Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Stackie and Graham did in round 1, neither played on the wing but they replaced him and Bash in the round 1 side

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Nank and Soldo now thats a Tag Team, they would rival the Bushwackers, the British Bulldogs, Brutus Beefcake and Greg the Hammer Valentine, The Killer Bees, The Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkov, Demolition, and dare I say the the Undertaker and Kane or the kings of the tag team The Hart Foundation !!!!!
Talk about some names of the past.
Who is Ricky The Dragon Steamboat?

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Talk about some names of the past.
Who is Ricky The Dragon Steamboat?

Yeah Ricky the Dragon Steamboat, Tito Santana, Hulk Hogan, Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior, the Junk Yard Dog, King Kong Bundy, Andre the Giant, Big John Stud, Cowboy Bob Orton, George the Animal Steele, Adorable Adrian, Big Boss Man, Mr Perfect, Ravishing Rick Rude, Million Dollar Man Ted Biase and Virgil , Coco B Ware, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Hillbilly Jim, Uncle Elmer, Mr X Geez could go on and on.

• Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Yeah Ricky the Dragon Steamboat, Tito Santana, Hulk Hogan, Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior, the Junk Yard Dog, King Kong Bundy, Andre the Giant, Big John Stud, Cowboy Bob Orton, George the Animal Steele, Adorable Adrian, Big Boss Man, Mr Perfect, Ravishing Rick Rude, Million Dollar Man Ted Biase and Virgil , Coco B Ware, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Hillbilly Jim, Uncle Elmer, Mr X Geez could go on and on.
Don't forget Outback Jack.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
You guys.
Don't get me started on WWE names. I'll never get to sleep.
Some of my favourites:

Mr Wonderful Paul Orndorff finishing move (fm) The Pile Driver.

Jake The Snake Roberts from Stone Mountain, Georgia. fm DDT would then wrap Damien (his snake) around victim's head and neck and wake them up to watch them freak out.

Bill Goldberg fm The Spear Grid Iron Tackle.

Hot Rod Roddy Piper fm The Sleeper.
I better stop here.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Pretty spot on ICE right down to Kmac who doesn't usually make dispatches.

In my live texts to mates I mirrored a lot of what you said;

Could Dusty be as fit as he as ever been, that first 10 minutes was all about Dusty.
One of those Pickett moves was a triple baulk/shimmie before hitting up a forward on his non preferred.
Shai was lively including 2 speckies resulting in goals, expecting him to go up a level this year.
I also reported that Kmac stood out in match sim as well as when players did about 8 repeat 100's Kmac streeted them.
Nank looks 100% moving the best he ever has, it was Nank vs Soldo the whole time except when Lynch took one centre contest o_O , CCJ played permanent FF for two's.
Can't say any of the younger 1st to 2nd year players caught my eye but agree with ICE the red bibs made distinguishing hard.

Shai's 2 marks and Marlion's baulk and deliver are on the RFC 1 minute training clip below :

Reactions: 3 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
I saw the 20 min match sim. It was the firsts vs seconds, so a pretty one sided and free flowing.

Dusty played forward and won every contest and must have 4 goal assists in the first 10 minutes. Forwards had it easy with George, Shai, and jack doing well.

No Bacha and Naish filled his role in the firsts. Kmac played wing for the firsts and did well. Stack, Ross and Higgins in the seconds. Hard to pick up the seconds players as they had no numbers and many wearing hats. However did notice balta with some nice work at CHB. Nice run out of defence and some great ball delivery. Ross seemed to do pretty well in the centre.

Other highlights were Pickett’s movement and passing on his left. Also, Lambert was everywhere.
Nice they give Dusty a bit of room, after all who wants to be known as the teammate who drove Dusty's shoulder into the dirt...season over.

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Nice they give Dusty a bit of room, after all who wants to be known as the teammate who drove Dusty's shoulder into the dirt...season over.
seems like they stood off Cotch too.
Most of the highlights to the yellow team. The Reds were the maybes?

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
seems like they stood off Cotch too.
Most of the highlights to the yellow team. The Reds were the maybes?

Yes, the yellow team were the firsts. the reds were the seconds. Very one sided hit out. Good confidence booster for the firsts.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Not better then vickery or Griffens.
Those 2 were agile enough to always be where the ball wasn't.

They lacked the Intensity to really impact as big men, makes all the difference.
You guys.
Don't get me started on WWE names. I'll never get to sleep.
Some of my favourites:

Mr Wonderful Paul Orndorff finishing move (fm) The Pile Driver.

Jake The Snake Roberts from Stone Mountain, Georgia. fm DDT would then wrap Damien (his snake) around victim's head and neck and wake them up to watch them freak out.

Bill Goldberg fm The Spear Grid Iron Tackle.

Hot Rod Roddy Piper fm The Sleeper.
I better stop here.

Ha ha the Hot Rod in Pipers Pit ....loved it

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Brando was much maligned at times but boy we will miss his running. I thought it was already noticeable against Carlton.

His running was his 1 wood, not many that can cover that on the wing.

K Mac doesn't have the pace but he covers distance, maybe thats why they were looking to put Broady on a wing and let him use his size and run as he also has a big tank and also some toe.

Noahs bad day against the Pies pre season prettty much ended that experiment for the near term.

Last edited:

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Shai looking good..

Shai could be more exciting than Eddie Betts at his best, as he will be a damaging asset through the middle with his skill and pace.

Betts was top mark for his size and Shai has the ability and pre disposition for taking hangers.

Gonna make him an even more offensive weapon when forward.

The most skillful bloke at the club according to D Martin!

He has as all the gifts and really could be anything.

Reactions: 2 users