Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Makes a lot of sense.

Broad's GPS numbers are consistently very strong so he has similar running strengths to Ellis.

He already provides defensive cover while his team mates spread so the only question will be his ability to provide outlet and use the ball well when required.

Certainly ticks plenty of boxes.
He's solid, proper tough, not sniper tough, good overhead as well, and a solid kick, within his limits.
It can't hurt to develop him a little more, more strings to his bow the better.

Reactions: 2 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Broad could certainly match KMac's physicality but would be a bonus as extra aerial cover when dropping back into defence. No need for him to finesse his kicks: just belt it long and straight like Brando and we've lost nothing.

Rmudie

Tiger Cub
Feb 13, 2017
Makes a lot of sense.

Broad's GPS numbers are consistently very strong so he has similar running strengths to Ellis.

He already provides defensive cover while his team mates spread so the only question will be his ability to provide outlet and use the ball well when required.

Definitely has the skill set to play on the fat side of the ground as a defensive winger

Reactions: 1 users

Daigoro

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 20, 2004
With Rance gone we need Broad in defence
I agree. Broad was fantastic last year doing the versatile, reliable defensive stopper (Grimes) role allowing Grimes to do the Rance role. Still need that in 2020 as far as I can tell!

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Hence Sam Taylor is my first option.

Cheaper than Moore too and younger so fills uop the list profile nicely and has had a few years in a system with some elite talent.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Makes a lot of sense.

He’s always looked like a wingman playing defensive to me. Broady would make any position his own.
Griggy played ruck in the GF.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Balta a key defender?
Apology accepted

So where did I apologise to you? Why on earth would I need to? Go back over my posts. I've always maintained that Noah's instincts as a footballer seem to be much more to attack and be aggressive than play defensively. Still true - which is what was implied by these words in my prior post - "... and Noah gets to develop gradually at his own rate well enough to step into the side wherever needed."
I also maintained that he might become a KPD and Rance's replacement long-term, when Alex the Great was finished. Maybe you haven't heard but that looks to have happened much earlier than expected. Hence, my post follows with - " ... he is now the long-term young player with the most potential (IMHO) to fill the shoes of the great man eventually."

See how I even said 'eventually.' You were calling for him to take over CHB all last year, before Alex even considered retiring. There's a long way to go before he should be expected to take the best opposition KFs yet, on an ongoing, regular basis. But he will be tried in rotations and the club will be watching his progress carefully. I spoke about him in the context of if we cop any more injuries to our KPDs - Dave or Grimesy; not expecting NB to waltz into taking one of these roles overnight. There's also Garth, but I think Noah has greater talent, and size, to make an A-grader possibly - over few years.

Nothing inconsistent in what I've posted, so stop being a peanut.

Last edited:

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
McChins would never let it happen.

1000% it wont happen.
Collingwood would rather delist 10 players rather lose Degoey & Moore.
Have you noticed, DeGoey returned from the summer break looking like Arthur Dunger. And the club didn’t fine or punish him???

• Wow