Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Mighta been a typo, or a sub conscious entering of what I'm thinking when people start pushing the too much meat = bad n green leafy things are nom agenda :))
Every time I go to the doctors, n my previous one retired recently so I've had to start off with training up a newbie. They do all the tests n steal copious amounts of claret from my arm. Then they tell me I'm fightin fit n healthy n I have their permission to keep doing exactly what I'm doin for as long as I like. Get home n the missus starts carpin at me that I eat too much, way to much junk food n I need to give the grog a rest. Stupid woman, I keep telling her the doc's love how healthy I am n I'm not listening to her. I'm happy to take the experts advice on these matters.

TM, I learnt a long time ago, medicine is not an exact science. Doctors often use educated guesses to give advice. Blood tests don't always tell the true story. I know of people showing up as very healthy with normal blood tests find out later on their arteries are shot. I've seen youngish people seemingly healthy have a stroke. Obesity is a REAL problem in today's society and no doctor should ever say keep eating as much as you like of whatever you like. I personally am not an advocate of a vegan lifestyle. I like my meat and I think it plays an important part of dietary needs but like anything it's all about moderation. The problem with today's world is it is like a competition for who can offer the biggest meal. When you go to a pub and order a parmigiana or a steak and that massive piece of meat comes out and everyone yells out wow that's the biggest parma I've ever seen, I'm coming back here, what do you think is going to happen long-term to our bodies? We eat way too much. I remember going to Asia for a month and eating differently. When I came back I couldn't eat half of that parma that I could before I left. My stomach had shrunk. Food can be like a drug. Obesity is the largest cost to our health system.

You may get through life without too many problems but go to a heart or stroke rehab centre and talk to people and I promise you'll have a totally different outlook on life. What you do now can have a big impact on your future. Life is precious and it is so easy for one's fortunes to turn on a dime. Age has made me acutely aware of this. I used to be indestructible when I was younger, very fit, but I ate badly. Had a few issues of recent times.

Enough of the lecture, this is the training thread. :p

Reactions: 3 users

TGM

Tiger Rookie
Apr 6, 2009
The trouble is they are clueless and way to idealistic.
I have a friend who put out a Facebook post the other day saying wouldn't it be nice if all animals were freed and people changed to a plant based diet. I said to him, what would you do with the farm animals.? There might be 50 million farm animals in Australia and if farmers are producing plants only, where do the farm animals go. It would be an environmental disaster for national parks etc if cows sheep goats and pigs just roamed free.
I think he thought farmers would just let the animals continue feeding on their livelihood because plants come from the supermarket not a farm....

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Jainism ehh?

Buckley fails on item 3 and I would reckon item 4.....watching Dusty do his thing puts me out of the running too!
  • Nonviolence (Ahimsa) - not to cause harm to any living beings.
  • Truthfulness (Satya) - to speak the harmless truth only.
  • Non-stealing (Asteya) - not to take anything not properly given.
  • Chastity (Brahmacharya) - not to indulge in sensual pleasure.

Reactions: 1 user

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Jainism ehh?

Buckley fails on item 3 and I would reckon item 4.....watching Dusty do his thing puts me out of the running too!

I am now visualising Buckley entering the g at half time wearing a veil to stop him inhaling insects and causing them senseless harm while a couple of runners sweep the ground in front of him to ensure the safety of all entities.....

• Haha

TGM

Tiger Rookie
Apr 6, 2009
Boys did 3km time trial on Saturday but no results given, mustn't have been any PB's;), either that or we don't have to sell fluff pieces to the media and members to get us all board the Tiggy Train.
Hi Caesar
Can you tell me how you watch closed training sessions? I'm thinking about driving down from central Victoria on Tuesday to give my son a look. I'm not going to bother though if I can't see anything. Thanks in advance.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Hi Caesar
Can you tell me how you watch closed training sessions? I'm thinking about driving down from central Victoria on Tuesday to give my son a look. I'm not going to bother though if I can't see anything. Thanks in advance.

file.png

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Caesar's advice has been to take your membership card to show to security so they won't move you on.

Caesar also takes a 5-ft tall man along to give him a piggyback so he can see at a larger man's height.

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
i

If you are talking Tuesday 17th Dec there is a joint AFLW & AFL OPEN training session from 5:30-6:30pm. **Note these are no more than meet and greet sessions if that still interests you?

The serious stuff will be Monday & Thursday starting at about 9:30. Wouldn't surprised if they had a run tomorrow also?

Jetboy

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2010
Melbourne.....sometimes Broome
Hi Caesar

TGM, not only will you be able to watch the “closed “ training session as per explained (watch from the fence), but if you aren’t time limited, there’s a good chance that you’ll be able to get a pic or two with some of the players as they leav3 the ground after the session.....
I was at the Superstore today, and after parking in the small car park next to the ground, I ran into at least a dozen of the players who were making their way to their cars as I walked to the store.....all of them said gday, and were quite approachable....

Reactions: 1 users

smokin joe

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 11, 2004
Saw the boys running around Yarra Park and the G yesterday In groups of about 5
All the newbies together along with Short who was really battling to keep up
Martyn out front of them all
Out of all the newbies he looks the one to have an impact early

All these boys a good height was surprised of the size of them
Martyn looks ready to go .
George Markov and RCD together

RCD look to be struggling to keep up with the other two such a big kid doesn’t look a natural runner to me
Wish Markov could play like he
looks physically super fit
Jack out front of Chol giving it to him to keep up I was laughing
Cheers

Reactions: 5 users

TGM

Tiger Rookie
Apr 6, 2009
i

If you are talking Tuesday 17th Dec there is a joint AFLW & AFL OPEN training session from 5:30-6:30pm. **Note these are no more than meet and greet sessions if that still interests you?

The serious stuff will be Monday & Thursday starting at about 9:30. Wouldn't surprised if they had a run tomorrow also?

No worries. I might try to get there Thursday. Thanks for everyone's help.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Saw the boys running around Yarra Park and the G yesterday In groups of about 5
All the newbies together along with Short who was really battling to keep up
Martyn out front of them all
Out of all the newbies he looks the one to have an impact early

All these boys a good height was surprised of the size of them
Martyn looks ready to go .
George Markov and RCD together

RCD look to be struggling to keep up with the other two such a big kid doesn’t look a natural runner to me
Wish Markov could play like he
looks physically super fit
Jack out front of Chol giving it to him to keep up I was laughing
Cheers

Yep there was a 90 minute training session yesterday and rather doing their running on PRO the boys must have broken into groups and do some running in Yarra Park, Taz & I saw Lynch, Flossy Daniel & MRJ heading out for a run.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
the trouble with the Vegan movement is the lines are blurred between it and animal activism ...
It’s a political movement as much as a way to eat. It’s the little brother to climate change activists thus they always waffle on that meat is bad for the environment like they did in The Game Changers.
as my dear Mum always says “have you ever seen a healthy vegan?”

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
as my dear Mum always says “have you ever seen a healthy vegan?”

hahaha.

I must admit I know of one extreme healthy vegan. He's our local PCYC boxing coach and he's 55 and looks 35 and is one tough little *smile*.

but he also doesn't touch a drop of booze, which leaves the experiment entirely uncontrolled.

I've got nothing against vegans, as long as they don't try serve me an avocado cake or something.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
I always like to take the fossil fuel based clothing debate right to them swiftly followed by an uppercut embellished with something about how Jainists are so much purer than them. Oh that stings their holy egos. :)
the Jain argument is perfect FB.. get those face masks on !

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
The problem is going to be with how to deal with all those rampaging Jainists when they get upset with sourdough culture abuse and start burning artisan bakeries and organic tempeh factories.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Jainism ehh?

FMD. Is there any point to these people existing?

Reactions: 1 users