Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

and we were missing the best defender this decade & the kid who came 3rd place in the Rising Star

We also played 6 rookies or former rookies including a debutant & 2 blokes who didnt have a pre season

Reckon we'll be up there also
No doubting that :)

I just don't think the GWS will do an Adelaide.

Reactions: 1 users
The player that always looked a million dollars in the pre season was Shaun Hampson
He was always going to be the next super star

until round 1 then everybody new just another dud year

Reactions: 1 user
Asked Kevin Sheedy at the Presidents Cup who he thought would play off next season.
His response was Richmond v West Coast without hesitation
Saw Kevin Sheedy recently as an after dinner speaker. He was late (which apparently is typical) and was reasonably underwhelming. No praise for the modern day tigers.

An outdated relic of another era who arguably underperformed with the lists he had.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Saw Kevin Sheedy recently as an after dinner speaker. He was late (which apparently is typical) and was reasonably underwhelming. No praise for the modern day tigers.

An outdated relic of another era who arguably underperformed with the lists he had.
Sheedy 4 premierships with Essendon in 27 years 1984, 1985, 1993 and 2000 + 3 losing grand finals 1983, 1990 and 2001 with just 9 seasons outside the finals

Hardwick 2 premierships in 10 years.

• Love
I don't see him as a Richmond champion.
All i see, is a bloke that cokteased us every time his contract was up.
Perhaps we should have pulled our pants up n walked away instead of waving our whang at him.

Sheedy 4 premierships with Essendon in 27 years 1984, 1985, 1993 and 2000 + 3 losing grand finals 1983, 1990 and 2001 with just 9 seasons outside the finals

That's an outstanding coaching career for anyone. But I'm happy to watch Dimma's career unfolding and anticipating ( dreaming of ) enough future success for Dimma to stamp his coaching career up with the legends.

In an era with zones, less teams etc. IMO he underperformed.

• Sad
The player that always looked a million dollars in the pre season was Shaun Hampson
He was always going to be the next super star

until round 1 then everybody new just another dud year

All you need these days is a player to complete a preseason and you half way to having a good season fitness wise.
But "burning the track" and "blitzing" means nothing.
Look at little Prestia completed a full pre-season without the fanfare and the other bullshhit and had a ripper season.

• Love
Any actual training reports?

Ross is burning the track but Balta isnt burning the track.
Stack has returned in great shape.
Collier Dawkins is ready to bust the competetion apart.
Coleman jones will be better then Ottens.
And Dusty is working out the best place for a drink card....
Big Zip reporting for AFL 180'

Any actual training reports?

I have been to last Thursday's and Monday's training sessions but not posted as it was getting a bit repetitive, will post a bit of a Christmas wrap after their final training session tomorrow.

Reactions: 10 users
I have been to last Thursday's and Monday's training sessions but not posted as it was getting a bit repetitive, will post a bit of a Christmas wrap after their final training session tomorrow.

Never ever think that you are being repetitive Caesar! You could post the same report every day and just interchange the spelling of Martin and Martyn for Martyn and Martin and we would all be enthralled

Reactions: 11 users

We all eat repetition for breakfast.

I could listen to Tom Lynch saying how, even though he monstered the competition last year, hes only just now gotten fit, 100 times a day.

The club has put up 26 pictures of the combined training session of AFL & AFLW sqauds on the club website.
Picture #11 intrigues me, is that Maurice Riolli Jnr that Daniel has his arm around on the left side of the group pic?

We all eat repetition for breakfast.

I could listen to Tom Lynch saying how, even though he monstered the competition last year, hes only just now gotten fit, 100 times a day.
Well you won't like that Tom was in rehab Monday ;)

• Wow
The club has put up 26 pictures of the combined training session of AFL & AFLW sqauds on the club website.
Picture #11 intrigues me, is that Maurice Riolli Jnr that Daniel has his arm around on the left side of the group pic?

Yes that is Jnr