Training For Redemption in 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For Redemption in 2022

Roksman

Tiger Rookie
Feb 12, 2020
It will be Miller time but reckon Geelong is the side you'd least like Noah and Tarrant unavailable.
Of course I agree with that.

Simply stating they're unavailable so time to back Ben in. It's one game and I remember Garthwaite did a similar job on Hawkins a couple years ago - as long as we bring the heat up the ground, Ben can be supported by team defence and get the job done.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I think he was taking the *smile* and would be quietly chuffed you've kept doing it.
He lived well into his nineties, and died a few years ago. I mentioned it to him a couple of years before he passed away, he said theres hope for you yet you young whipper snapper.

Another tip was never go to bed with wet hair, might be another reason I get **** all colds, he was a digger and my hero.

I reckon he could've still sat me on me arse well into his 80's.

Reactions: 1 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
It will be Miller time but reckon Geelong is the side you'd least like Noah and Tarrant unavailable.
Don't like to see any of our players unavailable through injury but even if fit, not so clear our number 6 deserves selection before our number 46.
Must say the Dusty news is a big + but where is the rest of your report?

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

tigerfan1961

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 25, 2004
Don't like to see any of our players unavailable through injury but even if fit, not so clear our number 6 deserves selection before our number 46.
Must say the Dusty news is a big + but where is the rest of your report?
You’re kidding Mate. Rance, Scarlett, S Silvagni couldn’t have stopped 3 of the 4 goals McKay got on Thursday night. Even the one in the second quarter shouldn’t have happened as Nank clearly touched the ball before McKay was awarded the mark.
Tarrant is doing his job imo, heck he broke the knuckle at about the 2 minute mark of the first quarter if you watch the replay carefully. People are expecting him to be able to keep his opponent scoreless, not realistic.
And you are overrating Millers ability to do better than Tarrant, don’t see it myself. Tarrant is no superstar but he plays his role pretty well from what I’m seeing and is being harshly judged.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Tarrant has shown patches of what was previously an A grade full back. Tomahawk with good delivery would eye off 6+ on him. Balta would have been good. I THINK Miller will do ok if the likes of Broad, Vloss and Gibcus chime in too. Id also make sure that all throwin close to the cats goals has either Nank or Soldo contesting v Tom.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Tarrant has had his operation, hand heavily padded and tapped, looked like the pinky and ring finger isolated and strapped together in some sort of splint.
Looks like a boxer strapped up for a fight.
Surely misses at least a couple of weeks?
Not ideal with Balta possibly out for 5 or 6?, (only basing my opinion on that it is a repeat of the injury in which he had a 4 week break so usually means longer 2nd time round).
Thanks for the report mate how is Millers body work one on one with big forwards ?. Stranger things happen Tarrant could play in a protective glove.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Of course I agree with that.

Simply stating they're unavailable so time to back Ben in. It's one game and I remember Garthwaite did a similar job on Hawkins a couple years ago - as long as we bring the heat up the ground, Ben can be supported by team defence and get the job done.
that's the key the support he gets and our pressure and intensity is on around the ground.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Thanks for the report mate how is Millers body work one on one with big forwards ?. Stranger things happen Tarrant could play in a protective glove.
Although 198cm himself I wouldn't rate Miller that great with his body work one on one although it has improved, Hawkins would be the ultimate test.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Yeah I'm similar to you Waiting. I follow a cold water method that a guy called Wim Hoff promotes. I go to the beach about 4 or 5 times a week and have cold showers. Hasn't done me any harm and it actually challenges you and puts you out of your comfort zone. Family and friends think I'm crazy.
That’s the thing I think I wanted to get across without sounding ‘crazy’. It challenges me, my mind & my body.

No left foot

Tiger Rookie
Aug 30, 2020
Tarrant has had his operation, hand heavily padded and tapped, looked like the pinky and ring finger isolated and strapped together in some sort of splint.
Looks like a boxer strapped up for a fight.
Surely misses at least a couple of weeks?
Not ideal with Balta possibly out for 5 or 6?, (only basing my opinion on that it is a repeat of the injury in which he had a 4 week break so usually means longer 2nd time round).
Tarrant 50/50 apparently, Cotch out with cracked clavicle for 1-2 games, Balta minor hammy will miss this week at least, Dusty good to go.

• Sad

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Tarrant 50/50 apparently, Cotch out with cracked clavicle for 1-2 games, Balta minor hammy will miss this week at least, Dusty good to go.

Shame about Cotch. Reckon Ross should replace him and get the same role as Cotch. Sounds like Tarrant might be a bit more than 50/50 right now.

So possibly.

Out: Cotchin, Balta, Lambert
In: Ross, Martin, Soldo

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
You’re kidding Mate. Rance, Scarlett, S Silvagni couldn’t have stopped 3 of the 4 goals McKay got on Thursday night. Even the one in the second quarter shouldn’t have happened as Nank clearly touched the ball before McKay was awarded the mark.
Tarrant is doing his job imo, heck he broke the knuckle at about the 2 minute mark of the first quarter if you watch the replay carefully. People are expecting him to be able to keep his opponent scoreless, not realistic.
And you are overrating Millers ability to do better than Tarrant, don’t see it myself. Tarrant is no superstar but he plays his role pretty well from what I’m seeing and is being harshly judged.
This conversation is getting way off track.
No one until now has been talking about his game against McKay or the 4 goals or for that matter the two additional rather easy shots McKay missed, also in the 4th. And I certainly havn't said Miller could do better. Just saying our no 6 at 33, has slowed down and his form hasn't been great, as against Miller's who now is in career best, and deserves a further chance.
And as for your mention of Rance, Scarlett and Silvagni, no one is comparing him with that group. No one who thinks about it for a moment ever could. Don't know about the other two but Rance was the finest defender of his decade +, with 5 All Australian selections. Tarrant has won a single best player with North but so far has not been recognised by an AA selection.

tigerfan1961

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 25, 2004
This conversation is getting way off track.
No one until now has been talking about his game against McKay or the 4 goals or for that matter the two additional rather easy shots McKay missed, also in the 4th. And I certainly havn't said Miller could do better. Just saying our no 6 at 33, has slowed down and his form hasn't been great, as against Miller's who now is in career best, and deserves a further chance.
And as for your mention of Rance, Scarlett and Silvagni, no one is comparing him with that group. No one who thinks about it for a moment ever could. Don't know about the other two but Rance was the finest defender of his decade +, with 5 All Australian selections. Tarrant has won a single best player with North but so far has not been recognised by an AA selection.
I respect totally what you’ve got to say Momentai and i think I do understand where you are coming from with your opinion. But I don’t think Miller can play anywhere near as well as what Tarrant has been playing, while matching up on bigger and stronger types. He’s (Tarrant) been playing to a decent level in my eyes and I just do not agree that “his form hasn’t been great”.
You believe that Miller is in career best. Yep, at VFL level but it’s a mighty step up playing on the likes of Dixon, McKay, Hawkins etc at AFL level. I think Miller is decent enough but don’t think he’s a better option at this time than Tarrant.
You likely won’t and don’t have to agree with my opinion, but it’s based on what I’ve observed.
Oh, and the comparison of Tarrant with those 3 great full backs wasn’t meant to say he was even close to them. I was just trying to say that even with their greatness, they couldn't have stopped most of the goals Tarrant conceded on Thursday night.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Yeah I'm similar to you Waiting. I follow a cold water method that a guy called Wim Hoff promotes. I go to the beach about 4 or 5 times a week and have cold showers. Hasn't done me any harm and it actually challenges you and puts you out of your comfort zone. Family and friends think I'm crazy.
Used to dabble in the hot/cold shower routine back in the day. The evidence on its benefits are scant, but almost to a man people say they feel awesome after it, I know I did. If you think it’s good for you it probably is!!