Training For Redemption in 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For Redemption in 2022

depends what strain, if its the same strain as the vaccine then you wont get it or get it extremely mildly, if its a different strain (which can happen), then the vaccine does nothing
Exactly.
The one and only time I had it I got the flu and the vaccine was of no help.

Took me longer to get over it then I had previously when I didn’t have the flu vaccination.

Reactions: 1 users
Caesar did you report that Dusty didn’t train Saturday or Monday?
If that’s the case and Dimma is reporting on Monday night that Dusty is unlikely to play then I smell a rat.
Very early call to be writing him off if it’s a flu.
The other thing is I’m also stunned that most players wouldn’t be vaccinated for the flu. No club wants players to miss matches that can be preventable.
Yes i did.

Captains Run Today Wednesday :

Counted 25 out there, usually there are 26, (22 plus 4 emergencies one of which will be medi-sub).

Of note:

*There was no Soldo or Dusty.
*Both Lambo & Shedda were out there
*Balta did a couple of ruck drills so may be the relief ruckmen I'm guessing from playing forward?
*Tarrant & Gibcus will probably be first up with defence duties?
*Lynch good to go.

Ross, JNR, Mansel, Hugo in the 25 out there, (NO George).

Have the left a last minute spot for Dust?, (seriously doubt it).

Reactions: 25 users

Counted 25 out there, usually there are 26, (22 plus 4 emergencies one of which will be medi-sub).

Of note:

*Balta did a couple of ruck drills so may be the relief ruckmen I'm guessing from playing forward?
*Lynch good to go.

Cheers for the update Caesar

Of note:

*Lynch good to go.

Dimma has ruled out Dusty in his presser.

No debutants this week but a "young mid" will come in - So I'd say its Dow, just my guess.

No debutants this week but a "young mid" will come in - So I'd say its Dow, just my guess.
No Dow not in squad if they want a mid it will be Ross if they want a pressure forward probably JNR.

By the way reckon Dow had his worst game for the club in the two's last week and needs to bounce back.

Reactions: 3 users
Caesar did you report that Dusty didn’t train Saturday or Monday?
If that’s the case and Dimma is reporting on Monday night that Dusty is unlikely to play then I smell a rat.
Very early call to be writing him off if it’s a flu.
The other thing is I’m also stunned that most players wouldn’t be vaccinated for the flu. No club wants players to miss matches that can be preventable.
Other players have had the flu gone through same time off and Dimma doing exactly the same but when it’s Dusty you smell a rat but other players you’re ok with it “facepalm”

Ross was by far the best mid in the 2's last week and would offer more than Edwards at the moment.

Looks like
In- Lynch, Lambert, Ross
Out - Dusty, Soldo, Edwards.

Did he say young mid? I thought he commented it would be a young player and was talking about "helping out up there" ie in the forward line so I was thinking MRJ

Reactions: 1 user
I had the flu vaccine in early April and had a severe bout of flu last week. started getting heavy symptoms Friday week ago and didn’t get over it until weekend just gone. Even then, I’m still carrying symptoms today but did return to work this morning.
It was a pretty heavy duty infection and if Dusty has similar, he’ll miss Thursday’s game imo.
So you’d recommend the flu vax then

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
So you’d recommend the flu vax then
In 2019 we had a nasty strain of the flu come thru , we had approx 7 mil people vax’d and approx 1000 deaths

There are around 80-90 viable mutations of influenza and ATAGI sit 4 times a year and study laboratory results from around the world and mandate which strains this seasons jabs should cover

That feeds into a tender process which the big drug companies participate in , the federal government procures enough doses to cover our under 5 , over 70 and people at risk and they get it for free

Private clinics and pharmacies purchase their vacincines and those are the ones that most of us pay for

Depending on the vaccine and strain of flu the efficacy is between 40-60%

While that doesn’t sound great from an individuals point of view , from a governments view they want to reduce deaths and hospital stays . The cost to the nation would be quite high if we were completely unvaxxd

All the stuff you’ve heard ad neusem the past couple of years about Covid

I found I’d get a nasty flu every 5-7 years , one year I couldn’t get out of bed for a footy final
I didn’t get the flu vax back then , but since I hit my 50’s I get it every year

Reactions: 8 users
In 2019 we had a nasty strain of the flu come thru , we had approx 7 mil people vax’d and approx 1000 deaths
I got that. Never been so crook. Sleep 14 hours, get up, lie on couch, nap. Get up, go back to bed. Repeat for 10 days.

I had covid last week. It felt like a nasty flu for a few days. What was weird and concerning to me was the way the symptoms would ramp up and disappear over the day. I also had these weird sensations across my chest like my heart was being squeezed and brain fog. It does make you wonder what the hell the virus is doing to your body to evoke those feelings and you hope it hasn't burrowed in somewhere for some long term issues. I do feel 100% after 2 weeks but I haven't tried to do anything more strenuous than feeding the chooks. I've had 4 vaccines.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users