Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
That is probably the best 2 min training video I've ever seen!

I understand the 'lowlights' are left out but corrrrrrr, our ball movement is just sublime.

If we play better than last year and with that kind of fluidity then every other club is just fighting it out for 2nd spot.

That's what was on show yesterday
You would struggle to find ball handling *smile* ups.
The kids are so clean with there hands.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Here is that strong mark by RCD i were talking about in my report to the detriment of Bachar's ribs, ouch!, (courtesy of RFC.com)

But a match report from Michael Gleeson said Houli was rubbing his shoulder:rolleyes: pfft!, he was doubled over checking all his internal organs were working properly;)

1582241728813.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Getting more excited about Bolton this year. Already had him as the one to watch and by all reports he's taken that next step.

Biggest headache for opposition coaches will be deciding who to try and shut down

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Balta - the colt way still has way to go. Attributes to be something special we have all commented on. How did Ben Miller go yesterday ? - only 20, I see him as a slow burn CHB that hopeful can stay injury free and take some positive steps in 2020. 195cm - 95kg has the profile of a key back and would be nice to have him in the shed should a Astbury/Broad go down. Garthwait is there but at 192cm 91kg I dont think is the like for like replacement for our latest defender.

Asking a lot for all 42 on the list to be AFL ready but a huge bonus if he can show something and bolster what I regard our thin back line stocks.

Re Miller, you wouldn't want the Flame to burn any slower, not holding my breath here even though it is early days. If I see incremental improvement might give me a bit more hope.

Last edited:

Greenie

Tiger Rookie
Mar 15, 2014
Here is that strong mark by RCD i were talking about in my report to the detriment of Bachar's ribs, ouch!, (courtesy of RFC.com)

But a match report from Michael Gleeson said Houli was rubbing his shoulder:rolleyes: pfft!, he was doubled over checking all his internal organs were working properly;)

View attachment 9528
Does it with his eyes closed too.

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
Chol, Markov, Ross, RCD and Eggs are the guys that replaced the Vic vs All stars players, after half time. These are the guys considered next in line for the A team at the moment. Graham, KMac not available. Higgins probably not considered at this stage of his recovery but sounds like he played well.

Surprised to see Eggs in the mix. I guess he will take Houli's place in Marsh I.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
I reckon Eggs was good last year looks a lively type. Stack I like in half back role for me. Did Biggy play guys.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Justin Reeves, CEO of the Hawthorn FC

I take it as a mark of respect that such a reputable club (and most successful in modern era) as the HFC send, not some sneaky nobody in disguise trying to go unnoticed spying on the premiers first intra-club, but the CEO nonetheless, apparently in blatant Dawks gear.

We are the AFL leader after all. RESPECT. :D

• Haha

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Balta looks like a Tank apparently went well.

Pleased to see you draw attention to this, d30, since Balta doesn't seem to have made much impression on Julius' TRs etc. so far in the pre-season. However, if there are some good signs in a fierce intra-club against premiership stars, that is really encouraging.

His progress this year is crucial to offset the loss of Rance to an extent, but especially if we cop injury to one of our key backs. Hopefully that doesn't happen like in '19, and Noah gets to develop gradually at his own rate well enough to step into the side wherever needed. However, he is now the long-term young player with the most potential (IMHO) to fill the shoes of the great man eventually, while never expecting him to necessarily ever be equally as good.
And if it starts to occur i.e. he must be played as a KPD in our AFL team prematurely, supporters need to cut him some slack and remember the testy and chequered early career of Alex the Great. It will be one of those wildly zig-zagging graphs I'd say ... and exactly what is to be expected.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Pleased to see you draw attention to this, d30, since Balta doesn't seem to have made much impression on Julius' TRs etc. so far in the pre-season. However, if there are some good signs in a fierce intra-club against premiership stars, that is really encouraging.

His progress this year is crucial to offset the loss of Rance to an extent, but especially if we cop injury to one of our key backs. Hopefully that doesn't happen like in '19, and Noah gets to develop gradually at his own rate well enough to step into the side wherever needed. However, he is now the long-term young player with the most potential (IMHO) to fill the shoes of the great man eventually, while never expecting him to necessarily ever be equally as good.
And if it starts to occur i.e. he must be played as a KPD in our AFL team prematurely, supporters need to cut him some slack and remember the testy and chequered early career of Alex the Great. It will be one of those wildly zig-zagging graphs I'd say ... and exactly what is to be expected.

The key to this is settle him in one position and let him build and maybe flick into another position when need be.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I take it as a mark of respect that such a reputable club (and most successful in modern era) as the HFC send, not some sneaky nobody in disguise trying to go unnoticed spying on the premiers first intra-club, but the CEO nonetheless, apparently in blatant Dawks gear.

We are the AFL leader after all. RESPECT. :D

Let's hope his report back to Clarko was "Let's just play for draft picks"!!

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Interesting to hear broad is being groomed for a wing position. I love him as a defensive photographer but it makes sense given the tall forward fetish many clubs currently have. It will give Balta a chance to develop. I recon I would see Houli as the logical choice to move up the ground over broad but the coaches would have their reasons.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018

Balta a key defender?
Apology accepted

Last edited: