Trade Talk Radio 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Talk Radio 2023

If Soldo goes to Port we should be aiming for a tall for a tall. I don't like Duursma, 33 goals from 73 is poor at best.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
Soldo is contracted.

PA have no picks that would satisfy me.

We can’t just give players up for peanuts and be a nice club to deal with.

Reactions: 7 users
Think I would rather Harmes than Duursma. And I don't particularly want Harmes

• Dislike
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
The only good thing Duursma has done is drop that chest mark in the 2020 Prelim. No thanks.

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 5 users
If Soldo goes to Port we should be aiming for a tall for a tall. I don't like Duursma, 33 goals from 73 is poor at best.
He is a wingman , not exactly meant to be a goal kicking machine

I actually think he would be an upgrade on our current wings

Reactions: 1 user
Duursma is soft and makes alot of errors. Actually surprised Hinkley played him during the finals.

Reactions: 1 users
Air N signed I just heard for 8 years. Extension.

That’s what you get to keep a player who other clubs are chasing , especially from WA.

But what heard now on SEN was Sydney came hard, with a 10 year offer on the table.

Just on the Dogs, The Bont won his 5th B & F in 10 years.

Port should be feeling an equal amount of discomfort to us i recon. 1 x young tall or a future first with a third back.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
A real dilema.

The Pies won the flag playing Cameron and Cox. The Lions played just the one ruckmen. The Dees ended up choosing not to play Gawn and Grundy in the same side.
Cameron 5 goals from 19 games, Cox 17 from 19, Gawn 10 from 22, Nank 3 from 15 and Soldo 7 from 8 games.
Interestingly Grundy kicked 10 from 17 games.
The Dees defeated the Pies when he and Gawn both played, but lost the qualifying final against them when Gawn was the solo ruck.

Soldo could be a 20+ a year goal kicker. I wonder what Adem's thoughts are on playing two genuine rucks.? With a tweak to our game style can we play both Nank and Soldo?
Good points here Tigerman.

Lots of unknowns at the moment:
1. The Melb match committee ultimately were anti-Grundy. Not sure if Yze was also anti-Grundy or was out voted.
2. Ivan may or may not request a trade...at this stage he hasn't...I think?
3. Does Yze plan on Rucking Balta (hope not) and Jacob Koschitzke?
4. How does Ivan, Nank, Sampson Ryan, Bauer, Cumberland, Lynch, Koschitzke and Dustin all fit? Yes, likely there will be injuries but if all available they don't all fit. I think most of us would be disappointed if Ryan, Bauer and Cumberland play most of the season in the VFL.

Yes, a real dilemma.

I wonder what Duursma will have to say to Tom Lynch if he does come across. I remember those antics in the 2020 PF.

• Haha
  • Wow
So we trade a key position player for a flanker?
Have we just gone back 20 years in time?

Reactions: 3 users
It's a tough one. Ivan deserves a crack at first ruck. But our captain is our first ruck. And Samson has to play next year (will demand it through performance). I'd keep Soldo in favour of Nank purely because I think Nank's on the decline and doesn't have long left but I can't see it happening. Not sure Nank would have many suitors.

The club will reason that Nank can get through at least next year, and by 2025 Samson will be ready to at least share the ruck mantle, if not take it over. By that reasoning trading Soldo would make sense by improving the list in another area or bettering our draft hand.

Last edited:
Can't blame Ivan really. Looking for a payrise & he probably beats up on Nank at training. We're in a tough spot given Toby is currently captain but Ivy is the best pure ruckman.
Nank wants to be the sole ruck too. Looking likely Ivan is headed elsewhere unless things evolve rapidly..
You could reSolve it in 1 minute.
'Sorry Nakas if big Soldo is fully fit next year you will be playing behind him'
'By the way your not captain anymore'.
Done!
It's a football club not Kinda.
If we lose Soldo for a 3rd rounder or for the bow & Arrow. It would be one of the many bad list management decisions they have made since 2017.
I won't be happy.

Reactions: 8 users
I
With Soldo just about out the door, the attention now turns to what we get in return. Port literally have no picks. Talk is they are throwing up Dursma or Sinn as part of the trade.

Then what do we do about our ruck depth. Long term Ryan will be our number 1 ruck post Nank. But what do we do in the short term? Do we look for a stop gap from the State Leagues?
If we get Sinn it will be on par with Shultz for the Tim Fleming lookalike in Farmer

Reactions: 1 user