Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Rest Grimesy. Too valuable a player at the pointy end of the season.
I'm sure the rehab staff will only let him play if he's close to 100%.
Can't see the Club risking him at this stage of proceedings.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Grimes is that important. Hope he’s right to play.
Big game for Cotch this too. Needs to be going flat out with that hamstring. Can’t take him into a finals series under a cloud.

That they’ve both been named I can only assume they’re 100% right to play. They won’t be playing silly buggers at this late stage.

What we don’t want are any other injuries from this game. (touch wood).

Reactions: 1 user

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I don't think re-injury is the risk with Grimes. If he's mobile enough on the day then he plays. If he's going to be a Lloyd Liability this week then he doesn't.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Reports are that Grimes wont play.
Huge loss.
I don't want that show bag Cameron torching us tommorow.
I would bring in Townsend just to knock him out.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
If there is no risk to further damage it - Jab him and get him the hell out there. Two weeks to put the feet up.

A top four spot and double chance is on the line - that’s a risk worth taking in my opinion.

....lucky I’m not in charge haha!!

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
If there is no structural damage they'll strap it up tight and give it a jab.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Grimes must play. Not just to stop Cameron but he is integral to our structure down back.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
If there is no structural damage they'll strap it up tight and give it a jab.

Always amazes me how they can play after that
An old fashioned ankle twist or sprain is a bloody painful injury and the thought of running and jumping and dodging and weaving gives me the heebie jeebies
Guess that’s what makes these blokes so special.
Go Grimsey!

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Dylan in his gear last seen signing autographs and getting selfies
Headed back in to rooms...
Dunno, looked ok
The plot thickens!

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Open training session today, i will let Caesar give full report as i could only stay for 20 minutes.

Grimes & Prestia walking laps, all others training except those playing in the VFL tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Open training session today, i will let Caesar give full report as i could only stay for 20 minutes.

Grimes & Prestia walking laps, all others training except those playing in the VFL tomorrow.

Grimes needs some time off, the weight of the medals around his neck, has him completely bugged

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Was Stack out there Boss?

came out late with Rance, didn't train just walked around.
I will say that his limp today was significantly less than when i saw him earlier this week, but still a long shot to get back into the seniors imo

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

Basically a Captain's Run and not a proper training session so nothing further to report, what will be of note going into next week will be the watch on Prestia after reports last week that he pulled up with achilles soreness. Seeing him only walking today keeps that intrigue.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Basically a Captain's Run and not a proper training session so nothing further to report, what will be of note going into next week will be the watch on Prestia after reports last week that he pulled up with achilles soreness. Seeing him only walking today keeps that intrigue.

Anyone remotely sore would understandably have a very light week.
Do you know their training schedule for next week Caesar?
The boys will probably be around tomorrow watching the VFL so may get a chance to ask a couple how they’re travelling. Dion and Kane always up for a chat