Trent Cotchin on SEN | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin on SEN

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
I reckon we can turn this into a positive for the club.

I've lost interest in this season, and I reckon some of the players have too. We've been poor. There's still no guarantee the season will even be completed.

Leaving blokes like Cotch, Jack, Bachar and Edwards out of the hub could even PROLONG their careers.

We then get a great look at this kids, and any player that wants to go to the hub would walk over hot coals to play for this club. Geez, Liam Baker would back into a pack in an EDFL game that wasn't televised and played on the moon. He doesn't care. The young guys at the club would all feel the same and welcome the opportunity.

Let's treat this season as a development one and reload hard for 2021. I wanna see CCJ, RCD, Dow, Cholly, Ross, Stacky and even Zips if he can get his skinfolds down build connection in the hub and get a heap of games. Watch the excitement levels within the group skyrocket .

Just my take.

Reactions: 9 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Yep play the kids - we are going to have to if we want to hang on to them anyway.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I reckon we can turn this into a positive for the club.

I've lost interest in this season, and I reckon some of the players have too. We've been poor. There's still no guarantee the season will even be completed.

Leaving blokes like Cotch, Jack, Bachar and Edwards out of the hub could even PROLONG their careers.

We then get a great look at this kids, and any player that wants to go to the hub would walk over hot coals to play for this club. Geez, Liam Baker would back into a pack in an EDFL game that wasn't televised and played on the moon. He doesn't care. The young guys at the club would all feel the same and welcome the opportunity.

Let's treat this season as a development one and reload hard for 2021. I wanna see CCJ, RCD, Dow, Cholly, Ross, Stacky and even Zips if he can get his skinfolds down build connection in the hub and get a heap of games. Watch the excitement levels within the group skyrocket .

Just my take.

Good take!

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Love Cotch but hearing to much crap exuses we weren't ready for no crowds ,opting out of hubs etc etc.Had plenty of time to adjust deal with like other clubs a doing with it and rest of society.

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
The club must present as a United front
I agree. This is important. Would not be surprised to see Dimma temper this down a little during his pre game presser later this week.

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Wud love to see CCJ played as a deep forward like the King brothers and Chol as a ruck. Jack is getting on now and CCJ is my choice to replace him with Lynch playing up the ground a bit more at CHF. If they dont play this kid he will move on and probably have a great career at another mob.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Wud love to see CCJ played as a deep forward like the King brothers and Chol as a ruck. Jack is getting on now and CCJ is my choice to replace him with Lynch playing up the ground a bit more at CHF. If they dont play this kid he will move on and probably have a great career at another mob.

Agreed this season could be utilised for development and no doubt will be the way all teams go that start to fall off the pace over the next 4-5 weeks.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Our sword is the brotherhood. Happy players, dynamic team.

if this year is a bust but the club doesn’t abandon the values that make it great, then I’m prepared to cop it.

if I’m reading Cotch correctly, our entire preparatory system has been thrown into disarray.

fine. Roll on 2021.
So just run up the white flag on 2020 .. And expect to reboot without a hitch in 2021...easier said than done.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Yeh, but wasn't that connection with each other? (as in teammates). Yes, hopefully it helps make players more rounded but not sure I'd be crediting the premierships to how the players felt about their partners & families.

I agree with Ezy, unless there are exceptional health circumstances I'd hope the players would commit to whatvever was required to enable the competition and the club to continue season 2020.

I agree with EZY.

Listening to Cotchin I’m more in the belief now that it’s all become too hard under Cov-19.

They are not in the right head space.

The connection they had ( last three years) seems to be lost now.

Another poor performance without effort and it’s season I think.

Reactions: 2 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
How many workers in other sectors are given the option to opt out of their contractural obligations due to COVId (as distinct from having their contracts torn up)

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The one factor that our players more than any other clubs will feel is the sense of achievement. They've won 2 Premierships. Sure, 3 or 4 would be nice but who wouldn't be happy to bow out as a dual premiership player? While sitting at home for 4 months doing nothing, there's too much time to think and reflect. No doubt the older players will have thought about retirement time. If the shortened 1/4s, lack of crowd and now hubbing all add up to not enjoying the game as much as they used too then we are at real risk of seeing some of our layers step away.

Let them stay home, refresh, recharge. It gives us a chance to blood the kids (kids who need the reduced match payments more) and prepare for our Premiership in 2021

Reactions: 6 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The one factor that our players more than any other clubs will feel is the sense of achievement. They've won 2 Premierships. Sure, 3 or 4 would be nice but who wouldn't be happy to bow out as a dual premiership player? While sitting at home for 4 months doing nothing, there's too much time to think and reflect. No doubt the older players will have thought about retirement time. If the shortened 1/4s, lack of crowd and now hubbing all add up to not enjoying the game as much as they used too then we are at real risk of seeing some of our layers step away.

Let them stay home, refresh, recharge. It gives us a chance to blood the kids (kids who need the reduced match payments more) and prepare for our Premiership in 2021

Some good points.

If the fire aint there this year it wont be ignited in an interstate hub.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Ive always thought we might mimic Geesook in that we let a chance at a back to back pass us in 18 Geesook in 08.

They won in 07, 09 and 11.

We win in 17, 19 and 21 its probably our best way to cap off the careers of some greats next year.

I'd trade out this *smile* season for another real flag next year absolutely.

Reactions: 8 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I am pretty Edwards is one.
Ive always thought we might mimic Geesook in that we let a chance at a back to back pass us in 18 Geesook in 08.

They won in 07, 09 and 11.

We win in 17, 19 and 21 its probably our best way to cap off the careers of some greats next year.

I'd trade out this *smile* season for another real flag next year absolutely.

Huge difference between us and them.
They were hot favourites in 08, we were outsiders in 2017.
They were lucky playing stkilda in 09, they have no idea how to win a flag.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
I think the smart move, given the COVID debacle in Victoria, would be for teams to use the year as a development year for those players who are on the cusp of selection. We need to have a decent look at a few of our kids. Can they compete against senior players? For what it's worth, I think the AFL will not get to play finals this year due to ongoing restrictions.
Dusty playing hurt, Dave has gone for 5 weeks, Jack out of sorts, Rancey with only one oar in the water, Daniel wishing he was further north, Cotchy's speech today are all factors pointing to a serious injection of our finest reserves.

Asterisk season - Mathematically we will very likely run out of options for games by round 12 if restrictions continue to apply to Victorian teams.