Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!!

Grigga retired in May 2019 & that freed up a spot, maybe their is/was another list lodgment period before the MSRD
They introduced the mid-season draft that year, and Grigg was the first of a few to free up a spot by retiring early. Last year there wasn't a mid-season draft but they're talking about having another one this year, so Hocking might enable retirements again depending on how many Cats players need to be pensioned off.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
They introduced the mid-season draft that year, and Grigg was the first of a few to free up a spot by retiring early. Last year there wasn't a mid-season draft but they're talking about having another one this year, so they might enable retirements again depending on how many Cats players need to be pensioned off.
Retirements are different to forced dislistings of a player under contract, unless its a mutural agreement and both parties agree to split
In stacks case, i doubt this will be agreed apon by both player and club

Retirements are different to forced dislistings of a player under contract, unless its a mutural agreement and both parties agree to split
In stacks case, i doubt this will be agreed apon by both player and club
If he rocked up to Training either in an unfit state or just unfit its likely he has breached his contract and can be cut without any penalty to the club.

Reactions: 3 users
Exciting group. Martyn & Ralphsmith.. watching with interest.
I have a friend/ more of an acquaintance who watches training quite a bit and seems to have a few connections (doesn't post on here). He is big on Martyn who he says is a jet and going to surprise a lot of Tiger supporters.
He believes that all of RCD, Ross, Martyn, Ralphsmith and Dow are AFL ready
( FWIW I texted him about Stack and he had no insight)

Reactions: 16 users
I have a friend/ more of an acquaintance who watches training quite a bit and seems to have a few connections (doesn't post on here). He is big on Martyn who he says is a jet and going to surprise a lot of Tiger supporters.
If the optimism on these lads is well-placed it's a good reason to have skipped the last draft and be primed for the 2021 draft.

Reactions: 10 users
To be in the middle of a dynasty and have a crop of young players like that is exciting. I'm not writing off Stack just yet. Naish seems to have dropped off the promising talent list - hoping he can really make a statement this year, which would be his last if he doesn't.

Reactions: 2 users
To be in the middle of a dynasty and have a crop of young players like that is exciting. I'm not writing off Stack just yet. Naish seems to have dropped off the promising talent list - hoping he can really make a statement this year, which would be his last if he doesn't.
Naish is such a good vfl player. He may well be just that of course and wouldn't be the first nor the last