Training For Redemption in 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For Redemption in 2022

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
Main Training Today:

Graham :
Trained fully
Shai : Seems to be getting managed week to week didn't really do any footy drills today and was on the periphery and then some time in conditioning/rehab.
Rioli : Another that didn't do much today but not in rehab at all.
Soldo: Most of the session was spent forward.
Stack and Gibcus : Put on a show on the speccy bag, I gave the points to Syd though.
Miller : Clunking his marks which was my number one want from him, (seems high on confidence at the moment).
Biggie : Was an absentee today.

Mate`: I was surprised that he participated in 100% of drills with main group and then a bit more work after too. Seemed to move pretty well for his size and ok below his knees. He is not a jumper and struggled a bit with getting elevation on the impact bag in both rucking and marking. He is not a clunker when it comes to marking and has poor technique on occasions, (hands facing down), Ivvy took him aside to give him a masterclass in how to position his hands.
Kicking a bit stilted and goal kicking from 30 meters out from about 10 shots resulted in 3.5 and 2 out the full.

Even though some of the things I mentioned sound negative I walked away thinking there is something to work with.
**Then got home and heard Dimma's presser where he mentioned Mate` and you could see Dimma dreaming if only he could have the same trajectory as Soldo. Even said he could play VFL as early as this week o_O which would be a pleasant surprise but I reckon they might give him an extra week or two to upskill?
Rioli looked like he was struggling in the last
few minutes against Essendon.
Hopefully he’s okay.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
How was Balta today and Lynch caesar ?.
Balta ran heaps of laps/straight lines and some backward and forward shuttles between cones but no kicking yet.
Lynch walked some laps and then a lot of straight line running.
Going by the various comments by Dimma and Peter Burge it sounds like Balta will be available straight after bye and Lynch the week after.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Watching Colina’s basketball highlights there were a lot of lay ups and no dunks. So I would think from that he doesn’t have much of a leap at all.

It sounds like from his interview with a Hawaiin dude he is a very decent runner. Being a basketballer he should have good agility. I expect over time his skills should be pretty sound including ball handling. So we should get height + weight + (for a big guy)skill + agility + speed & endurance. But we probably don’t get the skyscraping leap.
Sounds more Pendelbury than Cox...

jack zoot

Tiger Cub
Dec 24, 2005
A question for ceaser,,we have a reserves match coming up after the bye,
On the 8th may at punt rd oval at 7,35 pm,,,do we have adequate lighting
For night games?? , last time we played at night a few years ago the lighting was terrible
Hopefully it has improved,,,thanks

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
A question for ceaser,,we have a reserves match coming up after the bye,
On the 8th may at punt rd oval at 7,35 pm,,,do we have adequate lighting
For night games?? , last time we played at night a few years ago the lighting was terrible
Hopefully it has improved,,,thanks
They had portable lighting in for that game. At some sthe the lighting overloaded the circuits and shut down. Its a shame we dont have enough lights on the existing towers to cater night games. Not sure if there is any more capacity for more lights on the poles or they will address this as part of the rebuild.

Reactions: 1 user

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
They had portable lighting in for that game. At some sthe the lighting overloaded the circuits and shut down. Its a shame we dont have enough lights on the existing towers to cater night games. Not sure if there is any more capacity for more lights on the poles or they will address this as part of the rebuild.
the Tiger Army and their phones to the rescue

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
The Good Oil : Captains Run this morning :

I think I counted only 23 out there today when you usually have a couple of extras that would include a couple of would be emergencies so assuming that is the the exact squad this is my team :

**Note: Balta, Hugo, Clarke, Lambert, Shai trained forward and Gibcus & Tarrant back.

**There was no sign of JNR, Castagna, Ross.

Baker Tarrant Grimes
Tigga Gibcus DRioli
KMac Short Pickett
Lambert Balta Shai
Dusty Riewoldt Shedda

Followers: Nank, Prestia, Cotch

Interchange: Soldo, Broad , Graham Hugo

Medi sub: Judson Clark

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Tigga let it slip apparently too that Noah will be forward this week :mhihi.

But Caesar all over it beforehand.

Reactions: 2 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Thanks Julius. Pretty happy with your side and also that ultimately chosen.
GREAT that Clarke is getting a chance, although I thought that opportunity might go to the Sonse.
Tarrant entitled to another chance but if he doesn't do well in a game we are expected to win, I don't think we will see him against the Blues.
Shedda also.

tigers1980

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 24, 2012
Thanks Julius. Pretty happy with your side and also that ultimately chosen.
GREAT that Clarke is getting a chance, although I thought that opportunity might go to the Sonse.
Tarrant entitled to another chance but if he doesn't do well in a game we are expected to win, I don't think we will see him against the Blues.
Shedda also.
After what I saw in magoos tonight there wasn’t one player demanding senior selection.