Training For Redemption in 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For Redemption in 2022

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
add goal kicking mid to that too :)
So encouraging.
Clarke and Blaire have both previously stated they rate him very highly.
At some stage you’ve got to trust their judgment.
I was a huge wrap for him in his draft year. I’d love nothing better than to see him fulfil his potential

Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
How's he looking there @caesar. ..... nice and svelte or borderline John Daly?

Caddy is Caddy and looks like treacle compared to the other young bucks running around. Attitude wise he was giving good instruction/tutoring to a couple of young blokes in a body positioning marking drill

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
You might need a trained eye but I think he has, still Giraffe like but he was 96kg when drafted so no lightweight.
Take him down to the London and get some parmas into him Caesar.
Have a couple yourself whilst you’re at it!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
Training today and the balls came out to play:

Only addition today to training group was Caddy.

Biggie out there trained fully and well.

Will Martyn absent today.

Dow & Graham not with main group but doing Rehab? management program?, plenty of laps.

Liveliest Parker

RCD & Syd looking super with ball in hand and delivery.

Liking Sampson today, some super impressive below the knees work for a bean stalk.

Ross solid.

Missing targets were Junior and Cumberland, some butchered passes between the two of them.

Nank and Lynch great shape in fact I am calling Nank best ever shape.

At the end of session Bakes Cumberland Riley Syd MRJ Mansell Aarts in a group ran 3 laps Bakes was in there as the pacesetter, anyway Riley and Bakes finished a fair way ahead of the rest and a long way ahead of some. Riley busting a gut with Bakes yelling out let's go let's go, Riley really impressing.

That's the wrap for the week, hopefully some new recruits to run the eye over next week.
Any news on Balta? There is a lot riding on his ankle/knee getting back to 100%. His ability to get back his agility is critical to us this year

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Any news on Balta? There is a lot riding on his ankle/knee getting back to 100%. His ability to get back his agility is critical to us this year
His ankle/knee back to 100%
I’m more worried about his organs after contracting Covid

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Dow & Graham not with main group but doing Rehab? management program?, plenty of laps.

Liveliest Parker

Liking Sampson today, some super impressive below the knees work for a bean stalk.

Ross solid.

Missing targets were Junior and Cumberland, some butchered passes between the two of them.

At the end of session Bakes Cumberland Riley Syd MRJ Mansell Aarts in a group ran 3 laps Bakes was in there as the pacesetter, anyway Riley and Bakes finished a fair way ahead of the rest and a long way ahead of some. Riley busting a gut with Bakes yelling out let's go let's go, Riley really impressing.

That's the wrap for the week, hopefully some new recruits to run the eye over next week.

Thanks for another great update Caesar,

If Riley has the tank to jump into the midfield full time this year, it could be that game changer that we need. Hopefully another mid can also step up then we could really start that transition from our premiership team towards our next premiership team whilst competing at the top of the ladder.

Reactions: 1 user

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013

Liveliest Parker

Ross solid.

In Caesar we trust.

Love your work.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011

Liveliest Parker

Ross solid.

This is so exciting reading Riley may finally have a decent fitness base...

• Love

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
This is so exciting reading Riley may finally have a decent fitness base...

Still don't expect massive 2 way running or the defensive running that some are demanding it will still be gradual improvements as far as tank goes but to me it appears to be his biggest improvement in this area to date.
I see Riley being more as a coalface winning beast who uses his hands to distribute or can explode away from the stoppage himself in the Danger mold and goal on the run. Hopefully he learns to be damaging resting forward as well.
There are stars of the game that are not great defensive runners let alone willing to lay a tackle, (and Riley does tackle).
By the way Riley doesn't need to be a star of the game although it would be nice we just need him to become an important cog in our new gen midfield, (look elsewhere for your Prestia clone).

Reactions: 7 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

Liveliest Parker

Ross solid.

Thanks Caesar
Lots of good news there and I loved your take on Nank too.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Wrapt to hear the positive reports on RCD. He's the one we really need to take that next step in 2022 and become a regular on-baller. Ideally he becomes our Cotchin replacement - not quite like for like skill-wise, but he is a big lad with good skills who can smash into packs. Just need him to get fitter so he can run out a full game.

Roksman

Tiger Rookie
Feb 12, 2020
Here's a bit of goss.

Noah's brother Patrick is training with our VFL side.

Spoiler alert: He's the tallest one in the photo.

That's all I have for now but I'll share more as it comes to hand - you'll see my track record when it comes to the Croatian boys.

Attachments

• 20211126_183430.jpg
    20211126_183430.jpg
    454.7 KB · Views: 122
Reactions: 14 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Here's a bit of goss.

Noah's brother Patrick is training with our VFL side.

Spoiler alert: He's the tallest one in the photo.

That's all I have for now but I'll share more as it comes to hand - you'll see my track record when it comes to the Croatian boys.
11 a side footy, with what looks like a goalkeeper. Scott must be trailing his "innovations". :giggle: