Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Apparently it is one big advert for James Cameron and his wife's business, most of the stars appearing in the doco were also stake holders.

Seems to be a big con job.

Reactions: 1 user

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
I think Dusty must have watched The Game Changers on Netflix.

Well worth a watch.

You might want to watch these as well - some interesting analysis of the Game Changers and puts a lot in perspective.

Tigerhealer

I'm a llama!
Sep 7, 2003
Apparently it is one big advert for James Cameron and his wife's business, most of the stars appearing in the doco were also stake holders.

Seems to be a big con job.
it is mate, its a growing business for Cameron, billions
all of the "facts" in game changers were questionable at best

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I'm confident he'll be fit and firing when the season starts. Personally, I have empathy for the huge appetite of a powerfully-built, 100kg, 20 year-old young man bursting with strength, energy, testosterone and working out 4/5 hours a day generally.
Looking like you are about to come out

• Haha

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Boys did 3km time trial on Saturday but no results given, mustn't have been any PB's;), either that or we don't have to sell fluff pieces to the media and members to get us all board the Tiggy Train.
Ralphsmith was extremely impressive

Reactions: 2 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
So that really happened? Dusty didn’t make AA? Feel like I’m being gaslit.
He didn't make AA. I agree, it is just incredibly ridiculous. All the AFL boys club selectors realised as much about a week after the team, but hoped nobody would notice. Caro the only media person who mocked them. And she mocked them ruthlessly.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
On the development front, a little birdie told me that on the VFL front the Club wanted to go younger next year, (which was at odds with his opinion), with the likes of JB, Sillver, Towner, Menadue etc moved on the draftees and younger players will need to play a bigger role.
Interesting considering things had been working so well with that program.
I think when you've got players like Ross, RCD, Martyn, etc, there's no point having a VFL player keeping them out of position. We're not going to be able to play all 30 AFL ready players in the seniors. They need to step up at the level below and win a flag on their own.
I see this as a step forward and a tick for the player development that the club believes in them.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
PS you mentioned snake meat twice......your favourite?
Mighta been a typo, or a sub conscious entering of what I'm thinking when people start pushing the too much meat = bad n green leafy things are nom agenda :))
Every time I go to the doctors, n my previous one retired recently so I've had to start off with training up a newbie. They do all the tests n steal copious amounts of claret from my arm. Then they tell me I'm fightin fit n healthy n I have their permission to keep doing exactly what I'm doin for as long as I like. Get home n the missus starts carpin at me that I eat too much, way to much junk food n I need to give the grog a rest. Stupid woman, I keep telling her the doc's love how healthy I am n I'm not listening to her. I'm happy to take the experts advice on these matters.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
There certainly are a lot of meat lobby groups trying to debunk it. They don't want to lose a big market.

Equally you will get lobby groups or industry promotion of plant consumption.
There has been a lot of highlighting of the facts. Two are Arnold and the bearded power lifter. About 2 weeks after it came out Arnold is on some clip talking about his favourite steak and how much he loves meat etc..he is a nothing but a *smile* for money these days.
The power lifter makes out he gets by on just the vegan stuff, but a power lifting mag interviewed him and spoke of his diet. Aside from the vegan stuff he had 8 supplement shakes a day of all the crap you see in the supplement stores. Plus there is nothing surer than he would be on the gear.
the film is pure propaganda.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Bloody vegans they are everywhere. My partner just went to a traditional dying workshop in Indonesia and the African instructor who is an installation artist had just been attacked (literally) by vegans at his exhibition opening in Greece for dying a sheep :). He thought my partner was a vegan and got extremely paranoid about her and she had to set him straight. Another participant in that workshop went on a day tour somewhere and yes, a vegan showed up and apparently harassed her so aggressively she left! What is it with vegans? Not enough meat probably.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Bloody vegans they are everywhere. My partner just went to a traditional dying workshop in Indonesia and the African instructor who is an installation artist had just been attacked (literally) by vegans at his exhibition opening in Greece for dying a sheep :). He thought my partner was a vegan and got extremely paranoid about her and she had to set him straight. Another participant in that workshop went on a day tour somewhere and yes, a vegan showed up and apparently harassed her so aggressively she left! What is it with vegans? Not enough meat probably.

Shouldn't vegans be all for dying whole sheep?

Put a little colour in their lives?

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
the trouble with the Vegan movement is the lines are blurred between it and animal activism ...

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Mighta been a typo, or a sub conscious entering of what I'm thinking when people start pushing the too much meat = bad n green leafy things are nom agenda :))
Every time I go to the doctors, n my previous one retired recently so I've had to start off with training up a newbie. They do all the tests n steal copious amounts of claret from my arm. Then they tell me I'm fightin fit n healthy n I have their permission to keep doing exactly what I'm doin for as long as I like. Get home n the missus starts carpin at me that I eat too much, way to much junk food n I need to give the grog a rest. Stupid woman, I keep telling her the doc's love how healthy I am n I'm not listening to her. I'm happy to take the experts advice on these matters.

Sounds like me 15 years ago.....oh how I wish I had of listened to that carpin' missus

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
the trouble with the Vegan movement is the lines are blurred between it and animal activism ...

I always like to take the fossil fuel based clothing debate right to them swiftly followed by an uppercut embellished with something about how Jainists are so much purer than them. Oh that stings their holy egos. :)

Reactions: 1 users