Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!!

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Last time I was at Windy Hill was in the late 70's, it was packed, we were in the standing area. Those were the days of steel beer cans, we were standing on empties so we could see. Alan Edwards kicked 5 or 6 goals, I thought he was going to be our next Royce Hart, them were the days.
Ah, we were kids then and treasured the fact the old man could knock off a few frothies and we could improvise and use the dead marines as stilts.

I saw the '66 GF, the '67 & '69 Finals Series in Standing Room Sect R utilising those steel cans!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Ah, we were kids then and treasured the fact the old man could knock off a few frothies and we could improvise and use the dead marines as stilts.

I saw the '66 GF, the '67 & '69 Finals Series in Standing Room Sect R utilising those steel cans!
The good old days Bernie, and you could bring the cans into the ground in your esky, them were the days.

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Training today and it is all good news:

Shedda and Cotch back out there.

Basher: Has turned the corner huge workload in rehab today, some sprint work pretty close to full pace maybe 80% probably put in about 10 laps of hard running as well, wouldn't be surprised if he rejoins the main group for some drills in a weeks time?

Cumberland: Was put through hell today by grappling coach, a lot of change of direction and exhaustive running, on target to play some footy by May, has not yet joined the main group but may be only a couple of weeks away from joining non contact drills?

Putting in the extra work:
When the best player in the comp puts in extra laps when training is virtually done you know you're in great place, Dusty 100% the fittest he has been going into a season.

No surprise to see Graham and Lambo being the last one's on the track, heart and soul guys who put maximum effort to get absolute best out of themselves.
Funny there were a few knocks on Graham's kicking when drafted, and is now close to our best hit up kicker streaming out of the centre, we saw it last year and he may only get better with the amount of work he is putting in, the last 15 minutes of extras today he was doing just that.

Cross fingers, cross toes our list is healthy and in fantastic shape:

One main training session remains to get through unscathed, (should be Tuesday 9:30am).

I am not even going to worry about debating team this week as with everything I've seen I believe team is set even though there are so many players knocking on the door.

Short Balta Grimes
Tigga Astbury Bakes
Caddy Prestia Kmac
Castagna Dusty Shai

Rioli Lynch Riewoldt

Followers: Nank Cotch Edwards
I/C: Graham, Broad, Aarts, Lambo

**The thing that can be debated is starting positions as the beauty is the likes of Shai, Lambo, Shedda, Dusty are equally as good rotating between the mid and forward, (we should be and are so f#%#%#% dangerous :cupgold).

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014

Basher: Has turned the corner huge workload in rehab today, some sprint work pretty close to full pace maybe 80% probably put in about 10 laps of hard running as well, wouldn't be surprised if he rejoins the main group for some drills in a weeks time?

Cumberland: Was put through hell today by grappling coach, a lot of change of direction and exhaustive running, on target to play some footy by May, has not yet joined the main group but may be only a couple of weeks away from joining non contact drills?

When the best player in the comp puts in extra laps when training is virtually done you know you're in great place, Dusty 100% the fittest he has been going into a season.

No surprise to see Graham and Lambo being the last one's on the track, heart and soul guys who put maximum effort to get absolute best out of themselves.
Funny there were a few knocks on Graham's kicking when drafted, and is now close to our best hit up kicker streaming out of the centre, we saw it last year and he may only get better with the amount of work he is putting in, the last 15 minutes of extras today he was doing just that.

One main training remains to get through unscathed, (should be Tuesday 9:30am).

I am not even going to worry about debating team this week as with everything I've seen I believe team is set even though there are so many players knocking on the door.

Short Balta Grimes
Tigga Astbury Bakes
Caddy Prestia Kmac
Castagna Dusty Shai

Rioli Lynch Riewoldt

**The thing that can be debated is starting positions as the beauty is the likes of Shai, Lambo, Shedda, Dusty are equally as good rotating between the mid and forward, (we should be and are so f#%#%#% dangerous :cupgold).
Sensational report ceaser,

Cannot WAIT for Thursday!

I feel for Marlion, but he'll be back in the team soon enough. No doubt.

And I love the energy that Aarts brings. This kid wants a Premiership and our older blokes love feeding off that enthusiasm. He will do well this season

Reactions: 3 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb

Short Balta Grimes
Tigga Astbury Bakes
Caddy Prestia Kmac
Castagna Dusty Shai

Rioli Lynch Riewoldt

Fantastic report even by your standards. Thanks again.

Reactions: 8 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020

Short Balta Grimes
Tigga Astbury Bakes
Caddy Prestia Kmac
Castagna Dusty Shai

Rioli Lynch Riewoldt

Awesome report

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Great report from Julius. The fact that Dusty is as fit and keen as he is makes him a seriously scary prospect for the rest of the comp. Could even be Charlie #2 beckons.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Best thing about Jacky G is that those shoulders are strapless and (hopefully) getting stronger.

Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Sensational report ceaser,

Cannot WAIT for Thursday!

I feel for Marlion, but he'll be back in the team soon enough. No doubt.

And I love the energy that Aarts brings. This kid wants a Premiership and our older blokes love feeding off that enthusiasm. He will do well this season

If Aarts can make the spot his own, and it will be by the pressure he brings not possessions, it frees Shai up for midfield time hopefully :)

Reactions: 3 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014

One main training session remains to get through unscathed, (should be Tuesday 9:30am).

Short Balta Grimes
Tigga Astbury Bakes
Caddy Prestia Kmac
Castagna Dusty Shai

Rioli Lynch Riewoldt

Hi Caesar,

I just want to say thank you, for all your ongoing Reports. It's so great to read these - and I reckon, like many others here, when I login, its the first thread / post I look out for.

Thank you for your ongoing efforts and work to write these posts, so we can all enjoy them. Really selfless of you. Cheers.

Reactions: 32 users