Training For 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For 2023

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Draftees in the house!! :cool:

Jack's the man :love:
1670204419732.png

Kaleb Smith
1670204466642.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
He's back smiling, great to see :D Beware the rest of the league, next year is looking massive!! :eyes

1670205468333.png

1670205572655.png

1670205632030.png

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
And then bloody Short ups the ante that has him carrying TWO PAIRS!!!

I'm changing the number on my duffle coat ASAP! :D

I know how I'm rocking up to game one at the G next year, wearing my work boots and carrying my casual shoes!! :cool:

Who needs a bag when you can walk around with extra shoes - You can put your keys, wallet, mobile phone all inside the boots. Up there for thinking man!! ;)

1670206509244.png

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Sly attempt to throw the footy into someone's nuts by the King at the end. Always a classic. :ROFLMAO:
From Juniors look back too, it seems it may have led to a man down scenario occurring. If only Caesar was there to give us our lowdown..........................................

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Taranto beating K-Mac in time trails is not something I saw coming.

Further evidence of why we took him ahead of cheaper options.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Something similar probably happened around this pic, Bak's is absolutely luvving whatever happened, lol :LOL:

View attachment 17605
JR8 doesn't seem too impressed in that angle. Looks like Dusty snapped his undies or something

But it's all in the viewers perception. I'm sure Sam McClure sees this photo and thinks "Dusty looks disengaged. Looks like he doesn't want to be there. Must be about to sign with <Insert Interstate Club name>"

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
RICHMOND boss Brendon Gale expects to see superstar Dustin Martin back at his brilliant best next year as the Tigers seek to atone for an "uncharacteristic" campaign.

Martin managed just nine games last season as an inconsistent Richmond clawed its way into the finals, only to be eliminated in week one.

The Tigers have loaded up again for 2023, with the acquisition of boom recruits Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper laying bare their premiership ambition.

And a fit-again Martin is crucial to the plan.

The 31-year-old joined his teammates for pre-season training at Punt Road on Monday, eager to build a strong platform over summer.

"He's an impeccably well prepared athlete," Richmond CEO Gale said.

pX7bv6U5.jpg

Dustin Martin and Jack Riewoldt at Richmond training on December 5, 2022. Picture: AFL Photos
"A lot of people probably wouldn't get that impression, but he is. He's really finely tuned and he's really, really proud.

"He's played at a very, very high level for a long time and that's not going to continue forever, but he's still got a very, very important role to play at our football club.

"He's well supported and we expect him to respond this year."

INS AND OUTS Every club's full list changes ahead of 2023

Martin has been through a turbulent 18 months on and off the field.

His father Shane died last December and the superstar went through a lengthy rehabilitation from a lacerated kidney, which ended his 2021 season early.

Martin spent six weeks' personal leave away from Richmond early last season and missed another seven games while sidelined by hamstring injuries at the end of the home and away campaign.

16RiWC22DT911197772.JPG

Richmond's Dustin Martin sits on the bench against West Coast in R16, 2022. Picture: Getty Images
Post-season speculation the Tigers' talisman would leave the club with two years left on his contract was ultimately put to bed.

"He had a really tough year, coming back from a fairly significant injury to start with, and the tragic loss of his father," Gale said.

EYE ON THE FUTURE 10 draft prospects to watch in 2023

"He's been training pretty hard, he's been away up north, and he's been doing a fair bit of boxing away from the club.

"He's a proud athlete and he's a proud man and he'll look forward to getting back in the swing of things, that's for sure."

Gale also said coach Damien Hardwick has a fire in his belly for 2023 after the heartbreaking elimination final defeat to Brisbane in September.

E2BrRi22CHP965117674.JPG

Damien Hardwick during the 2022 elimination final between Richmond and Brisbane. Picture: AFL Photos
Richmond won its last four home and away games to secure a top-eight spot but was knocked out in a pulsating two-point loss at the Gabba.

"(Hardwick) probably wasn't that enthusiastic about the way we finished up last year," Gale said.

"It was an uncharacteristic year and we're looking forward to atone."

Hardwick is overseas on a holiday and study tour but will return in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users