Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
How is Higgo going overall. Has it got rid of the fumbles he was dealing with pre-op? Is he back to the frenetic player who played on instincts which were very good? Or at least showing signs of getting back there?

For mine, Higgo is a bit of a fogotten man. Get back to his first season form and it's going to be painful for the selection committee.

Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Followed @caesar to training this morning for the intraclub Hoyt our at Punt Road. He’s given me the honour this morning of compiling the report.:)

Started with a quick warm up before breaking in a game. The played 3 full length quarters this morning in full match simulation. Not holding much back.
Dimma umpired.

First quarter saw the teams fairly evenly distributed with a mix of talent in both teams.
Notably absent was Prestia who whilst taking part in the warm up disappeared to the sheds thereafter. Hopefully ok..
In better news Houli was kitted up. Nank vs Soldo from the centre bounce.

First term notes..

- George kicked 3 goals.
- Stack got a lot of possessions playing a mix of mid/forward. Some of them eye catching.
- Dow looked good. Clean & crisp. Nice goal.
- Interestingly Lynch spent a lot of time in the ruck & was quite effective.
- Garthwaite took several contested marks in defence & at one point outmarked Lynch. Looked good.

2nd term
- Bachar was fantastic. Moving well. Absolute certainty to play if pulls up well.
- Jack Ross. Played a half back role today & looked very comfortable. Picked up a heap of footy & may be a surprise selection next week. However maybe just a backup for Houli too..
- Shai was doing Shai things.

3rd term
- Looked Like it reverted to the A side vs the B side. Stack in the red (B) bib. Ross in the yellow (A) kit. Who knows what that means but as the game went on Stack faded a bit (played more forward) where as Ross continued to accumulate at HB.
- Astbury made life hell for CJ & Chol.
- Houli & Martin rested in last term & ran laps.
- Shedda was dominant. Won the ball at will all game. Cotchin very good also.
- Soldo kicked a goal very similar to that in GF. Excellent kicking technique. Our no 1 ruck.
- Rioli & Baker both copped heavy knocks in the game but think both will be ok.
- Higgo, Pickett, Vlastuin, Broad all solid.
- Dusty a touch quieter than I expected but am sure he will be ok.

Bloody great to watch some live footy at Punt Road even if just a scratch match.

Best today IMO
Shedda, Houli, Cotch, Shai, Astbury, Ross, Soldo

That’s about it. Any other questions just ask.

Great report TOO, all i'll add is the game was a bit scrappier than those of last week and without the spectacular except for the magic hands of Shedda. Dion not participating after only warm up is a slight concern, he along with Martin Shai & Shedds have been the stars post lockdown. Dusty was quiet today and didn't look quite right to me today at one point going into the sheds accompanied by a trainer before coming back out. On Daniel he was down for what felt like about 2 minutes with trainers and players showing some concern. Got up was sort of limping, sucking in the big ones as if his ribs had been tickled, hands on the head as well so my expert medical opinion is ankle/ribs/concussion or just a big hito_O
And yes Bachar was the huge plus in Norm Smith form :clap2 for the time he was on the ground.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users

sportshow

Tiger Rookie
Apr 14, 2009
How is Higgo going overall. Has it got rid of the fumbles he was dealing with pre-op? Is he back to the frenetic player who played on instincts which were very good? Or at least showing signs of getting back there?

For mine, Higgo is a bit of a fogotten man. Get back to his first season form and it's going to be painful for the selection committee.

I know different players but have him in before Castagna.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I know different players but have him in before Castagna.

hmmm, 2 years ago I may have agreed but Castagna has improved year on year to the point I'd play George before Rioli at the moment.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
In this AFL.com article it covers some notes on training today the most notable being on Prestia which hopefully is true and not a smokescreen thrown up by the club

Reigning best and fairest Dion Prestia completed the warm-up but failed to take his place in the match simulation.

The Tigers insist it was part of a management plan with the midfielder in no doubt to tackle the Pies at the MCG.

Last edited:

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Followed @caesar to training this morning for the intraclub Hitout out at Punt Road. He’s given me the honour this morning of compiling the report.:)

Started with a quick warm up before breaking into a game. They played 3 full length quarters this morning in full match simulation. Not holding much back.
Dimma umpired.

First quarter saw the teams fairly evenly distributed with a mix of talent in both teams.
Notably absent was Prestia who whilst taking part in the warm up disappeared to the sheds thereafter. Hopefully ok..

First term notes..

- George kicked 3 goals.
- Stack got a lot of possessions playing a mix of mid/forward. Some of them eye catching.
- Garthwaite took several contested marks in defence & at one point outmarked Lynch. Looked good.

2nd term
- Bachar was fantastic. Moving well. Absolute certainty to play if pulls up well.
- Jack Ross. Played a half back role today & looked very comfortable. Picked up a heap of footy & may be a surprise selection next week. However maybe just a backup for Houli too..

3rd term
- Looked Like it reverted to the A side vs the B side. Stack in the red (B) bib. Ross in the yellow (A) kit. Who knows what that means but as the game went on Stack faded a bit (played more forward) where as Ross continued to accumulate at HB.
- Soldo kicked a goal very similar to that in GF. Excellent kicking technique. Our no 1 ruck.

Bloody great to watch some live footy at Punt Road even if just a scratch match.

Best today IMO

Seriously, what does Castagnafield need to do be among the best?
Kick 13?

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Great to hear some reports on the boys, it's been a while. Thanks for the write up.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Dimma was the umpire ‍♂

That's what i mean?
Anyone with a whistle bend us over.
Get ready for a 2 to 3 goal advantage for the knobs will get on thurzdey night.
The umpires this year are our strongest opposition.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Followed @caesar to training this morning for the intraclub Hitout out at Punt Road. He’s given me the honour this morning of compiling the report.:)

Started with a quick warm up before breaking into a game. They played 3 full length quarters this morning in full match simulation. Not holding much back.
Dimma umpired.

First term notes..

- George kicked 3 goals.

2nd term

3rd term

Best today IMO

Tigers Of Old failed to mention that we had the pleasure of having breakfast with Shai, Stackman, Rioli and Higgo at the Rush Cafe in Richmond, (ok a huge exaggeration but they were there ;))

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users