Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!!

Sure, when they see our selected team on paper, they'll realise there's no point even turning up at the G, simple as that.

(Over-confidence is the first step to decline).
Didnt do Hawks any damage with their over confidence when Dermie/Dunstal/Dippa etc were running a muck
over confidence backed by talent is a good thing and it intimidates the opposition even before the ball is bounced

@caesar. .... hoping for your updated team selection with the 23rd man being ratified first thing tomorrow .... a Marlion reprieve maybe. ...Surely they won't name a debutant?

Not sure, I was surprised to hear it. I guess the thinking is if it is someone who is going to sit around and possibly not play at all, it may as well be a kid. There might also be a financial facet to the thinking as well.

Personally, I'd go with unlimited subs for injury.
And have ten blokes on the pine?
Injuries are a factor in evety game that's why we had reserves and inter.
Even cricket recognise it when they dumped runners.

Reactions: 1 user
And have ten blokes on the pine?
Injuries are a factor in evety game that's why we had reserves and inter.
Even cricket recognise it when they dumped runners.

I think the difference is that with concussion, the laws of the game forbid the player taking the field again. I don't think that's the same with other injuries, players can be sent back on injured in desperate times.

Just speculating but I wonder if the week or so that Marlion missed training in January allowed the door to open for Caddy

Dimma made a great point on 360 last night

We name 4 emergencies for every game and usually these players are sitting there at the game
player goes down with an injury - Just use 1 of the emergencies (any of the 4 you select to use depending on the player thats subbed out)

basically takes 10 minutes to decide if the player is out so that gives some time for the player getting subbed in to get ready

We name 4 emergencies for every game and usually these players are sitting there at the game
player goes down with an injury - Just use 1 of the emergencies (any of the 4 you select to use depending on the player thats subbed out)

basically takes 10 minutes to decide if the player is out so that gives some time for the player getting subbed in to get ready
Agree with this

Yeah I think its going to be a bank some early wins strategy, then manage a few of the older guys through the middle of the year (around the byes too) and then have those older guys firing on all cylinders coming into the latter half of the season and then be primed for finals.
Rest our vets against fellow contenders.
We never lose to the same side twice in a year if we lose.

So we can expect the AFL to ignore this idea?

I don't understand why the AFL has taken so much time with this. Concussion subs seem like a complete and utter no brainer, but they focus on other crap, like the seagull of the man on the mark that we have now.

If they make this an injury rather than purely a concussion sub, then they need to have the same negative impact if you take them out. Ie. they can't play for 12 days. If you are subbed out of the game due to injury you follow the concussion protocols in terms of being able to play, otherwise some injury "subs" may be used as a tactical move.

I like the idea of the 4 emergencies being available.

Reactions: 5 users
Training today was just a health check for me.

Cotch does not look 100% to me, (still think he will play), has been managed the last 2 weeks. I know he does it quite a bit in games too , but pretty much refused to kick on his right and used his left a lot.

KMac had a low load session so may being managed as well.

The above are only a slight watch for me but otherwise it is pretty much all systems go.

Also: Basher took another small step, interrupted his rehab to participate in one non contact drill with the main group and got a few congratulatory welcome backs :clap2

**Only thing I will say about training which I have mentioned before, I can't believe the skill level, by both hand and foot, of Samson Ryano_O

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 24 users