Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Look, Oleg has once again had a good off season, this year it has been as a forward with lightning leads from square and pocket and has looked impressive but how would that work in our current structure?
Leads out quickly a bit like Jayden Stephenson but I don't think I have ever seen elite ground ball skills from Oleg or apply enough tackles or pressure which is surprising.
Tick Tock, can't really see him cracking side, probably should have looked for a new home as he does have something to offer IMO.
Oleg has to make the transition from March champion to capable afl player , was brilliant v Melb 12m ago then flunked at the very next opportunity, he has the traits , rest is up to him

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Biggy a case of put him in the bottom draw and ask me in 2 years, least developed and very raw, has been mistiming his marks and has done some of the worst kicks i have seen yet shows something. That's why I said to ask me again in 2 years ;)

All other draftee's were out there, it was a very light session due to State duties, VFL practice match upcoming and Marsh series coming up which is why I didn't have much to report on.

We have the likes of RCD, Ross, Stack, Graham, Higgins, Kmac heading the queue to break into the side before any of the new draftees IMO, be content with watching draftees develop in the VFL this year.

PS. Leppa saying Dow is AFL ready is different to saying he is RFC Premiership side ready:)

I can't remember the last time we had a couple of years to develop young players, good times indeed.

DS

Remember when after our weekly flogging, we resolute Darksiders would gather on PRE and by Tuesday, after much earnest discussion, would nominate a not ready Jayden Post as the only prospect in the 2nds?

"Play the kids". Remember THAT? Not wrong, but you can see how it just stuffs their careers.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Remember when after our weekly flogging, we resolute Darksiders would gather on PRE and by Tuesday, after much earnest discussion, would nominate a not ready Jayden Post as the only prospect in the 2nds?

"Play the kids". Remember THAT? Not wrong, but you can see how it just stuffs their careers.

At least Post played a handful of games and showed the odd glimpse. But before him we had the "Play Gourdis" Darksider chant. After Post it was all about McBean and how proof of Beavis' incompetence was in not selecting McBean for the firsts

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Ooooh! So sensitive. Poor little petal. Never been known to fire on any target himself, of course.

To repeat: stop being a (sooky) peanut.
Shame your condescending, rude and demeaning tone is back Leon. Time to ignore once again...

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

Cleve Hughes was another and *smile* before he went back home. Can’t say I miss those days.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
At least Post played a handful of games and showed the odd glimpse. But before him we had the "Play Gourdis" Darksider chant. After Post it was all about McBean and how proof of Beavis' incompetence was in not selecting McBean for the firsts
I think that there might still be a few PREnders of the belief that McBean could be our best small forward if he was still on our list ;)

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Shame your condescending, rude and demeaning tone is back Leon. Time to ignore once again...

OMG. I don't even know who you are but you have no idea. Some posters conduct little debates/disputes which run for ages, usually just different views on footy or players. It's got an edge to it at times or can be just a frank exchange of views, touch of jest and humour too. Bontague (DA) is a grown-up, able to look after himself for sure. Butt out if it's too painful for your delicate sensitivities.

FYI, I sometimes 'like' DA's posts and he has a strong sense of humour, but we have had a disagreement over Balta's best positioning: an exchange over dozens of posts that you no doubt have not read. With Rance exiting abruptly, our views have virtually merged - so stop over-reacting when the grown-ups have a little verbal.

Is there an Auskick site you might feel safer on?

Last edited:

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Now that games are upon us my job is done!!! In the meantime I'll let this thread degenerate to where others want to take it :rolleyes:

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Now that games are upon us my job is done!!! In the meantime I'll let this thread degenerate to where others want to take it :rolleyes:

Stick your face back in the wire mesh where it belongs Caesar.
I hope the intervention order Shai placed on you hasn’t deterred you?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I want to extend a big thanks for your efforts C. Looked forward to training reports on this thread all preseason.

Reactions: 17 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yeah, must say ceasar you've made the off season more enjoyable and kept PRE alive with plenty to discuss, debate and get excited about. Your reporting of the training sessions has been lace out.

Reactions: 10 users