Training For Redemption in 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For Redemption in 2022

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Not be a doomsdayer but I'd rather a young bloke do a knee than get glandular fever.
The "advantage" of a knee also is that every one knows you are injured and cant play.
His recovery from glandular fever might allow him to play VFL early in the year, but his fitness levels may not allow him to play good football this year.

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
The "advantage" of a knee also is that every one knows you are injured and cant play.
His recovery from glandular fever might allow him to play VFL early in the year, but his fitness levels may not allow him to play good football this year.
WIll is positionally a very important back up player for Richmond.
We are already very thin on inside contested players. It means that someone else gets to be developed to play the role, in the twos that may be better suited elsewhere.

Last edited:

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Good get @Roksman on Patrick Balta.

Also good to see Harrison Bourke:

Grandson of the great Francis Bourke and son of David also listed to carry on a family tradition :)
Had a scroll through the pics of the magoos, geez young hairyson looks like his old man, built scrawny too.

Reactions: 1 user

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
OK, reports on all these others players are nice Caeser.

But how is the next dominant big man to grace the AFL tracking.

Assume it involves picking the ball up from his shoelaces and drilling 40m passes on his left.

Samson Ryan update please!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Good to see a Bartlett and Bourke in the same team. Disappointed we couldn't find a Barrott and a Clay. A Hart would have been good too
And good to see Stevie Morris as playing coach. What a great clubman he is, he has done his dad and family proud.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
OK, reports on all these others players are nice Caeser.

But how is the next dominant big man to grace the AFL tracking.

Assume it involves picking the ball up from his shoelaces and drilling 40m passes on his left.

Samson Ryan update please!

@Leysy Days , I have mentioned Samson in positive tones already this pre-season and pumped up his skillset below his knees and his delivery by foot which put some others to shame.

I want to see how it translates in a scratch match and how he goes around the ground for confirmation that he has made real progress.

• Haha

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
@Leysy Days , I have mentioned Samson in positive tones already this pre-season and pumped up his skillset below his knees and his delivery by foot which put some others to shame.

I want to see how it translates in a scratch match and how he goes around the ground for confirmation that he has made real progress.

Thankyou Kind Sir.

Sounds like the next Jack Dyer is tracking nicely!

• Wow

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Hi @TigerFlag2017 everything being equal training should start at 9:45am on Thursday. I do plan to get there but will be late as I have a 9:30am Covid Booster booked with CoHealth in Collingwood. So maybe closer to 10:30 for me which is no drama as they start with a 25 minute warm up before they properly get into things.
@TigerFlag2017 , I did say all things be equal, (well they're not!). No training :confused: or packed car park, maybe they have gone away on a camp, gone somewhere for a time trial or all isolating because of Covidd, who knows.

Anyway TF hopefully you didn't make your pilgrimage after all.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
@TigerFlag2017 , I did say all things be equal, (well they're not!). No training :confused: or packed car park, maybe they have gone away on a camp, gone somewhere for a time trial or all isolating because of Covidd, who knows.

Anyway TF hopefully you didn't make your pilgrimage after all.
Mate, just dropped in and witnessed the same. I'll have to try again in late Jan

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Mate, just dropped in and witnessed the same. I'll have to try again in late Jan

Sorry about that it has been Thursday like clockwork for the pre-season, unfortunately I don't get a first hand copy of their schedule ;) :confused: