Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Reckon we have broken GWS and they will fall in 2020.

I disagree. I think it will be a GF replay. GWS are due some luck and with their best 22 fit at the same time and a newly developing toughness, which they misplaced in the GF due to exhaustion and encountering the best side of the last 20 years, will be very competitive.

But its academic, cause if they do as I expect, they'll encounter the best side of the last 21 years.

the only other side in our league is WC, and withe Rioli gone, Kennedy falling off the cliff and Natanui in sharp injury decline, are pretty vulnerable.

Reactions: 4 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

I reckon they have two much class for that to happen - they didn’t approach the granny like the crows did who thought they only had to turn up and was expecting a walk in the park such was their confidence.

GWS should be thereabouts again - whether they make it to the big dance though who knows.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I disagree. I think it will be a GF replay. GWS are due some luck and with their best 22 fit at the same time and a newly developing toughness, which they misplaced in the GF due to exhaustion and encountering the best side of the last 20 years, will be very competitive.

But its academic, cause if they do as I expect, they'll encounter the best side of the last 21 years.

the only other side in our league is WC, and withe Rioli gone, Kennedy falling off the cliff and Natanui in sharp injury decline, are pretty vulnerable.

Good sign for GWS that all their stars are signing on to stick together they might finally become a team rather than a list of talented individuals?

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

Don't see it that way. They don't have the feral supporter base nor media attention to create that sort of pressure to break them. They're young, carefree and pressure free, they'll be up there again stronger because of what we did to them.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
History shows that teams who get belted in in a grand final don’t bounce back quickly and often straight up implode. Maybe GWS will be the exceptions...

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Hi Caesar
Can you tell me how you watch closed training sessions? I'm thinking about driving down from central Victoria on Tuesday to give my son a look. I'm not going to bother though if I can't see anything. Thanks in advance.

They wont let you in if it's not a opem session.
From punt rd you get a 360 view.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
I dont want us to be the first team to hand GWS their first "given" premiership.

• Sad

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I personally dont want to face the Giants in a grand Final in 2020 , They will be a better team and will have extra incentive against the Tigers next time around.

Geelol please

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Not sure I'm buying this crap they weren't like the crows coming into the GFnot as bad, but alot of talk and media hype from them during the week.

The problem is do they only think they had a bad day on GF like the crows did and learn from it or they think we need to get better as a club and team.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Reckon GeeWhizz was well and truly cooked by the time they reached the Grannie. They had as bad an injury run during the year and through the finals as any club ever. They had an all out slug fest with Colonwood in the Prelim n fell into the Grannie.
Given a decent run with injury, plus a probable top four finish then I'd think they'd be a strong chance at the flag next year. Definitely don't think their going to be presenting for another obliteration come finals next year.

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I personally dont want to face the Giants in a grand Final in 2020 , They will be a better team and will have extra incentive against the Tigers next time around.

We can beat anyone, of that I am confident. But it would be nice to beat a Victorian team just to shut the "you have only beaten interstate teams" faction trying to play down our dominance

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

Geelol please

If we face GWS grand final day 2020, watch the AFL try and move it to Sydney

• Wow

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Asked Kevin Sheedy at the Presidents Cup who he thought would play off next season.
His response was Richmond v West Coast without hesitation