Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Playing so badly that not even LD has come in here to defend him.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Dear Cotchy,

Please do not retire. without grand finals in my life, I need you.

Kick 30 goals in a FP, 5 mins in the guts now and then, and maybe dive into just a couple more blokes, and watch them flop off like shot ducks.

Richmond won't ever be the same without you, so please Captain, please, give us one more year.

you inspire us

love EZT
No way he's turning that plea down man ....;)

• Love

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
No way he's turning that plea down man ....;)

he'll be a long time as a brass statue.

I think im gonna buy a Dylan Sheil and Gary Ablett jr. 3D printed doll,

and tuck them away until I attend the official opening, rip an arm off each little doll, and lay them down,

at his big brass feet.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Something not quite right with Cotch since coming back from injury. Looks like there is a niggle somewhere. Same goes for Dusty, something is holding him back

ILUVDISCO

Tiger Rookie
Oct 20, 2009
Dear Cotchy,

Please do not retire. without grand finals in my life, I need you.

Kick 30 goals in a FP, 5 mins in the guts now and then, and maybe dive into just a couple more blokes, and watch them flop off like shot ducks.

Richmond won't ever be the same without you, so please Captain, please, give us one more year.

you inspire us

love EZT
Agree with everything you have said EZ, but he can not go on. Heartbreakingly his time has come, and I reckon there were a few times, it seemed at the ground last night, his body language said he knows as well. I love and admire him greatly but I would hate to see him finish badly, a shell of the legend of our club he has been

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Only played 68% game time. Has lost a yard and was never quick and mostly seems rushed with his disposal, a sure sign you're struggling with the pace of the game. Opposition is running off him. Will need to find another position as midfield is too hot for him now.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Have just finished watching a bunch of highlights from the Tigers mighty drought-breaking premiership season of 2017. Also indulged in a package for 2019. There are/were so many brilliant highlights in both those premierships (THANK YOU Richmond), but those that stand out the most for me, because they were plentiful, are the ones associated with Captain Crunch, the mighty skipper Trent Cotchin. Watching him do his stuff in full flight, full fitness and full confidence is a joy to behold. It took my breath away at times what he did in those finals series for the first two flags. Just led from the front and wasn't ever ever going to surrender. Was a beacon that radiated out across the entire team. A gun player, a great great leader.
I'm not calling for or predicting the end. I am just in awe of what he has achieved for RFC and, vicariously, for us. We have been privileged to witness his contribution to the Yellow and Black.

Reactions: 7 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The most underrated triple premiership Captain in the history of the AFL

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Will always be a Tiger Legend.
3 time Premiership Captain who lead from the front and could change the course of a game with a solitary tackle. One of the greats.

But it's time.

• Sad
Reactions: 11 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Will always be a Tiger Legend.
3 time Premiership Captain who lead from the front and could change the course of a game with a solitary tackle. One of the greats.

But it's time.

Sad but seems for the best. One of the greats.

Can't see a purpose to him struggling through another season next year.

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
He just doesn’t seem interested at the moment and this is reflected in his play.
If he plays on next year he should relinquish the captaincy to free his mind up.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Well, I won’t begrudge the great Chimpa going around again next year but he’ll only be a bit part contributor. Reality check for a few posters on this thread through the year who think that he’s still the player he was. He’s not.

One more year for the fabulous Chimpa and that’s it.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Will be holding out a young kid if he plays on next year
Thanks for :cupgold:cupgold:cupgold Chimp it was a great ride but it’s time

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I hate watching a club legend and hero play like this. I understand he has one more year of a contract, but playing another year at this level of output would be a shame.

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
I really feel sorry for the great Chimp being reduced to this. I hope he has an injury otherwise the cliff has come. It's a tough situation for him and the club to be playing this badly with one more year on big money left on his contract.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Our 30 year olds look 50.
Barely wins the ball when he is in the middle.
Either he calls it or the club needs to do it for him.