Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
He'd be the most dissapointed I'd reckon, Grover at least has a medal, and was never really going to play.

Ross had been hyped up to pay and the fact he was left out of the VFL side will sting too.

Expecting a big year from young Ross next year after this.

Reckon Graham might be a tad disappointed too

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
one to four years back today for 90 minute session:

Repeat shuttle runs smalls:
Fraser Turner blitzed them, impressive seeing Short & Oleg in the group.
Last Stack 2nd last Eggs 3rd last Marlion 4th last Rioli, (proves the indigenous boys are not endurance athletes or just light up when the balls come out which they did).

Talls:
CJ 1st for most reps but the cagey, (or lazy), Chol kept petrol in the tank and won the last, (if i didn't fall for it I don't think the coaches would have either). To be fair they were pretty even, Balta was last in each rep.

Repeat 300's

Short and Turner led the way, Eggs a long way last.

**On first look I reckon RCD has improved his running, certainly ahead of this time last year, (if you click on phot'o's that is RCD on Naishy's shoulder just behind Oleg and ahead of Ross doing their repeat 300's)

Shoulder Boys

Graham running with his arm basically locked at his side.
Shai running and looked pretty free with his arm movements so may have just been a cleanout for him?

Last edited:
Reactions: 19 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Watching the Rich v WC replay yesterday, I gotta say Cholly's got the best body in the team. Just hope he puts it to good use next season and onwards.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019

Last Stack 2nd last Eggs 3rd last Marlion 4th last Rioli, (proves the indigenous boys are not endurance athletes or just light up when the balls came out which they did).

Talls:
CJ 1st for most reps but the cagey, (or lazy), Chol kept petrol in the won the last, (if i didn't fall for it I don't think the coaches would have either). To be fair they were pretty even, Balta was last in each rep.

Repeat 300's

**On first look I reckon RCD may have improved his running, certainly ahead of this time last year.

Shoulder Boys

Shai running and looked pretty free with his arm movements so may have just been a cleanout for him?

Awesome work Caesar.
Anyone who thinks Balta is a wingman had better think again.
Stack still has plenty of work to do before he is even remotely considered a midfielder.
Most excited about CCJ this year.
Turner will give Markov and Naish something to think about all summer long. The kid knows how to play and can run all day.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Last Stack 2nd last Eggs 3rd last Marlion 4th last Rioli, (proves the indigenous boys are not endurance athletes or just light up when the balls come out which they did).

Talls:
CJ 1st for most reps but the cagey, (or lazy), Chol kept petrol in the tank and won the last, (if i didn't fall for it I don't think the coaches would have either). To be fair they were pretty even, Balta was last in each rep.

Repeat 300's

**On first look I reckon RCD has improved his running, certainly ahead of this time last year, (if you click on phot'o's that is RCD on Naishy's shoulder just behind Oleg and ahead of Ross doing their repeat 300's)

Shoulder Boys

Great work Salad,
Did Stack look like his ankle was still causing him some discomfort?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Well done Julius as always.

What's Fraser gonna be like as he and English are two players I haven't studied much on?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Well done Julius as always.

What's Fraser gonna be like as he and English are two players I haven't studied much on?

Fraser Turner I like, a wingman pure and simple has great ball winning ability, (which is different to contested ball), has speed and endurance. Constantly gets 20 plus possessions covering both ends of the ground. At 186cm a pretty good size, light but has put on weight as opposed to Menadue.
I reckon we will see cleaner skills from him next year too.

English, seems a bit in the Miles mould so struggle to see where he fits to be honest.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Fraser Turner I like, a wingman pure and simple has great ball winning ability, (which is different to contested ball), has speed and endurance. Constantly gets 20 plus possessions covering both ends of the ground. At 186cm a pretty good size, light but has put on weight as opposed to Menadue.

English, seems a bit in the Miles mould so struggle to see where he fits to be honest.
Good to hear about Fraser. Yeah, Luke English I couldn't see much of anything yet. Early days I suppose.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
The thing about Fraser is that his birthday is Boxing Day and he will be just 19 in a month.

So well behind all the other kids in last year's draft age and development wise. Has last pre- season and this year's so expecting him to flourish over 2020 and we will be able to add his name to the successful late draft picks

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

Fraser Turner is the reason PRE darling Menadue got let go. Within 12 months, he will be capable of producing the same at AFL level as Menadue did after 5 years in the system. Good to see him slightly bigger.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I'm calling Turner to be the round 1 debutant this year (Bellis role). Not just because of his elite running ability but knocks up getting the ball too. I was amazed at his early VFL numbers for a first year outside player last year.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

Talls:

Repeat 300's

Shoulder Boys

Thanks Caesar.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Did you know the month "July" was named in honor of Julius Caesar
I did.

The thing about Fraser is that his birthday is Boxing Day and he will be just 19 in a month.

Have to say, it's funny seeing birthdates nowadays as 26.12.00.......looks like a data error with the 00 :))

...and speaking of birthdays, Happy Birthday to Lambo who, unfortunately, turns 28 tomorrow (wish he was 5 years younger)

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
No way! I did not know that and guess what month I am born. I must be a direct descendant ;)

At 174 cm in height, Julius Caesar was considered a very tall man for his time. Ruckman height.