Training For Redemption in 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For Redemption in 2022

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
He actually did lose 15kg
That is pretty much par for the course losing weight by eating a near non protein diet and only fruit and veges to allow his kidney to heal and minimising the workload on his uninjured one with the expected protein break down and excretion of proteins from broken down muscle tissue during his lay up.

These proteins are larger particles that can be hard on the kidneys glomerular filtration due to their size.

Muscle loss attributes to the weight loss in total kg simply because its heavier than fat.

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Main Training Today Thursday:

Casualty of the day :
Not good news potentially bad news, Grimes went down with a leg injury, (i'd guess ankle?), assisted up by trainer and initially required or was given support as he hobbled inside to take no further part:confused:

Not present : DRioli

Rehab: (once again i need to ignore what the papers say and report what i see) . As i have mentioned Dion has not been flying since a week before camp and was in rehab again today as was Lynch Kmac Lambo Graham Banks.

20 Minute Match Sim

It was the Noah Balta show up forward and also thrown into the ruck, stood on someone's head took a screamer and goaled. Another time a blistering lead and taking another strong grab out in front. Prominent around ground too, (this is all in 20 minutes mind you).
Judson Clarke : lit it up on the wing showing great signs.
Broad : Absolute rock chopped off everything.
Syd : Played well with a mark and goal.
Others that played well :
Ross Aarts Riley Shedda

Gibcus : Kept Jack goaless and kickless i think?

Positions :

As it was only 20 mins couldn't spend too much time determining otherwise I would miss the play but this is what I know.

Team 1 Fwds :

Stack Shedda Cumberland Balta Caddy George

Team 2 Fwds :

Samson Riewoldt Bakes JNR Shai Dusty

**Forwards missing through injury : Lynch
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wings :

Clarke Marlion Martyn started there can't recall the other I think Parker.

**Wingers missing through injury : Kmac
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mids :

Nank Soldo Aarts RCD Ross Dow Cotch, Sonz, (*Note: Dusty, Shai and Balta rotated in there at various stages)

**Mids missing through injury : Prestia Graham Lambert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Backs :

Miller Biggy Tarrant Mansell Tigga Broad Short Brown Gibcus Hugo

**Backs missing through absence or injury : Grimes, Drioli, Banks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is the 20 minute Match Sim summary for you folks.

PS **Hearing more whispers that we have a player in Gibcus :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 52 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Casualty of the day :
Not good news potentially bad news, Grimes went down with a leg injury, (i'd guess ankle?), assisted up by trainer and initially required or was given support as he hobbled inside to take no further part:confused:

Rehab: (once again i need to ignore what the papers and report what i see) . As i have mentioned Dion has not been flying since a week before camp and was in rehab again today as was Lynch Kmac Lambo Graham Banks.

20 Minute Match Sim

It was the Noah Balta show up forward and also thrown into the ruck, stood on someone's head took a screamer and goaled. Another time a blistering lead and taking another a strong grab out in front. Prominent around ground too, (this is all in 20 minutes mind you).
Ross Aarts Riley Shedda

Positions :

As it was only 20 mins couldn't spend too much time determining otherwise I would miss the play but this is what I know.

Team 1 Fwds :

Team 2 Fwds :

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wings :

Clarke and Marlion Martyn started there can't recall the other I think Parker.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mids :

Nank Soldo Aarts RCD Ross Dow Cotch, Sonz, (*Note: Dusty, Shai and Balta rotated in there at various stages)

Backs :

Well done Julius. 3 questions.

(1) How good is Aarts in the middle so far?
(2) Hugo backing Rio's role in defence?
(3) How bad is Grimo's injury?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Well done Julius. 3 questions.

(1) How good is Aarts in the middle so far?
(2) Hugo backing Rio's role in defence?
(3) How bad is Grimo's injury?
1) I mentioned in my report that Aarts was good today, he wouldn't be a 1st choice for me but that is because i have put a "limited footballer" label on him which could be unfair by me as he hasn't been trialed in that position.
2) Please explain question.
3) I am no medico ;) however my diagnosis's this PRE have been relatively on the mark. With Grimes I am thinking and hoping it is just an ankle sprain, (and hoping not a syndesmosis), but it's a guess so could be knee related?

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
1. How did Soldo go?
2. Is Juddy showing enough to be first 22?
3. Have Miller and Biggie progressed?
1). In a forwards vs backs drill, (which still involved all players), Soldo did an outstanding bit of play and goaled from about 50, travelling nicely.
2) As for Juddy, on earlier training sessions he could be Nathan Brown on today's session he could be Andrew Gaff and our recruiters got him to be the next Kane Lambert, I think he is doing ok;) :mhihi.
3) Between Gibcus Miller Biggie Tarrant & Grimes the coaches must think there is some progression in them as everything so far is pointing to Noah playing forward?

Reactions: 9 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
3) Between Gibcus Miller Biggie Tarrant & Grimes the coaches must think there is some progression in them as everything so far is pointing to Noah playing forward?
How good would it be if Miller stepped up to the plate and became a senior regular?
Gives us so many more options.
It’s your time to grab it with both hands Funky

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
How good would it be if Miller stepped up to the plate and became a senior regular?
Gives us so many more options.
It’s your time to grab it with both hands Funky
Still a sizeable if but yes it would be massive, Balta looked a star forward out there today

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
1) I mentioned in my report that Aarts was good today, he wouldn't be a 1st choice for me but that is because i have put a "limited footballer" label on him which could be unfair by me as he hasn't been trialed in that position.
2) Please explain question.
3) I am no medico ;) however my diagnosis's this PRE have been relatively on the mark. With Grimes I am thinking and hoping it is just an ankle sprain, (and hoping not a syndesmosis), but it's a guess so could be knee related?
Thanks Julius. (2) What's Hugo doing in defence? Back up for what Rio does?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Jack says Teague has brought in some 'offensive flair' to the team. This will be good to see.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Jackmond speaks like a coach. Wouldn't be surprised seeing him become one of our assistants when he retires.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

Casualty of the day :

Rehab: (once again i need to ignore what the papers say and report what i see) . As i have mentioned Dion has not been flying since a week before camp and was in rehab again today as was Lynch Kmac Lambo Graham Banks.

20 Minute Match Sim

It was the Noah Balta show up forward and also thrown into the ruck, stood on someone's head took a screamer and goaled. Another time a blistering lead and taking another strong grab out in front. Prominent around ground too, (this is all in 20 minutes mind you).
Ross Aarts Riley Shedda

Positions :

Team 1 Fwds :

Team 2 Fwds :

Wings :

Clarke Marlion Martyn started there can't recall the other I think Parker.

Mids :

Backs :

How did you man Tom Brown go?

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Jackmond speaks like a coach. Wouldn't be surprised seeing him become one of our assistants when he retires.
I reckon when Jack retires, Nick will find his first name missing off his Fox dressing room door having been replaced by ....... J ⛤⛤⛤....!

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I reckon when Jack retires, Nick will find his first name missing off his Fox dressing room door having been replaced by ....... J ⛤⛤⛤....!
Jack will walk into any media role he wants but Nick's pretty good too. Odds-on they have a show together, I reckon.

Reactions: 7 users