Training For Redemption in 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For Redemption in 2022

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
I'm intrigued as to what's on Jack Ross's arm..... motivational tatt or a couple of grocery items to collect on the way home.?
View attachment 14104
That's definitely a letter K followed by a "." near his elbow.

The words on the top line of text as "As long as you're"

The second line is too hard for my old eyes to make out.

Looks like a quote as the third line seems to be an attribution in the form of a "-" followed by someone's initials. Could be "RK" ????

*edit* I think @Quickdraw has it right. "As long as you're having fun".

Reactions: 1 user

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
That's definitely a letter K followed by a "." near his elbow.

The words on the top line of text as "As long as you're"

The second line is too hard for my old eyes to make out.

Looks like a quote as the third line seems to be an attribution in the form of a "-" followed by someone's initials. Could be "RK" ????

*edit* I think @Quickdraw has it right. "As long as you're having fun".
This could have its own thread. What's on Jack Ross' Arm?

As long as you're having fun - and getting a game?
As long as you're having fun - and being played in the midfield?
As long as you're having fun - and staying clear of George's sh!tty tatoo gun? :rotfl2

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Beautiful sunny day to watch training, I thought they might ease the boys into it but they flogged them, runnning, running and more running, closing with about 30 minutes of footy drills.
Session lasted about 140 minutes.
Besides the 1-4 year players Nank, Lynch, Short, Graham, Lambert & Broady present.

Nank, Lynch & Broady trained fully with the 1-4 year players.

Dow, Short, Lambert did a power of work away from the group, Graham slightly less.

Biggie was there for the warm up only, all the same I were surprised to see him there.

So the good is Syd was there and looked fit but running obviously is not his go, in the Shuttles which they did about 6 reps of Syd finished half to a lap behind the next slowest which was MJR, ( by lap i mean 25 to 50 meters as each shuttle consisted of 6 up & back runs of about 50m?). I am mindful that Shai and Balta are always poor at shuttles and it doesn't affect their game play or ability to get to contests but I still don't really like seeing anyone lag that far behind.
To give Syd his due he was one of the last left on the track and did some extra run throughs on his own (y) .

Most impressed with Riley, (RCD), today performing much better in the shuttles and other runs than he did last pre-season. He also stood out in some scrimmage drills and was used often and looked good in the ball movement drills. Riley and Mansell were the last two players to leave the track, the drill was Riley exploding from outside 50 delivering to Morro who was manned up by Mansell, ( a lot of work was going into this drill).

Lynch & Tarrant look in fine shape.

Cumberland was out there which was great, butchered a few kicks but.

Funny moment: MRJ went down like he'd been shot late in training, only cramp and he was attended to by the trainers who bent his foot back for about 2 minutes, he got up but the sniper got him again and the procedure repeated for another 2 minutes :) . (Poor bugger he got eased into pre-season last year he didn't know what hit him this one).

I don't know what massive transformations I were expecting in 8 weeks and didn't really get any but they were certainly put through their paces.

Oh and I can't stand Hugo's mullet, (but people might just say I'm jealous ;) :) ).

That's a wrap!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 53 users

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
I never can understand why someone on decent coin goes to Lloyd Christmas' barber for a haircut. Fair dinkum Shorty. Maybe Castagna has a pair of clippers to go with his home tatt kit.

Hang on, doesn't Short have clippers? If he does he needs to give them to his Mum. Like a toddler with scissors.
He has the same hair styling as Lurch from the Addams Family. Disturbing!

I sure won't be picking him in any dreamteams!

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Great take away from all that for mine is Nank, Tom and Broady training with the kids when they don't have to be there!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Great take away is Nank, Tom and Broady training with the kids when they don't have to be there!!
And castagna too.
senior player back earlier then expected.
Great leadership by George

Reactions: 1 users

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Thanks Caesar,

Quick question, how much size has Sampson put on? A brief glimpse in the training video looks like he has filled out impressively.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Thanks Caesar,

Quick question, how much size has Sampson put on? A brief glimpse in the training video looks like he has filled out impressively.

Samson was a player I did look out for, I would say he has put on a little weight but was not all that noticeable to me, in my initial post above I have now included the RFC training footage, you can see Samson in that at the 42 second mark doing resistant running restrained by Miller.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Chl 7 reporting on Richmond training:

"While Sydney Stack was pushed to the brink after his first session back"

Ps: The media get kicked out after the warm up :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Chl 7 reporting on Richmond training:

"While Sydney Stack was pushed to the brink after his first session back"

Ps: The media get kicked out after the warm up :ROFLMAO:
Nothing new it seems

Just want to see this kid put in the work before he comes back , Really frustrating he comes back in such bad shape constantly