Trade Talk Radio 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Talk Radio 2023

Yes to Horse Teeth.

Since the departure of Lambert and Edwards, we have lacked gut runners between the arcs.

Reactions: 1 users
Richmond are the favourites to land Melbourne’s James Harmes in the upcoming trade period according to Sam McClure.

New Richmond coach Aden Yze is a fan of Harmes, with Harmes also rating Yze highly.
Then does that mean Harmes ends up at Geelong??
When has McClure ever been right??
By the way not sure we need him unless we are using him for his smile

• Haha
I’d wet myself if Oliver came to the tigers but my understanding is…. We have nothing in the sack to get that deal done

Our best bet is to steal him from his bed and put a dark colour rinse in his hair

• Haha
I’d wet myself if Oliver came to the tigers but my understanding is…. We have nothing in the sack to get that deal done

Our best bet is to steal him from his bed and put a dark colour rinse in his hair
Begrudgingly I would offer up Ralphsmith; sometimes you have to give a little to get something back.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Begrudgingly I would offer up Ralphsmith; sometimes you have to give a little to get something back.
Oh My God Reaction GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Ginger nuts has told Melbourne he wants out to the Crows.
He isn't worth a million a year and the contract expires 2030.
2 1st rounders + McAdam

Reactions: 1 user
Why do I have a feel that we may get a broken arrow in return for Soldo
Big Xav. Have heard Collingwood, Footscray and the Hawks are sniffing. Feels like he will go out as part of what they are trying to get in.

• Wow

Maybe get him a Oleg style tash to boot!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Can't blame Ivan really. Looking for a payrise & he probably beats up on Nank at training. We're in a tough spot given Toby is currently captain but Ivy is the best pure ruckman.
Nank wants to be the sole ruck too. Looking likely Ivan is headed elsewhere unless things evolve rapidly..
I’d love to keep both , , however I’d rather lose Nank purely because of age and the injuries he’s obtained due to his combative style of play . Not sure it’s a great thing to move on such a leader and popular player from the club when we have a fresh new coach , however if we are looking at our list fir 3 years time , Blair would be better moving on Nank in pure list management

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users
Can't blame Ivan really. Looking for a payrise & he probably beats up on Nank at training. We're in a tough spot given Toby is currently captain but Ivy is the best pure ruckman.
Nank wants to be the sole ruck too. Looking likely Ivan is headed elsewhere unless things evolve rapidly..
The hard call needs to be made with Nank. Soldo should be first ruck.

• Dislike
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
A real dilema.

The Pies won the flag playing Cameron and Cox. The Lions played just the one ruckmen. The Dees ended up choosing not to play Gawn and Grundy in the same side.
Cameron 5 goals from 19 games, Cox 17 from 19, Gawn 10 from 22, Nank 3 from 15 and Soldo 7 from 8 games.
Interestingly Grundy kicked 10 from 17 games.
The Dees defeated the Pies when he and Gawn both played, but lost the qualifying final against them when Gawn was the solo ruck.

Soldo could be a 20+ a year goal kicker. I wonder what Adem's thoughts are on playing two genuine rucks.? With a tweak to our game style can we play both Nank and Soldo?

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
With Soldo just about out the door, the attention now turns to what we get in return. Port literally have no picks. Talk is they are throwing up Dursma or Sinn as part of the trade.

Then what do we do about our ruck depth. Long term Ryan will be our number 1 ruck post Nank. But what do we do in the short term? Do we look for a stop gap from the State Leagues?

Why do I have a feel that we may get a broken arrow in return for Soldo

Thats the word on the street, and as much as we have bagged Duursma for his bow and arrow
😂
he's a former pick 18 and 23 years old.
Yze likes runners so this could be in his thinking as Macca and Pickett are towards the end of their careers.