Training For 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For 2023

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
If he likes the weather up here lately he’s nuts. It’s been brutally hot and humid though it rained a little last night and cooled it down a bit.

Edit - Tiwi island have been copping some solid rain
Humidity is the worst. That feeling of sweating all the time is one I’ll never get used to. Spent a few weeks in Cairns / Port Douglas just as the wet season kicked in back in 2001. It was awful, can only imagine what the Tiwi’s are like being that farther north.

Reactions: 2 users

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Humidity is the worst. That feeling of sweating all the time is one I’ll never get used to. Spent a few weeks in Cairns / Port Douglas just as the wet season kicked in back in 2001. It was awful, can only imagine what the Tiwi’s are like being that farther north.
Yep, give me dry heat any day of the week

Reactions: 3 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
This my favorite thread. Caesar's regular posts are the fruit of his climbing trees, hiding behind bushes, in wheelie bins, and generally being a reporting Will 'O The Wisp.

I know that so many on here, like me, eagerly seek Caesar's dispatches from the front.

I still have visions of Caesar popping up, wearing a WW2 German helmet and saying "very interesting" al la Arte Johnson out of Rowan & Martin's Laugh In :cool:

May Caesar's 2023 posts bring much excitement!

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Try living on the equator. Your sweat sweats

• Haha

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
This my favorite thread. Caesar's regular posts are the fruit of his climbing trees, hiding behind bushes, in wheelie bins, and generally being a reporting Will 'O The Wisp.

I know that so many on here, like me, eagerly seek Caesar's dispatches from the front.

I still have visions of Caesar popping up, wearing a WW2 German helmet and saying "very interesting" al la Arte Johnson out of Rowan & Martin's Laugh In :cool:

I also quite like Zip’s low hanging fruit reports
Less accurate than Caesar’s but far more inventive.

• Haha

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I also quite like Zip’s low hanging fruit reports
Less accurate than Caesar’s but far more inventive.
The Low Hanging Fruit Report does occasionally have the odd gem.

But there are a lot of reruns too :ROFLMAO:

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).

Francis recruited Matt dea after hiding behind a tree

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Prime Ceaser time. He's done a pre-season preparing for this. Primed.

Now has the ability to measure height and weights on site compared to last year.

Muscle watch season is now. Sloppy Rig season is now. Hail Ceaser.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
Has there been an announcement on the replacement for Peter Burge yet ? Ross Lyon mentioned someone internally was getting the job a while back but I don't think there has been a statement from the club unless I missed it.

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
Prime Ceaser time. He's done a pre-season preparing for this. Primed.

Now has the ability to measure height and weights on site compared to last year.

Muscle watch season is now. Sloppy Rig season is now. Hail Ceaser.
Will be busy this pre-season.
Dusty watch-Can the master re-discover his appetite.
TT & Hopp-Every move will be watched.
21 draftees-2nd pre season.
Bauers 1st pre season.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Has there been an announcement on the replacement for Peter Burge yet ? Ross Lyon mentioned someone internally was getting the job a while back but I don't think there has been a statement from the club unless I missed it.
Luke Meehan

All these folks come under the soft cap so the days of expensive PT folks are long gone. Alas our club has had to cut a lot in areas like fitness and recruiting to accommodate coaches' salaries.

The soft cap was slashed from $9.7mil to $6.2mil in 2020 because of the COVID revenue fall-out

We budgeted for an increase in 2022 but the AFL didn't introduce it to ensure clubs like #lolnorf, Gilligans Saints, Gold Coast and GWS didn't make massive losses that would threaten their existence

The big cut and then failure to re-establish the cap is a massive burden on clubs like ours and just another way Gilligan and co can shaft us and even up the comp.

I would be willing to bet that the Saints are allowed to exclude Rattens payout from the soft cap numbers. A nice little side deal between good mates Pudding Guts and Gilligan.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021

U said Caesar, got U one ;)
U said WW2 helmet, got U one.
U said Rowan, got U one.

All Hail Caesar Bean!! :eyes

1667870804693.png

• Haha

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Luke Meehan

All these folks come under the soft cap so the days of expensive PT folks are long gone. Alas our club has had to cut a lot in areas like fitness and recruiting to accommodate coaches' salaries.

The soft cap was slashed from $9.7mil to $6.2mil in 2020 because of the COVID revenue fall-out

We budgeted for an increase in 2022 but the AFL didn't introduce it to ensure clubs like #lolnorf, Gilligan's Saints, Gold Coast and GWS didn't make massive losses that would threaten their existence

The big cut and then failure to re-establish the cap is a massive burden on clubs like ours and just another way Gilligan and co can shaft us and even up the comp.

I would be willing to bet that the Saints are allowed to exclude Rattens payout from the soft cap numbers. A nice little side deal between good mates Pudding Guts and Gilligan.

AFL boosts soft cap, coaches hail 'step in the right direction'​

All 18 clubs will have a total increase of $750,000 in their football department soft cap over the next two years

Jul 14, 2022

THE AFL will increase the soft salary cap on football department spending by $750,000 across the next two years, with some medical and mental health spending to be exempt from the new limits.

The League announced the soft cap will increase by $500,000 in 2023 and $250,000 a year later, meaning it will kick in at $7.2 million in 2024.

An AFL Coaches Association proposal for a portion of each senior coach's salary to be exempt from the soft cap was not included.

Football department spending refers to staff such as coaches, list management, fitness and medical teams.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Luke Meehan

We budgeted for an increase in 2022 but the AFL didn't introduce it to ensure clubs like #lolnorf, Gilligans Saints, Gold Coast and GWS didn't make massive losses that would threaten their existence

Anyone seen Luke Meehan?
Hope he’s not in charge of strength and conditioning.
Makes Caesar look like Arnold Schwarzenegger

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users