Trade Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Thread

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I’m not completely around this issue. So have St Kilda called Freos bluff by trading 6 to GWS?
In that now Freos best pick will now be 12? (If/when this trade gets done)

Yes they have and that potentially screws Freo as they have an NGA kid (Liam Henry) that could be bid on around Pick 10, so 6 would have been taken before him as would their current 7, but 12 could be swallowed up in matching for him.

Reactions: 1 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I hear Geelong have an interest in Brad Crouch now. Not sure what they have to get him as they have to use their 1st round pick in the draft this year -the one they got for Kelly.

Didn’t he just re commit tigerlee I heard yesterday?

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
I reckon all the details are sewn up by September and the news get released : one every day by afl.com during free agent and trade periods.

Straight after the GF.
that way the afl keeps its code front and square sucking up all the media.
It takes a break after the draft and then pre-season kicks off.

all the players know what’s happening. The clubs and player agents are all acting their parts.

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Did anyone see this article?

Geelong tried ‘absolutely everything’ to keep Tim Kelly — including asking the AFL for help
'
Geelong tried ‘absolutely everything’ to keep star midfielder Tim Kelly, including pitching to the AFL for extra assistance outside the salary cap.

Kelly finally had his wish granted on Wednesday when Geelong traded him to West Coast in a deal that sent Picks 14, 24, 37 and a future first-round pick to the Cats in exchange for the 25-year-old, Pick 57 and a future third-round selection.

Cats CEO Brian Cook, who signed a contract extension on Wednesday that ties him to Kardinia Park until the end of 2021, has revealed the club asked the AFL for money to help support the Kelly family, who have two young children with autism.

• Haha

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Geelong wanted to pay a portion of Kelly's contract outside of their cap because he had special need children.
Has this ever happened before?

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Did anyone see this article?

Geelong tried ‘absolutely everything’ to keep Tim Kelly — including asking the AFL for help
'
Geelong tried ‘absolutely everything’ to keep star midfielder Tim Kelly, including pitching to the AFL for extra assistance outside the salary cap.

Kelly finally had his wish granted on Wednesday when Geelong traded him to West Coast in a deal that sent Picks 14, 24, 37 and a future first-round pick to the Cats in exchange for the 25-year-old, Pick 57 and a future third-round selection.

Cats CEO Brian Cook, who signed a contract extension on Wednesday that ties him to Kardinia Park until the end of 2021, has revealed the club asked the AFL for money to help support the Kelly family, who have two young children with autism.

Yeah, thought that was 'interesting ' to say the least when I read it.

Turn right at Gilligans office and find the door to 'Shifty Deals Done Here'
Turn left for the 'Stop Richmond' section!

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
How's Dodoro saying Esserdern can't replace Joe Daniher looking at this draft..
Pretty sure anyone of them who can get on the park would be of more value than Daniher who's barely played for 2 years!
:bash

Stick to your guns Sydney.

Reactions: 3 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Considering all the players 'wanting' to go to Uselessbourne, how do they deal with the salary cap restrictions?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I don't believe "as much Roquefort cheese as you can eat" is covered by the salary cap...
:mhihi Amazing how Uselessbourne amazingly seems to attract so many players considering how sh!t they are. It's all for the money.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Geelong wanted to pay a portion of Kelly's contract outside of their cap because he had special need children.

Geelong alumni run the AFL. Of course they would ask for special favours.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I am still hoping to get up the draft order some how. We seem to be taking our usual steady path in this trade period which will probably involve cashing in on last minute action.

What do you all think about trading kmac? I think Pickett will be first in line for Ellis’ spot and we have some great depth in that area. I’d be happy to trade both kmac and menadue

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Now that Ellis is gone I believe we should keep at least one of Kmac and Menadue.

Kmac the more versatile choice plus he is contracted.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

No harm in asking. Better case than Essendon wanting to pay Lloyd and others $50K for the rights to use their names as internet domains.