Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!!

So it looks like Marlion is Houli's replacement in the backline with Egg and Hugo as back up. Interesting. Reckon we lose significant ground coverage without Marlion on the wing.

Reactions: 5 users
So it looks like Marlion is Houli's replacement in the backline with Egg and Hugo as back up. Interesting. Reckon we lose significant ground coverage without Marlion on the wing.

Caddy's a more than adequate replacement though. Nice to have so many versatile types on the list

Reactions: 2 users
Caddy's a more than adequate replacement though. Nice to have so many versatile types on the list
Maybe, Stylo. Agree about the versatility. We've got a few blokes who can be swung around as required. I think of blokes like Balta, KMac, Marlion, DTLD, et al. :cool:

My first thoughts were that taking Marlion away from the wing to be replaced by Caddy is a backward move. Caddy not as quick. And putting Marlion at HBF I don't really like as his disposal isn't what we need.

Smacks of finding a spot for Caddy rather than best player for each position. Don't get me wrong, I love Cadds. Hard, smart footballer with A Grade attitude. Good to have a few mongrels in your team. I love it when he's full on lippy.

I guess we have to trust in the coaches.

Reactions: 6 users
Maybe, Stylo. Agree about the versatility. We've got a few blokes who can be swung around as required. I think of blokes like Balta, KMac, Marlion, DTLD, et al. :cool:

My first thoughts were that taking Marlion away from the wing to be replaced by Caddy is a backward move. Caddy not as quick. And putting Marlion at HBF I don't really like as his disposal isn't what we need.

Smacks of finding a spot for Caddy rather than best player for each position. Don't get me wrong, I love Cadds. Hard, smart footballer with A Grade attitude. Good to have a few mongrels in your team. I love it when he's full on lippy.

I guess we have to trust in the coaches.
Grand Final we moved KMac back and George back to the wing. George's pace, tackling, tall marking and the added bonus of a lot further away from the goals, you never know...

Reactions: 6 users

I reckon if he does makes Marlions wing his own,

Josh Caddy will be the slowest wingman in 150 years.

if anyone can do it,

Richmond can.

Related to Mark Lee too, so good tiger blood lines (if not the height) :)

If Nick doesn't make it onto our list he might be a good player for the VFL side, seems to have some good traits.

#4 Nicholas Couroupis

The hard-nosed inside midfielder was part of a young trio of Bloods to feature at the centre bounces, but he also did some nice work away from the coalface. In his fifth-consecutive Reserves outing since entering the grade, Couroupis was able to showcase his admirable defensive work-rate and ability to impact aerially, using his courage and vertical leap to reel in a couple of nice marks. He provided a safe outlet in the back half when a hold in possession was required, but also attacked the ball hard in open play and came out better for it. This was most evident in the final term, as Couroupis straight-lined the ball between three opponents, burst free, and delivered a goal assist to Tyler Harris, who was free inside 50.

Nicholas Couroupis
West Adelaide | Midfielder

Stats:
25 disposals, 6 marks (4 contested), 3 tackles, 5 clearances, 2 inside 50s, 3 rebound 50s, 1 goal

Our scouts said: “Couroupis was outstanding for the Bloods, arguably their best performer on the day. The midfielder was aggressive at the ball and at his opponents throughout the game, and his marking ability was definitely a highlight.” – Tom Cheesman

Verdict: It was somewhat of a breakout performance for Couroupis, and his lift in output could be a timely one for the struggling Bloods midfield. Having also turned out for the Henley Sports Academy during the week, the Year 12 student should have his hands full with plenty more opportunities to impress. Midfielders with points of difference are always important, and Couroupis’ ability to mark overhead was good to see. It should put him in good stead for a more consistent output.

#22 Nic Couroupis

Couroupis is an over-ager who has flown a little under the radar, but came to prominence with some nice plays in this outing. The strongly-built midfielder spent a lot of time in defence, utilising his overhead marking ability to relieve some contested situations in the back half. He had a nice attacking moment too, with a well-taken mark in the corridor helping him continue his run and provide Tom Emmett with a goal assist just before the half time siren, while his kicking game was also generally sharp.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Related to Mark Lee too, so good tiger blood lines (if not the height) :)
I was huge fan of the General. How good was he in the 1980 Grand Final, he gave Peter Moore a deadset bath. From what I've read Nick has got some of his toughness.

Reactions: 1 users
Was locked down n bored shitless yesterday, so I decided to have a little rummage around on the computer n have a look at the Moggies playing list so I could do some in depth ( 2cans ) analysis n then hang some *smile* on my Moggies younger Bro.
Rarely seen a list so unbalanced in age n with so few youngsters coming through n getting some game experience..
Massive core of regular seniors players in the 28 to 32 y.o. bracket.
Barely a handful of regular seniors players in the 23 to 27 y.o. bracket.
A couple of youngsters U/23 who play regular seniors.
Then there's a massive log jam of about 20 players from new recruits to approx 25 y.o. who have barely seen a handful of senior footy are doubtful to ever be regulars.
Moggies cop a few injuries this year to senior players n there won't be much to chose from as replacements.
Moggies don't win this years flag n there'll be some nightmare years ahead of them.
Stagerfield (who never misses through injury) has been inj, Cameron also & now Duncan is inj & he also never misses through injury. it's shaping as a testing yr for them, they have barely had an injury in the last couple of yrs.

Stagerfield (who never misses through injury) has been inj, Cameron also & now Duncan is inj & he also never misses through injury. it's shaping as a testing yr for them, they have barely had an injury in the last couple of yrs.
Duncan’s 5 knee reconstructions say hello

Looks like old man injury is going around at the cats. Season has not started and already having issues getting guys onto the track

• Haha
Looks like old man injury is going around at the cats. Season has not started and already having issues getting guys onto the track
They can always call on Josh Jenkins and Jack Stevens................

• Haha
Due to Covid restrictions I didn't hang around and watch the 4 groups staggered over 4 hours but I did do my own hourly shuttle runs :) from my place to PRO to see who was what in what group, (each group trained for an hour but as mentioned i didn't stay and watch).

Whether group participants give any further clarity to positional structure thoughts or pecking order who knows:

Group 1 Defenders:
DTLD
Grimes
Tigga
Shorty
Balta
Bakes
Marlion
Broady
Egg
Huggo

Group 2 Midfield:
Nank
Shedda
Caddy
RCD
Lambo
Dow
Graham
Cotch
Ross
Shai
Kamdyn

Group 3 Forwards:
Dusty
Lynch
JR8
CJ
Georgie
Aarts
Drioli
Mabs
Garth
JNR

Group 4 The Leftovers:
Biggie
Miller
Will Martyn
Naish
Galluci
Samson Ryan
Green
Mansel

That leaves the following players unsighted which doesn't mean they didn't do a rehab session earlier:

Prestia
Bachar
Cumberland
Soldo

The only one of note not with main groups was Prestia who was due to resume with main group this week? after mild ankle issue.

That's it until all the boys are back training together.

Cheers
Glad to see Chol training with the forwards. While maintaining intensity is a big hill for Mabs his skill level as a 200cm player is mouth watering.

Contracted before the injury to Soldo and suspension of CJ, these are now major factors in his future at Richmond. Poor form at the end caused him to miss a fantastic opportunity to play in our last two games but
I think he will be given another opportunity perhaps in the first three.

If that occurs believe his best position is at half forward leading up the ground leaving space behind. Astbury to continue as relief for Nank.

I reckon if he does makes Marlions wing his own,

Josh Caddy will be the slowest wingman in 150 years.

if anyone can do it,

Richmond can.
If caddy played there it would be similar to grigg, he was no Ulsan bolt but always on the move , caddy reads play well and field kicking very good , he could easily slot into our best side . Had he been in gf , he would have replaced Vlas role when he went down

Reactions: 1 user