Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Training today: biggest session I have witnessed either pre or post Christmas. So much going on I watched it for my own enjoyment rather than with the view of doing a training report, so am giving you nothing so you can continue to discuss signatures :)

Not even a solitary "Laceout"?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Cmon Caeser, we live on your reports.

There is only so much one can report about TProwl, surely people are sick of hearing that Marlion is tearing it up every session:)

Main news out of training today was that Nank was back in the fold doing most of main group drills, (his last frontier is to get back to the hustle and bustle of ruck work).

Kmac: Doing some gentle running.

A lot of game simulation today, when they started the drill in the centre these players were around the ball:

Soldo, CJ, Cotch, Ross, RCD, Shai, Stack, Prestia, Marlion, Dusty.

When they broke players into lines, Stack was placed with forwards Shai stayed with mids.

Best today, that won't excite people ;) , was DTLD, marking everything in defense, (now if you are talking about underrated footballers look no further).

Of the mids : Ross, Prestia, Dusty, Marlion, Cotch were great. *Note: now that Prestia is back in full training it is amazing how much better our midfield looks, GUN!, (ps can we go back and see which posters wanted to draft Setterfield instead :D )

Higgo: looks back to his old self, am no longer just looking at him as a 'feel good story' but as a player fighting for spots.

At the end of a very long session, good to see a couple of young guns, (RCD & Shai), doing some GPS add ons with a couple of our elite runners, (Georgie & Shorty).

In relation to WILL Martyn, when broken into lines today he was placed with forwards, he also spent 20 minutes at the end of the session alone in the forward line leading and being hit up by Lambo.
Found this interesting as I thought he was a pure mid and where he had spent most time pre-season.
Did a bit of a google on his junior footy and found this paragraph on Draft Central:

"He seemed to be the most damaging as a bottom-ager playing at half-forward where he was too strong in the air and one-on-one for his opponents and his ability to kick long made him that damaging player in the front half. Potentially he could play that fluid role between wing and half-forward using his running capacity to work over his opponents. The fact he has added 10kg to his frame this year shows he has the capacity to work hard and develop, and could prove to be an underrated prospect later in the draft".

More food for thought people.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 28 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Training today: biggest session I have witnessed either pre or post Christmas. So much going on I watched it for my own enjoyment rather than with the view of doing a training report, so am giving you nothing so you can continue to discuss signatures :)

I’m going to visit Bigfooty.
There’s a guy on there called Caesar who gives really detailed reports.
I reckon it’s where our Bizarro Caesar gets most of his info from

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Greenie

Tiger Rookie
Mar 15, 2014
A lot of game simulation today, when they started the drill in the centre these players were around the ball:

Great thanks Caesar. If Shedda wasn't in the centre, was he forward or back? Also, what was Balta up to?

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Interesting with Martyn, I like pairing him with Lambert. The role Lambert plays is very specific, it’s not a simple sling shot from behind the ball. Lambert has craft, there are smarts beyond what we see.

Marlon, Ross and Shai in the midfield mix is exciting. Real mix of strong suits.
And Stack forward is a real weapon. The Round 1 side is still super hard to forecast.

Reactions: 6 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Great thanks Caesar. If Shedda wasn't in the centre, was he forward or back? Also, what was Balta up to?

I only noticed who started in the middle at the ball up didn't take note of Shedda's starting position don't think the way they use Shedda will change.
Noah has been in defence all summer, has not lit things up like I were hoping so have just been waiting for a pop in his pre-season for him to warrant a mention.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I’m going to visit Bigfooty.
There’s a guy on there called Caesar who gives really detailed reports.
I reckon it’s where our Bizarro Caesar gets most of his info from
Hail Caesar!
There is only ONE Caesar.
Accept No imitations!

Tigeronprowl

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dec 30, 2002
There is only so much one can report about TProwl, surely people are sick of hearing that Marlion is tearing it up every session:)

Main news out of training today was that Nank was back in the fold doing most of main group drills, (his last frontier is to get back to the hustle and bustle of ruck work).

Kmac: Doing some gentle running.

When they broke players into lines, Stack was placed with forwards Shai stayed with mids.

Best today, that won't excite people ;) , was DTLD, marking everything in defense, (now if you are talking about underrated footballers look no further).

Of the mids : Ross, Prestia, Dusty, Marlion, Cotch were great. *Note: now that Prestia is back in full training it is amazing how much better our midfield looks, GUN!, (ps can we go back and see which posters wanted to draft Setterfield instead :D )

Higgo: looks back to his old self, am no longer just looking at him as a 'feel good story' but as a player fighting for spots.

At the end of a very long session, good to see a couple of young guns, (RCD & Shai), doing some GPS add ons with a couple of our elite runners, (Georgie & Shorty).

In relation to WILL Martyn, when broken into lines today he was placed with forwards, he also spent 20 minutes at the end of the session alone in the forward line leading and being hit up by Lambo.
Found this interesting as I thought he was a pure mid and where he had spent most time pre-season.
Did a bit of a google on his junior footy and found this paragraph on Draft Central:

"He seemed to be the most damaging as a bottom-ager playing at half-forward where he was too strong in the air and one-on-one for his opponents and his ability to kick long made him that damaging player in the front half. Potentially he could play that fluid role between wing and half-forward using his running capacity to work over his opponents. The fact he has added 10kg to his frame this year shows he has the capacity to work hard and develop, and could prove to be an underrated prospect later in the draft".

More food for thought people.
Thanks for the report Caesar. If you want a day off from reporting you better start telling white lies and just say you couldn't make it to training haha. Great job

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

The Martyn info is very interesting when coupled with some reports coming out that he may see a fair bit of senior footy this year.
Sounds a bit like the role Caddy played before last season.

Sounds like a ripping kid. Will watch with interest.

Great report as ever mate. Thanks.

Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The Martyn info is very interesting when coupled with some reports coming out that he may see a fair bit of senior footy this year.
Sounds a bit like the role Caddy played before last season.

Sounds like a ripping kid. Will watch with interest.

Great report as ever mate. Thanks.

Sounds like the sort of kid that will benefit even more in the current RFC environ as opposed to the Bears.

Reactions: 1 user