Training For Redemption in 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For Redemption in 2022

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Question and/or assignment for caesar, especially now with the pre Christmas training done.

Assume things will be ramping up from here on training wise.
In terms of the Captaincy candidates, who have you noticed really stepping up at training?
With others, more vocal, leading, tutoring, mentoring, instructing, follow me lads type of stuff.
Can you (who attends most sessions) see anyone stepping up and virtually stamping themselves as Captain?
Anyone suddenly more chatty/vocal to last year, say?
Someone getting everyone in for a word before session starts or at the end.

We could almost have our answer before it is released to the media.

Hail!
caesar!
Hail!

Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Maybe it’s the angle, but Parker looks big in that shot.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Shai looks huge in the chest. All Australian chance.

Reactions: 1 user

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
It's holiday time apparently, our guys are driven!

Reactions: 1 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Question and/or assignment for caesar, especially now with the pre Christmas training done.

Assume things will be ramping up from here on training wise.
In terms of the Captaincy candidates, who have you noticed really stepping up at training?
With others, more vocal, leading, tutoring, mentoring, instructing, follow me lads type of stuff.
Can you (who attends most sessions) see anyone stepping up and virtually stamping themselves as Captain?
Anyone suddenly more chatty/vocal to last year, say?
Someone getting everyone in for a word before session starts or at the end.

We could almost have our answer before it is released to the media.

Hail!
caesar!
Hail!
I always cringe a little at the term leadership group , to me leadership is a chemistry you are born with , people are naturally drawn to someone and want to follow them

We’ve had reports of Marlion helping Stack get thru extra conditioning runs and here he is with a group doing boxing during the down period

I don’t see Marlion as a great fit for an AFL captains role with all the media involved

But I do see him being a natural mentor type with the younger indigenous boys

With his known past and the big family , rare in football circles , and his quiet ways , some of the young guys will be drawn to him

For a captain we will look elsewhere , but I get the feeling Marlion’s presence in the group will be valuable for the club in ways we can’t just teach a new captain

It is a small part of building a dynasty , getting a list of 40 odd players , diverse in their backgrounds , all working together in harmony towards a common goal

Reactions: 9 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
I always cringe a little at the term leadership group , to me leadership is a chemistry you are born with , people are naturally drawn to someone and want to follow them

We’ve had reports of Marlion helping Stack get thru extra conditioning runs and here he is with a group doing boxing during the down period

I don’t see Marlion as a great fit for an AFL captains role with all the media involved

But I do see him being a natural mentor type with the younger indigenous boys

With his known past and the big family , rare in football circles , and his quiet ways , some of the young guys will be drawn to him

For a captain we will look elsewhere , but I get the feeling Marlion’s presence in the group will be valuable for the club in ways we can’t just teach a new captain

It is a small part of building a dynasty , getting a list of 40 odd players , diverse in their backgrounds , all working together in harmony towards a common goal
Charismatic leadership is a style, and typically innate as you say. Many other types of effective leadership can be taught.

Cotch for example is not a a charismatic leader, but a brilliant one nonetheless who has developed with the help of others over time.

Agree that Marlion with his background and story, would be an ideal mentor...

Reactions: 2 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Much lower soft cap , playing list travelling on plane and accomodation would take a huge chunk of the cap ,local would be way to go
I'd be going local, every chance of border closure at any stage & not worth the chance of being stranded, especially during a crucial time of yr for the Club

Reactions: 1 user