Trade Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Thread

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
A fully fit Tom Lynch
A fully fit Jack R
A returning Alex Rance

We will be unstoppable.

plus a fully fit Sydney Stack,

Marlion Pickett 2nd up,

and a smokey like Criminal Jones taking the football world by storm.

and thats all before we even dare to dream about what we'll pull off this draft.

Its quite possible we take a Ukranian chess master for free under a yet to be created rookie category, Mr's H tries her hand at boorcht, and he wins the Brownlow after never leaving the interchange bench.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Media circle jerk happening over Kelly to West Coast. David King absolutely pulling himself. Has basically declared them premiers next year. Can not hide his delight that there is someone, in his opinion, that can knock of Richmond.

Bring it bitches!!
Guess who Gerard picked?:eyes (I am really missing the old Pre eye roll mr t, it is my favourite emotecon of all time - please revive)

Reactions: 3 users

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
Yep the Suns stuffed it up big time. Compare that to who the Giants picked. The Giants got an infinitely better list of young players.

Wasn't Scott Clayton in charge of recruiting for the Suns? The most overrated recruiter ever.
Pretty remarkable the differences in the 17 year olds they recruited - GWS got Cameron, Shiel and Treloar, who could all be considered elite, plus Wilson and Hombsch, who’ve both had steady careers. On the other hand Gold Coast’s best performers of their 12 are probably Brandon Matera (who was traded for, what a third round pick (?) last year) and Alex Keath, who spent some time away from the game.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Birchall to Brisbane. How many more? C'mon media morons, there's your new 2020 premiership favourite...

GRANT Birchall will chase a fifth flag at Brisbane in 2020, agreeing to a free agency move that will bring an end to his illustrious 248-game career with Hawthorn.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Did I hear right that Adelaide want a 2nd round pick for Greenwood? The same Greenwood that was dropped multiple times this year and isn't in their best 22. Geez they are full of themselves to think that a 2nd stringer from an 11th placed team should get anywhere near a 2nd. Maybe we should be asking for a first for Butler then, at least he's won a premiership.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Good to hear the Grodie Bundy deal and the Fantasyland trade is still in limbo.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Did I hear right that Adelaide want a 2nd round pick for Greenwood? The same Greenwood that was dropped multiple times this year and isn't in their best 22. Geez they are full of themselves to think that a 2nd stringer from an 11th placed team should get anywhere near a 2nd. Maybe we should be asking for a first for Butler then, at least he's won a premiership.
GC17 should just tell the Crows to *smile* off. They can get him for nothing in the PSD.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Birchall to Brisbane. How many more? C'mon media morons, there's your new 2020 premiership favourite...

GRANT Birchall will chase a fifth flag at Brisbane in 2020, agreeing to a free agency move that will bring an end to his illustrious 248-game career with Hawthorn.

Yeah right.
They will never get a better opportunity to make a GF like this year.
6-0
6-0...

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
AFL reporters are like the new age Weathermen who sell the weather with their FRANKEN-storms and RECORD breaking blah blah!

In the end its just another trade and predicting its worth is just a stab in the dark.

It stil won't stop them from calling newly formed midfields the BEST EVER and blurting a different premiership favourite every day of trade period.

All the while we have Pickett, Stack and Ross to come in. Martin will be spending more time up forward terrorising defences along with Riewoldt and Lynch. We will be near unstoppable!!!

We will also have the best backline in the business getting its grand poobah back making us even more impregnable!!!

We could argue that we are the real FRANKEN-team and beating us will be near impossible but time for hush and letting the other teams have their little moment in the sun before the real season starts and reality hits hard.

Oh how sweet it will be.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I reckon there's a nice irony to Geelong getting Dangerfield because he missed his mum's roast parsnip,

and Kelly getting dragged home by the ear by his misses.

Its just a shame that WC dealt them a pair of Aces.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
AFL reporters are like the new age Weathermen who sell the weather with their FRANKEN-storms and RECORD breaking blah blah!

In the end its just another trade and predicting its worth is just a stab in the dark.

It stil won't stop them from calling newly formed midfields the BEST EVER and blurting a different premiership favourite every day of trade period.

All the while we have Pickett, Stack and Ross to come in. Martin will be spending more time up forward terrorising defences along with Riewoldt and Lynch. We will be near unstoppable!!!

We will also have the best backline in the business getting its grand poobah back making us even more impregnable!!!

We could argue that we are the real FRANKEN-team and beating us will be near impossible but time for hush and letting the other teams have their little moment in the sun before the real season starts and reality hits hard.

Oh how sweet it will be.

This is a great point. We have enough midfield grunt, esp with Ross, Stack, RCD and Pickett in the equation,

Lynch, Riewoldt and Martin all playing forward of centre is a scary proposition.

I have always considered Martin to be the nearest thing to Leigh Matthews in 40 years. He will make a very dangerous old-school full forward.

Lynch/Riewoldt/Martin v Dunstall/Brereton/Matthews.

That second mob played in a lot of Grand Finals.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
What are Sydney thinking with Picks 5+9 for Daniher? I know they went all ape *smile* and spent 10 million dollars on Buddy Franklin and didnt win a granny but this is a bit of a reach is it not?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I have always considered Martin to be the nearest thing to Leigh Matthews in 40 years. He will make a very dangerous old-school full forward.

If Dusty goes as long as Lethal, that gives us another 5 seasons premierships

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
GWS have swapped their 12 & 18 for Saint’s 6. Wouldn’t be surprised if they now did some ludicrous trade with Melbourne or Adelaide so they can get Tom Green and another top five talent (Serong?), like they did to lamd Taranto. Will probably be next year’s first or perhaps Bonar (if it’s Melbourne) to move up two or three places in the draft.

• Angry

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
GWS have swapped their 12 & 18 for Saint’s 6. Wouldn’t be surprised if they now did some ludicrous trade with Melbourne or Adelaide so they can get Tom Green and another top five talent (Serong?), like they did to lamd Taranto. Will probably be next year’s first or perhaps Bonar (if it’s Melbourne) to move up two or three places in the draft.

The problem the Giants have is the only other pick they have in 2019 is Pick 40, then its down to 59 and 60 which won't be anywhere near enough points to grab Green.

I wonder if we'd get involved to trade them picks 38 and 39 and take their 1st next year.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Zero as a trio though, our boys already ahead.

I just looked it up, they played as a trio in 85, which the Hawks lost.

Funny, my memory tells me that they played together quite a bit, but they didn’t, really only in 85, the only year that Dunstall and Matthews played together.

Not to worry, Tigers 1- Hawks 0.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
This is a great point. We have enough midfield grunt, esp with Ross, Stack, RCD and Pickett in the equation,

Lynch, Riewoldt and Martin all playing forward of centre is a scary proposition.

I'm with you 70..... he's starting to look more like Lethal every year
Goals 4, 5 and 6 minus the dribble are Matthews all over.... mannerisms ang gait.
Leigh did look a little more waddler like tho;)

• Love

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
He has five years to run on his contract.

It's entirely possible he ends up with 10 medals in his sock drawer.

Imagine?

Dustin Martin, 5 premierships, 3 norm smiths, 2 brownlows.

Would make Lethal look like Mitch Moreton

• Haha