list. The coach just says what type of player he wants. I’m pretty sure we wont be looking for an average 28 y.o. If he had special attributes then maybe.
It’s pretty clear we try for youth first and then trade or pick up FA’s to fill specific positions. Have you noticed our youth policy in the VFL? Most games this year we had zero players over 24.
I may be wrong here but to me the plan is pretty clear. Harmes doesn’t fit the plan.

Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Its a fair question to ask, I guess it depends on how we will be coached. IMO the last 2 years we have rushed our kicks inside 50 from too deep, leading to shallow entries. We need fast ball movement (by hand - which is hopefully where Harmes comes in) to then get it out to our better kicks (on the wings) to deliver the ball inside 50 from further up the ground. Thats the hope anyway.
That’s the hope Posh!

I don’t know about Harmes.

Can he recapture that 21 form?

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
It will end up being Blair’s decision. He manages the list. The coach just says what type of player he wants. I’m pretty sure we wont be looking for an average 28 y.o. If he had special attributes then maybe.
It’s pretty clear we try for youth first and then trade or pick up FA’s to fill specific positions. Have you noticed our youth policy in the VFL? Most games this year we had zero players over 24.
I may be wrong here but to me the plan is pretty clear. Harmes doesn’t fit the plan.
We will find out I guess!