Training For Redemption in 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For Redemption in 2022

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
There are plenty of very knowledgeable posters on PRE and I wonder if anyone knows the origin of the term "root"?
Reason I ask is I was telling a joke to a Yank (who has become a great mate), and I referred to "root" as part of telling the joke.
He asked "what does root mean?" I explained what it was but couldn't answer his next question about why we call it that.

Any thoughts? :unsure:
depends on where you are in the world
in parts of the US doesn't mean barracking or cheering for ?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Today, (Tuesday), was basically just a warm down session despite TV crews being there to see Dusty's big return to contact work, (they didn't get it :) ), but I reported here Dusty was doing contact work before they headed off to camp :clap2 .

Anyway as i said it wasn't what I would call training but all the above camp absentee's were present amongst the group today.

Not worth commenting who was doing something and who was not I'll leave that till Thursday.

Tim Watson Chl 7 upcoming sports news : "Dusty back in full flight", (more like 1st gear :mhihi, today anyway). 2 weeks behind the real news cycle.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Article in the Hun saying Dusty lost 15 kg's, it won't be long until they're saying he lost 20 kg's.

Dustin Martin had lost a whopping 15 kilograms after his kidney blow, and the club have shared his progress. Plus, injury latest on Tom Lynch, Jack Graham and more.​

Richmond star Dustin Martin is back to his usual playing weight and has been cleared to return to full contact training almost seven months after suffering a lacerated kidney.
Martin lost about 15kg after being injured in a collision with Brisbane’s Mitch Robinson in Round 18 last year, but has put the weight back on after a bumper summer on the track and in the gym.
Martin has been completing most of the work on the track with the Tigers’ main group for the past three weeks, but is being integrated back into full contact work this week as preparations ramp up ahead of pre-season matches in early March.

“He’ll be available to play all of those games,” Richmond Physical Performance Manager Peter Burge told News Corp.

“He’s back to his usual playing weight but the main thing is his strength and power markers in the gym. That’s what we’re looking at and typically they line up with his weight being around the same it’s been for the last five or six years.

“Everything’s pretty normal with Dustin right now. He has done a lot of hard work. It’s the hard work here but it’s also the work he does outside as well. He’s got some pretty strong routines.”

Tigers key forward Tom Lynch has been recovering from a hamstring injury in recent weeks and is “not far off” a return to training.

Kane Lambert is continuing to manage lingering hip issues, while fellow midfielder Jack Graham is managing a back and hamstring issue.

Burge said 2019 best and fairest Dion Prestia had had his best pre-season with the club after being hampered by soft tissue injuries which have restricted him to 18 games across the past two years.

“Last October or November he set out to really get some work into himself so when he came back he was well ahead of everyone else,” Burge said of Prestia.

“He couldn’t have gone about it any better, to be honest. He had a real determination in his pre-Christmas stuff to give himself every chance and give himself every chance with his work on the track and in the gym as well. There’s some things we have altered with his gym program to try and prevent some of the issues he’s had the last year or two. But if you just get some continuity through December and January it really does set you up to play more games.”

Reactions: 7 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Article in the Hun saying Dusty lost 15 kg's, it won't be long until they're saying he lost 20 kg's.

Dustin Martin had lost a whopping 15 kilograms after his kidney blow, and the club have shared his progress. Plus, injury latest on Tom Lynch, Jack Graham and more.​

Richmond star Dustin Martin is back to his usual playing weight and has been cleared to return to full contact training almost seven months after suffering a lacerated kidney.
Martin lost about 15kg after being injured in a collision with Brisbane’s Mitch Robinson in Round 18 last year, but has put the weight back on after a bumper summer on the track and in the gym.
Martin has been completing most of the work on the track with the Tigers’ main group for the past three weeks, but is being integrated back into full contact work this week as preparations ramp up ahead of pre-season matches in early March.

“He’ll be available to play all of those games,” Richmond Physical Performance Manager Peter Burge told News Corp.

“He’s back to his usual playing weight but the main thing is his strength and power markers in the gym. That’s what we’re looking at and typically they line up with his weight being around the same it’s been for the last five or six years.

“Everything’s pretty normal with Dustin right now. He has done a lot of hard work. It’s the hard work here but it’s also the work he does outside as well. He’s got some pretty strong routines.”

Tigers key forward Tom Lynch has been recovering from a hamstring injury in recent weeks and is “not far off” a return to training.

Kane Lambert is continuing to manage lingering hip issues, while fellow midfielder Jack Graham is managing a back and hamstring issue.

Burge said 2019 best and fairest Dion Prestia had had his best pre-season with the club after being hampered by soft tissue injuries which have restricted him to 18 games across the past two years.

“Last October or November he set out to really get some work into himself so when he came back he was well ahead of everyone else,” Burge said of Prestia.

“He couldn’t have gone about it any better, to be honest. He had a real determination in his pre-Christmas stuff to give himself every chance and give himself every chance with his work on the track and in the gym as well. There’s some things we have altered with his gym program to try and prevent some of the issues he’s had the last year or two. But if you just get some continuity through December and January it really does set you up to play more games.”

He actually did lose 15kg

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
depends on where you are in the world
in parts of the US doesn't mean barracking or cheering for ?
Always makes me laugh when I hear about septics rooting for someone else when here it's all about yourself actually rooting someone. Must have something to do with their war of independence. Not only did they get separation from the Poms, they also invented another language at the same time.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

Interesting, someone convinced me that Graham's hamstring was fine so I retracted my track diagnosis yet here it confirms Graham is managing a back and hamstring issue.
Prestia I did say was looking great but viewed his recent absence and managed sessions as a setback I am ecstatic that the above report proves otherwise. :clap2
Lambo issues explained, but he did do a couple of footy drills in the last session before camp so will be interesting Thursday to see where he is at.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Keeps the external focus off you, keeps the message positive for the fan base for membership sales, takes a bit of external pressure off the guys who are injured and just generally keeps things upbeat.

But there probably isn't anything super significant about it, sometimes you just can't be arsed taking the journos through every little detail.
Probably stops them speculating etc for weeks on end about it as well.

Reactions: 1 user

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Interesting, someone convinced me that Graham's hamstring was fine so I retracted my track diagnosis yet here it confirms Graham is managing a back and hamstring issue.
Prestia I did say was looking great but viewed his recent absence and managed sessions as a setback I am ecstatic that the above report proves otherwise. :clap2
Lambo issues explained, but he did do a couple of footy drills in the last session before camp so will be interesting Thursday to see where he is at.
They could just be behind & i am sure the Club won't be feeding any info on it, tho if the Club is saying he's fine, if he's not it mustn't be too bad & they can get away with it. If he is fine then even better. Given the upcoming (at the time) camp they could have just finished him up to prevent a last min injury popping up & give him a break etc. As u said above we'll know more on thursday

Reactions: 1 user

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Just a guess but i think the reporting might possibly change a little this year, with Covid and how the American sports are rotating players etc..

Probably talking about availability rather than deep dive into individual issues as much, also think this is a byproduct of the reduced administration at club land.

tigers1980

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 24, 2012
Given the issues with Lambo's hips, it would not surprise me if we see a premature retirement as early as this year.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
hail Caesar and hail the dedication of Dusty and Peter Burge and Co.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users