Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!!

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Anyway the he whole group trained for the first hour then the boys who are playing a game of VFL tomorrow left the track, (@eZyT won't be happy Marlion was amongst them).

My happiness is indomitable these days. But I only really need to see marlion play 3 or 4 more games to be even happier. :p

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
None: Which is good as it is better the young guys get to play a full game as they got minimal minutes in pre-season games.

Marlion in the same boat as Caddy looking the preferred option at this stage and Marlion only got a half v Pies so needs minutes.

Dimma's new favorite, (Aarts), remained in the main group.
I really like this, the door for Rd 1 is a jar, who can bang it down? Even if they have a locked 22 for Rd 1 (barring injury etc) they can still put themselves at the front of the que.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Re Hugo, he has certainly developed, but still a little raw in terms of the position he is learning.
If he was allowed to play as a free flowing wingman, (which there is no place for at Richmond ;)), he may be good to go at a lesser club.

Has been training all season at half back where he can provide plenty of run but still needs to get a bit stronger one on one/contested. I haven't seen the aerial strength yet that he is supposed to possess? Would be a bit of a weapon if he could become an interceptor and use his dash.
Drafting Mansell and re-drafting Egg my question is, is half back where he will end up.?
A bit like Balta his versatility still might see him thrown around a bit. I wouldn't mind seeing what he can do forward in the VFL as he was drafted on his forward exploits as a junior.

Here is a reminder snippet from Draft Central:

in a final against the Calder Cannons kicking three first quarter goals proving too strong in the air and too quick and slick at ground level. He would finish the game with 19 disposals, eight marks and kicking 3.3 in his best performance for the year. Ralphsmith oozes talent and despite underperforming for Vic Metro he was still able to pull of one of the plays of the championships kicking a long range banana and make it look effortless and it’s almost a case of what cant he do as a forward as he ticks a lot of boxes and is the type of player you could see flourishing in a team like Richmond that like to move the ball on at all cost.

Size: has bulked up, don't know height, as for being same size as RCD RFC website has Riley at 189ccm, Hugo 188cm.
Just on Mansell, what # has he been wearing?

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I saw on another forum it is at Tullamarine
Sorry guys, was told it was at their ground and my brain’s GPS automatically directed me to Windy Hill ( where I grew up )
Think Taz is correct as I’ve heard a rumour they’ve moved to Tullamarine but have such little interest in them that I haven’t bothered to confirm.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
The VFL Practice Match is at the Hangar at Tullamarine starting at 5pm
4 x 30 minute quarters
Cheers

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The VFL Practice Match is at the Hangar at Tullamarine starting at 5pm
4 x 30 minute quarters
Cheers

Have our players been vaccinated with tetanus, rabies shots etc before going out there ? What a sh*thole.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
There were seats at Windy Hill?

DS
My Great Uncle and I would get there around 11 to watch the ressies. Was a few rows of seats from the fence if I remember correctly. What a hellhole.

Reactions: 1 users

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
The Tullamarine location is the pits. The only good thing about it is that Urbnsurf is next door - and that’s a blast

Mark Zanotti

Tiger Cub
Apr 19, 2013
None: Which is good as it is better the young guys get to play a full game as they got minimal minutes in pre-season games.

Marlion in the same boat as Caddy looking the preferred option at this stage and Marlion only got a half v Pies so needs minutes.

Dimma's new favorite, (Aarts), remained in the main group.
Not sure any nicknames have stuck with him yet, but surely Aarts nickname should be Creative

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
TBH, this is where you and I diverge in our intellect. See, I went...

Performing Aarts
Titsova
Russian Ballerina

Strange, I thought. But OK. If that is where he is going with it then sure.

Was just about to suggest Rudolph (Nureyev), and then I saw Red's post.

And that brought me back to the pack pretty quick smart.

:bash

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users