Training For Redemption in 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For Redemption in 2022

I had covid last week. It felt like a nasty flu for a few days. What was weird and concerning to me was the way the symptoms would ramp up and disappear over the day. I also had these weird sensations across my chest like my heart was being squeezed and brain fog. It does make you wonder what the hell the virus is doing to your body to evoke those feelings and you hope it hasn't burrowed in somewhere for some long term issues. I do feel 100% after 2 weeks but I haven't tried to do anything more strenuous than feeding the chooks. I've had 4 vaccines.
Do you have actual chickens or were you oversharing?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users
I had covid last week. It felt like a nasty flu for a few days. What was weird and concerning to me was the way the symptoms would ramp up and disappear over the day. I also had these weird sensations across my chest like my heart was being squeezed and brain fog. It does make you wonder what the hell the virus is doing to your body to evoke those feelings and you hope it hasn't burrowed in somewhere for some long term issues. I do feel 100% after 2 weeks but I haven't tried to do anything more strenuous than feeding the chooks. I've had 4 vaccines.
My biggest concern there Snags.

Maybe we won’t know or ever know.

Touch wood.. I haven’t as yet got Covid or so far the flu the past two years.

I exercise nearly 3 hours a day , have a cold shower every second day and lay in an ice bath for 1-2 minutes once a week.

The worse I have felt is a ‘sniffle’ and sometimes a touch feeling of a ‘runny nose’.

Don’t know if it’s my Immune System, what I do ( as in the above ) or pure luck!

Reactions: 1 user

I exercise nearly 3 hours a day , have a cold shower every second day and lay in an ice bath for 1-2 minutes once a week.

The worse I have felt is a ‘sniffle’ and sometimes a touch feeling of a ‘runny nose’.

Don’t know if it’s my Immune System, what I do ( as in the above ) or pure luck!
:unsure:Why?!?

An uncle told me over 50 years ago (god rest his soul), to never have the water too hot when having a shower, and to always finish the shower with cold water.
He was my hero and I've taken his advice ever since.
I don't know whether it's just blind luck, but I very rarely get a cold, and it's never a bad one. I've also never been bed ridden with a real bad flu with fevers or body aches.

I should add, I do always have a bottle of rum handy whenever I feel the slightest hint of a sniffle:))

Reactions: 3 users

I gym 4 times a week only an hour but heavy weights. I burn most of my calories watching the game once a week where my resting heart rate is around 150 for 2 hours.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Won't have it waiting...
Surely you have an inkling why!
Ok you are pressing me now.

Addiction to exercise.

Cold showers after I train in the evening only 3 x a week.

Ice baths. Really no idea. Think it stemmed from watching SAS Australia and thought I will try that!

An uncle told me over 50 years ago (god rest his soul), to never have the water too hot when having a shower, and to always finish the shower with cold water.
He was my hero and I've taken his advice ever since.
I don't know whether it's just blind luck, but I very rarely get a cold, and it's never a bad one. I've also never been bed ridden with a real bad flu with fevers or body aches.

I should add, I do always have a bottle of rum handy whenever I feel the slightest hint of a sniffle:))
There you go.
There are others like you & I Tigerman.

It must help our immune system!

Do you have actual chickens or were you oversharing?
I'm in Abu Dhabi, this reminds me of a funny/concerning Dubai thread on Reddit where a bloke was asking if he could keep a chicken on his balcony in summer. Some weird cats out this way but no I don't have any chickens.

Addiction to exercise.

Ice baths. Really no idea. Think it stemmed from watching SAS Australia and thought I will try that!
I always feel good after a cold shower. I must get back into that habit.

I always feel good after a cold shower. I must get back into that habit.
If you can do it Snags.
I know it’s hard in Winter but with anything once you do it another of times it becomes easier to handle the feeling of discomfort.

I gym 4 times a week only an hour but heavy weights. I burn most of my calories watching the game once a week where my resting heart rate is around 150 for 2 hours.
I bet you probably can thank the Umps officiating our matches for reaching your peak rates. :eek:

Dimma has ruled out Dusty in his presser.

Dimma has ruled out Dusty in his presser.

No debutants this week but a "young mid" will come in - So I'd say its Dow, just my guess.
FYI, Balmy just on Ch.10 News said Dusty could not get up for tonight but probably could have played on the weekend.
[Sorry to bring it back to footy] :)

Addiction to exercise.

There's certainly worse things you could be addicted to! Good on you.

Cold showers swimming in cold water and ice baths are known to increase immunity.

Scandinavians of old and Vikings were said to leave babies in the cold for short periods to toughen them and strengthen them.

• Wow