Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

Training report.
The Defensive group had the session off after keeping us in the game last week.
Lambert was running with the ball, not like thurzdey night.
Jack is practising kicking goals from 35 out. He has made the distance only twice.
Stack was walking laps, couldn't be bothered running them.
Short was arrested during the session, apparently for impersonating a defender.
Broad was missing, he was looking for his ribs.
More to come.....
Copywood taking notes to implement our idea's again?

Tuezdey training report.
Cold, dewy conditions.
*Caddy is looking fit and firing and should be really to go by September.
*Pickett trained with the reserves group, he is feeling right at home.
*Stack is still walking laps.
*Cotchin looks very unhappy. Apparently no Gel.
*Balta and soldo were wrestling in the goal square, with soldo coming off the fence, with a flying elbow.
*Grimes sat out the session, and played darts in the rooms, with Charlie Cameron as the bullseye.
*Rioli and Jack went to the sherrin factory to see what a sheerin feels like.
*Lynch & Prestia have asked to be traded back to GC.
More to come....

Reactions: 2 users
Tuezdey training report.
Cold, dewy conditions.
*Caddy is looking fit and firing and should be really to go by September.
*Pickett trained with the reserves group, he is feeling right at home.
*Stack is still walking laps.
*Cotchin looks very unhappy. Apparently no Gel.
*Balta and soldo were wrestling in the goal square, with soldo coming off the fence, with a flying elbow.
*Grimes sat out the session, and played darts in the rooms, with Charlie Cameron as the bullseye.
*Rioli and Jack went to the sherrin factory to see what a sheerin feels like.
*Lynch & Prestia have asked to be traded back to GC.
More to come....
I'm not a medical professional but I think you may need to up the dosage.
;)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Can we have a Zips Training thread separate to this one? Seeing new posts in this thread is always exciting. Last two days it's been depressing

Reactions: 8 users
Training today:

Despite my urging for Stack to be dropped he was training with the probables in defense;)

Bake's was not there but a little birdie told me he should be back from WA in time to play?.

Caddy completed full session as did Lynch.

That's about all you need to know folks.

Reactions: 24 users
Training today:

Despite my urging for Stack to be dropped he was training with the probables in defense;)

Bake's was not there but a little birdie told me he should be back from WA in time to play?.

How is your apprentice Zips going Caesar?
Any chance you can trust him with your binoculars sometime soon?
He’s going by “feel” at the moment. Apparently no hands can be seen above the fence line

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Will say Caddy looked sharp today , kicking either foot . It would be a matter of fitness loads if he plays or not . We needs to keep in mind also that some players played minimal time last week eg Pickett so sacrifice to say Marlion should be able to handle heavy loads this week , so therefore Caddy could be used minimal as was Pickett with 50 mins last week

Reactions: 9 users
He’s going by “feel” at the moment. Apparently no hands can be seen above the fence line

Yeah!!!

I doubt Zipps would come anywhere near Punt Road training, from memory Zipps was outraged that RFC did not roll out the red carpet for him and his boys and grant them access to watch a "CLOSED' training session that he hasn't been back since? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Training today:

Thanks caesar. Good news on Caddy and Lynch.

Were they practising ball movement into fwd 50 today? If so, did it look any better?

Thanks caesar. Good news on Caddy and Lynch.

Were they practising ball movement into fwd 50 today? If so, did it look any better?

Forward entry is always one of the drills practised and today looked no better or worse than any other session, i am treating Thursday night as an aberration.

Am glad there is no Jeremy Howe confronting us this week, that was an awesome display of marking by him not allowing us to bring it to ground, although our small fwds were non-existent last week except for Shai who was good again :)

Plenty of spark out there today so hopefully we are on from the outset on Thurs like round 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users

I was going to training when ceasar
I doubt Zipps would come anywhere near Punt Road training, from memory Zipps was outraged that RFC did not roll out the red carpet for him and his boys and grant them access to watch a "CLOSED' training session that he hasn't been back since? :)

Very good Caesar
Not like the old days.

Very good little Caesar
Not like the old days.

Forward entry is always one of the drills practised and today looked no better or worse than any other session, i am treating Thursday night as an aberration.

Am glad there is no Jeremy Howe confronting us this week, that was an awesome display of marking by him not allowing us to bring it to ground, although our small fwds were non-existent last week except for Shai who was good again :)

Plenty of spark out there today so hopefully we are on from the outset on Thurs like round 1.
Sicily likely to play the Howe role this week. We need a plan to counter that.