Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

Stewlander

Tiger Cub
Jan 20, 2016
Mabs played mostly forward for black team with a few stints in the middle late, was one of the better for black team , sure to play forward in Wang you would think. Naish didn't really feature too much in my eyes

Thanks for the amazing report once again. Quick question, how did our recent draftees go? I know Dow didn’t play, but sounds like Martyn played well.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Thanks for the amazing report once again. Quick question, how did our recent draftees go? I know Dow didn’t play, but sounds like Martyn played well.
Yes Martyn slotted in quite well, Hugo RalphSmith played half back, he did the kicking out from full back a lot for the black team.Was not prominent but did a couple of nice things. Hugo is another kid that will be able to play multiple positions half back/wing probably initially forward and in time maybe mid, a gifted athlete.
Cumberland not much today

Reactions: 2 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Ok Intra Club Bonus today i have 2 reports for you as were accompanied by another set of eyes who i got to do an independent report:

1) Caesar Report:

Ist Half:
yellow team Grand Final side minus Nank who played 1 qtr only today for black team and BEllis. Included in yellow was Noah Balta down back.

After half time a few Guernseys were swapped to even out sides.

Thomson Dow did not play due to sickness.

Shai, here is what I thought about Shai's 1st half and played forward the whole game, (A bit of Hoodoo Gurus anyone):

"I love the way you talk, you walk
You smile, your style
Like now, like wow-wipeout, no doubt
But I was gone the moment I laid eyes on you "

And a bit of the chorus:)
"Well, yes, yes, yes, yes
I'm impressed "

Ok 1st half you had the likes of RCD and Jack Ross alternating on Cotch and Dusty at the clearances, (actually it was for the whole match, (how is that for an education), and as to be expected Cotch and Dusty put on a clinic in this area of the ground, the young lads will learn to get their arms across their opponents more.
This is not to say Ross & RCD did show some great signs.
Ross was really good and the best of the 1 to 2 year players, prominent in general play really good link up work and kicked a goal.
RCD a couple of dashes, a centre clearance when opposed to Dusty, also a snapped goal, some great hands in tight a strong mark against Bachar but collected Bachar in ribs who took no further part, (hopefully ribs are ok and he lines up for Vics).

Soldo absolutely destroyed all comers.
Marlion: I could go back to my Hoodoo hymn book;) so smooth played midfield hit targets left or right by hand or foot, when he runs at a player it is like they are mesmerized.
Stack: Played forward applied plenty of pressure but not in bests.
Prestia: Great as usual
Noah Balta: was reasonably assured down back but the wild Colt still exists.

Ball movement in general was sublime.
Big forwards did not dominate but plenty of deft touches to smalls would go unnoticed by most.

That will do from me and will now defer to our Stig, (track watcher 2), report.

2) Stig Report:

His take on intra club

Not many changes from GF team

Nank if not ready and no Ellis

CCJ could play the replacement for Nank

The replacement for Ellis is of interest as both Broad and Baker player considerable time on the wing switching on occasions with Balta being the 3rd tall back and not Broad . Pre season games will determine whether Balta plays round 1

Game style

Early on the game played in the one third moving bubble as seen by all forward 6 pushing well past centre of ground . When ball is won back on turnover obviously bubble moves down ground More obvious than previous years

Key notes

Pickett will play as midfielder , not on a wing

Bolton will play forward as well

Soldo clearly no 1 ruckman

Dusty and Cotchin clearly ahead of schedule, no holding back there

Unless injuries , don't see any obvious changes from GF team apart from Balta playing down back and releasing Baker / Broad to wing

Keep in mind Broad did play on wing in WAFL in a few games

Can't see Stack or Ross playing round 1 unless there is injuries

We are in a great position this early in year

Best players not in any order

Soldo . Bolton . Dusty .Cotch . Pickett .Ross .RCD and Edwards
Thx for keeping us updated over summer mate, very much appreciated.

There are going to be some unlucky blokes stuck in the VFL this yr.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
How is stack looking? What position(s) is he playing

He was forward, but wasnt a stand out.
Really didn't notice him.
Rioli, Baker, castagna and Bolton were better.
Alot of pressure for all our smalls

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Balta - the colt way still has way to go. Attributes to be something special we have all commented on. How did Ben Miller go yesterday ? - only 20, I see him as a slow burn CHB that hopeful can stay injury free and take some positive steps in 2020. 195cm - 95kg has the profile of a key back and would be nice to have him in the shed should a Astbury/Broad go down. Garthwait is there but at 192cm 91kg I dont think is the like for like replacement for our latest defender.

Asking a lot for all 42 on the list to be AFL ready but a huge bonus if he can show something and bolster what I regard our thin back line stocks.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Seems they are persisting with Stack forward. Not sure it's the right move.

Reactions: 5 users

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
I need to have a cigarette after reading all these reports...

Bristiger: after reading these reports and watching the vid on the tiger site ................ I am sitting back in my favourite chair, in front of the fire, smoking a pipe and sipping a warm cognac

thinking here we go!!!!! again...................

Reactions: 1 users

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
With Stack forward our forward line looks like it will be

Stack Rioli Martin Castagna Lynch Jack. May well be the best forward line assembled at the tigers in 40 years

Reactions: 1 users

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
That is probably the best 2 min training video I've ever seen!

I understand the 'lowlights' are left out but corrrrrrr, our ball movement is just sublime.

If we play better than last year and with that kind of fluidity then every other club is just fighting it out for 2nd spot.