Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Gives me no pleasure to be proven correct on Nank, HS reporting he is out, the real concern now is he only sore or is there more to it? A few of the boys shouted out encouragement to Nank as he jogged and walked laps today at training, was that just jovial banter or some consoling voices?

*smile*.

well he can have 3 weeks off before finals.

definitely concerning, but I reckon Choldo is good enough to win the flag.

Hickey/Vardy are hardly a colossal duo

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
For some reason I feel more assured with the giant balkan in the ruck. Must be the mo.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Nank injury is apparently back related. That’s what the news reported.

I call BS, looked groin/abductor related to me, I have doubts on Nanks season but then why would they have named him in the initial squad of 26 if it was a recurrence?
I'll buy their 'sore' story for now but won't be surprised at all if there is worse news to come.

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Main training today there is only 2 people of interest:

Cotch: Trained well so barring any hammy awareness should play.

Grimes: I re-listened to Peter Burge's injury report earlier in the week saying they anticipated Dylan doing some training later in the week. Well all he did today was SLOWLY jog a couple of 1/4 laps and basically jogged through a few cones and was all done after 20 minutes so that was certainly not football training.
If i had rocked up not knowing the nature of his injury I would say no chance, that it is an ankle with no structural damage supposedly and just a swelling issue will probably still be named in side and given every chance.

Reactions: 12 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Grimes: I re-listened to Peter Burge's injury report earlier in the week saying they anticipated Dylan doing some training later in the week. Well all he did today was SLOWLY jog a couple of 1/4 laps and basically jogged through a few cones and was all done after 20 minutes so that was certainly not football training.
If i had rocked up not knowing the nature of his injury I would say no chance, that it is an ankle with no structural damage supposedly and just a swelling issue will probably still be named in side and given every chance.

Thanks Dr Caesar.
Why would they risk further injury, rest him. Give him 2 weeks off ready for our first final.
Bring in Balta and tell Big V to play the Grimes role.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Reckon balta comes in for grimes and cotch for ross

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006

Thanks, did Nank train?

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
True. I'd let Vloss do Grimo's job and bring Balta in for defence.
Vloss can't do Grimes' job this week. Grimes is needed for Cameron. Vloss is a champ but not quick enough for Cameron in the white hot form he's currently displaying. And Cameron would most likely torch our other defenders.

We're favourites this week and should win but are by no means certainties. We need to win to guarantee top 4; no Grimes makes that task more difficult.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Thanks, did Nank train?
Re-hab running only, interestingly in a Hardwick press conference/article he said they are no closer to working out his issue. I would just start thinking we have to win the GF without him and if he gets back it's a bonus.

TV Josh

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2005
Melbourne, VIC
Great work as usual Ceasar, thanks.

My preference would be to rest Grimes, if the injury is such that doing so would have him right for the finals. Without knowing the full nature and extent of his injury, I just can't tell if that is what would be achieved with a two week rest. Maybe it is the sort of injury where it's not going to get better or worse with rest, so just play him. Dunno.