Trade Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Thread

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
West Coast is in the window and you would trade away the farm every day of the week if it gets you another premiership.

But i agree Geelong's window has all but closed :D

West Cones can recover quickly with the access they have to hidden talent over in the West, losing Rioli is going to hurt them though and Kennedy is nearly done as is Schofield and Nic Nat is a time bomb that can go down at any given time..

Geelong are nigh on done and are hanging on by a thread, their home ground advantage glosses over their actual position and creates a false sense of security and success which has kept being found out in September of recent times.

Long may they overestimate themselves before the cliff comes and its coming, the Cats need to continue with a rebuild with all these picks they are about to pile up, they may also try to get some quality traded in if they can, if they get it wrong theyll be damaged for a while when Gazza, Hazza, and Ducka, follow Kelly and possibly Menegola out the door.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
My (morbid) interest is what Collonwood does when Pendles, Sidebottom, Beams finish being "elite" and if Grundy goes (which looks highly doubtful now) they will have quite a bit of coin to poach someone.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
My (morbid) interest is what Collonwood does when Pendles, Sidebottom, Beams finish being "elite" and if Grundy goes (which looks highly doubtful now) they will have quite a bit of coin to poach someone.

I dunno about Grundy, I reckon he's a pretty smart fella and if he waits until the end of next season and if they haven't won it and his assessment is they're shot.... I think he walks to the highest bidder still in the window.
Things might get pretty ugly very quickly @the pies if that happens. It would be lovely if we were responsible for their demise!

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
GWS have swapped their 12 & 18 for Saint’s 6. Wouldn’t be surprised if they now did some ludicrous trade with Melbourne or Adelaide so they can get Tom Green and another top five talent (Serong?), like they did to lamd Taranto. Will probably be next year’s first or perhaps Bonar (if it’s Melbourne) to move up two or three places in the draft.

Makes you sick that GWS got such a leg up in the first place that they can continually orchestrate top 10 picks year after year, not to mention their academy regularly produces 1st round prospects where they can use the points system to advantage, as mentioned likely to end up with two top 10 draft picks again.

The 89 point whopping makes me feel a little better :)

Reactions: 6 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
It's entirely possible he ends up with 10 medals in his sock drawer.

Imagine?

Dustin Martin, 5 premierships, 3 norm smiths, 2 brownlows.

Would make Lethal look like Mitch Moreton

The last thing Lethal Leigh looked like was Mitch Moreton, just ask Neville Bruns

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Pies should commission Konrad Marshall to write a book on RFC drafting and trading

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
It's entirely possible he ends up with 10 medals in his sock drawer.

Imagine?

Dustin Martin, 5 premierships, 3 norm smiths, 2 brownlows.

Would make Lethal look like Mitch Moreton
Would be the goat if he managed that

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I just looked it up, they played as a trio in 85, which the Hawks lost.

Funny, my memory tells me that they played together quite a bit, but they didn’t, really only in 85, the only year that Dunstall and Matthews played together.

Not to worry, Tigers 1- Hawks 0.
There you go, I didn't think Dunstall was in the 85 team.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
I'm with you 70..... he's starting to look more like Lethal every year
Goals 4, 5 and 6 minus the dribble are Matthews all over.... mannerisms ang gait.
Leigh did look a little more waddler like tho;)

Thats a nice idea for a little project. Compare footage as to how alike Dusty is to Matthews and Riccuito.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
What are Sydney thinking with Picks 5+9 for Daniher? I know they went all ape **** and spent 10 million dollars on Buddy Franklin and didnt win a granny but this is a bit of a reach is it not?

They are going with a forward line of 'LAND OF THE GIANTS"

• Haha

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
They are going with a forward line of 'LAND OF THE GIANTS"

Had this chat the other day with a good friend who is a Sydney fan.

He reckoned it was as much about attracting a marquee player they can sell to the fans as it was anything else.

We talked about Reid, Blakey, McCartin, Franklin and Daniher in the one side, not to mention Naismith, Sinclair and Allir in other parts of the ground. My friend reckons Daniher replaces Reid in their best side, or Reid plays somewhere up the ground.

Still, it looks like a bloody tall team to me. But will they ever all be fit at the same time? :rotfl2

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
*snip*

Still, it looks like a bloody tall team to me. But will they ever all be fit at the same time? :rotfl2
That's the bugger for Sydney.

If they do get Daniher then assuming he is only match fit for 50% of games, and Franklin the same then for any one game there is a 25% chance BOTH will be fit, a 25% change BOTH will not play and 50% chance only one of them plays. So a 75% chance that they are not getting value for the money/picks paid for both Franklin and Daniher.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
That's the bugger for Sydney.

If they do get Daniher then assuming he is only match fit for 50% of games, and Franklin the same then for any one game there is a 25% chance BOTH will be fit, a 25% change BOTH will not play and 50% chance only one of them plays. So a 75% chance that they are not getting value for the money/picks paid for both Franklin and Daniher.

Are you planning the Probability chapter of a High School Maths textbook?

• Haha

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Boring !

Are we gonna do anything this trade period?

Geez

tigerlee

Tiger Champion
Sep 24, 2005
Melbourne
I hear Geelong have an interest in Brad Crouch now. Not sure what they have to get him as they have to use their 1st round pick in the draft this year -the one they got for Kelly.

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
The problem the Giants have is the only other pick they have in 2019 is Pick 40, then its down to 59 and 60 which won't be anywhere near enough points to grab Green.

I wonder if we'd get involved to trade them picks 38 and 39 and take their 1st next year.
Would love to do that trade, but I reckon the Giants will get their points elsewhere - they’ll get a pick for Patton (maybe Hawks’ 30), plus perhaps a pick in the 20’s for Bonnar. They’ve also just got so many first round picks, that they can always trade out one that hasn’t done much yet (eg Cummings) and they’ll still get a reasonable pick back.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Freo have actually lost their minds. They apparently asked for Pick 6, the Saints 1st next year and their 3rd this year. Crazy town.

Saints apparently offered Pick 6 and their 2nd next year which IMO is easily fair for Brad Hill, possibly even a touch overs and I assume that's what the Saints thought and therefore thought it would get it done.

Strange of Freo to knock that back, and guess what, that offer is now impossible.

That offer I'm pretty sure would have valued Hill at around the same, if not higher, than what Kelly got Geelong. I know he's still contracted but that's quite some premium.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Freo have actually lost their minds. They apparently asked for Pick 6, the Saints 1st next year and their 3rd this year. Crazy town.

Saints apparently offered Pick 6 and their 2nd next year which IMO is easily fair for Brad Hill, possibly even a touch overs and I assume that's what the Saints thought and therefore thought it would get it done.

Strange of Freo to knock that back, and guess what, that offer is now impossible.

That offer I'm pretty sure would have valued Hill at around the same, if not higher, than what Kelly got Geelong. I know he's still contracted but that's quite some premium.
I’m not completely around this issue. So have St Kilda called Freos bluff by trading 6 to GWS?
In that now Freos best pick will now be 12? (If/when this trade gets done)