Trade with Bulldogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade with Bulldogs

YeahNah

Attitude + Expectation = Culture
Dec 19, 2002
Upper Yarra Valley
You rarely get quality without giving up quality, and when you do, it's usually a long shot that comes off. Should we trade Hall? Only if the trade is right. We can use him for depth for at least another year. A suitable trade would be good, but I don't think he's in too much danger of being delisted.
Brad Ottens being traded would certainly bring at least 1 very high quality player. We'd certainly miss him, and it would be a risk. I expect we'd only trade him if the writting was on the wall that it was only a matter of time before he left anyway. If that was the case, much better to trade him while he's under contract. It improves our bargaining position substancially.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
tiga said:
Hate to say it RR but I don't think the Bulldogs would even be willing to swap their stud cleaner for Pettifer.
He currently has the market value of a 92 Hyundai excel ;D

I am basing the Pettifer/Pat Bowden on the fact that Chris Bond is a big rap for Kayne and has been mentioned before that he is played out of position with Coburg and Richmond.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Actually I take that back. I'd go for Brogan and Josh Carr/Roger James for Ottens and a 3rd round pick.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Rampaging Richo said:
[I am basing the Pettifer/Pat Bowden on the fact that Chris Bond is a big rap for Kayne and has been mentioned before that he is played out of position with Coburg and Richmond.

SOLD!! In fact you can have him for free Bondy, ha. ;D

Rampaging_Richo

Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
rosy3 said:
SOLD!! In fact you can have him for free Bondy, ha. ;D

;D ;D

People, what about Trent Croad ??? A big risk with huge money but when played in the correct position - back line running forward he has played some good footy.

Please don't abuse me, just give me your thoughts :D

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Actually I think the position Bondy has in mind for Pettifer is to be Nappy monitor at the new Kindie he's going to open. ;D

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
RR, I don't have a great deal of time for Croad. He's the kind of player who needs to be constantly motivated by others around him. He needs to get mentally tougher and hungrier before I'd look at him. We need players who want the footy at all costs like KB and the flea and that's where I think Nick Stevens, Josh Carr or Brent Guerra would be very handy

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
RR - In one word NO. We already have too many dumb footballers, who are soft, lack motivation and go missing too often.
Stay well clear.

P

PuntRoadRoar

I think if we were to lose Ottens (home sickness) then we most definately would need Stevens and one of their promising young ruckman/tall kids.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
shawry said:
We really should make a big trade with the Bulldogs involving the #1 draft pick. I ahve seen Adam Cooney play for West Adelaide and he is a star and just what our midfield needs. He is hard at it like Cogs nad can finish. Utter class, we need that player and should make an attempt to get him somehow.

Hopefully not true aobut Ottens.

Yes shawry - this is what we need to aim for. I say give richo and bowden to the bulldogs for the no. pick and a lower round pick. This Cooney looks good.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
PuntRoadRoar said:
I think if we were to lose Ottens (home sickness) then we most definately would need Stevens and one of their promising young ruckman/tall kids.

I'd be happy for a swap of Ottens for Stevens and their first pick (no. 13-17). We just need to accumulate as many high picks as possible.

P

PuntRoadRoar

yes i agree with that option aswell harry.

RFC cannot afford to pay players bucket loads of cash to stay anymore, If they want to leave then so be it. The RFC just need to make sure we get TALENT in return.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
The golden rule of trading - don't swap talls for smalls. We don't have enough talls on our list as it is.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
We have a good core and we can afford to lose 2 or 3 of our more marketable players such as - Ottens, Richo, Bowden, Hall, Fiora, Holland, Hilton, Gaspar. We played better earlier on in the season without Holland, Richo, and Ottens, and Bowden, Fiora, Hilton, Gaspar and Hall are dipsensible. We should be throwing these players at the bulldogs for the first pick plus we also need to get a couple of other first round picks.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Yeah, agree MT. Would only be interested if Brogan was part of the deal. I'd prefer Carr or James over Stevens, purely on toughness.

Port Adelaide's running game is great for home and away, but that's why they have failed in finals, they just can't keep it up in the frenetic finals pace at the end of long season. Stevens is a great runner, but he's gonna run out of gas when it counts. That's why I think Frawley is on the right track with his defensive game plan. Take a look at the premiers for the past umpteenth seasons — not overly terrific running sides, but jeez they've been tough and hard at the clearances, very solid in defence and could always play 120 minutes of finals football. That's the kind of team I'd like to see us build, not a flock of seagulls like Port or Freo. That will ultimately fail in September. Give me winning ugly on the last day in September over losing pretty in straight sets.

Rampaging_Richo

Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Dean3, you make some good points, however Port will never let Carr go.

And one more, Port's failures in the finals IMO has been that they move away from the style of play that gets them to the finals and start chipping the ball around, rather than moving the ball quickly thru the middle and having their forward one out.

As for our style of play, we seem to have no clear way of scoring goals as we stuff around with the ball so much due to lack of guys with skills or the preparedness to run and create.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Dean3 said:
That's the kind of team I'd like to see us build, not a flock of seagulls like Port or Freo. That will ultimately fail in September.

You forgot brisbane.